St. Paul's Preparatory Academy

Private | PK-12

Student diversity

Special education

The school has not provided this information yet.

Living in Arlington

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $144,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,150.

Sweep tile

Posted October 29, 2013

When we were planning for school for our 3 and 5 year old, we looked into many options and prayed that God would show us where we needed to place our children in schools. Our search and prayers led us to St. Paul s Preparatory Academy in Arlington, TX. We are ecstatic about our decision. The Staff and teachers are wonderful. The staff has been great about responding to question and just being helpful in general. After only 9 weeks of school, Our 5 year old, Brighton (K5) is already writing his name in cursive, he is reading, he knows his vowel rules, memory verses and he just loves going to school. Our 3 year old Breanna (K3) is learning her letters, letter sounds and numbers. She is also learning memory verses each week. They both just love going to school and they both love their teachers. They run out of the car in the morning to get to class. They love to tell us what he learned in school each day. Both have learned to count in Spanish and have learned many songs they sing for us. It is wonderful that they are able to learn and be exposed to Music and Spanish even at that young of an age.

Posted September 30, 2013

My son goes to this school and we have seen a huge difference academically, spiritually and socially. Mrs. Tate is doing a great job in K4. I recently enrolled my daughter for their early childhood program and we are very excited. Based on our experience, it s a good school and it s worth every penny.

Posted August 1, 2013

Our daughter has been enrolled in the early childhood program and she has flourished. Her socialization skills improve every single week and she is constantly learning new things. We are thrilled to be a part of the St. Paul's family. The school gives us regular feedback on how our child is doing, and we are thankful our child is in a safe, protected environment with Christian teachers.

Posted April 23, 2013

I am a graduate of St. Paul's and my wife and I have just enrolled our first child in the Early Childhood program. We are impressed with what we've seen.

Posted March 21, 2012

Along with a beautiful facility St. Paul's Prep has a superior staff of dedicated Christian teachers who have created an excellent environment for learning and training in academics and character building! My two children benefited greatly from their St. Paul's education and both went on to excel and gain advanced degrees at major universities and begin successful careers. I highly recommend St. Paul's to all parents who desire an excellent Christian education.

Posted March 7, 2012

Excellent teachers, academics, and sports. My 2 children have attended school here for over 8 years. Strong Christian environment where children are challenged to do more and be more. You will love St. Paul's!

Posted January 28, 2012

Great Christian teaching, but lacking in academics. My son transferred to a public school and was one year behind in all material. Teachers and Administrators are very biased and judgemental.

Posted January 3, 2012

St. Paul's Prep is an awesome school. Their graduates go to the best colleges, with many receiving scholarships. I know my child will be very successful in her career after finishing college because of the excellent foundation she received at St. Paul's Prep

Posted October 25, 2011

My child attended this school for several years and did quite well academically. Everyone is very nice and dedicated to teaching. However, I feel that this school could benefit from a Parent Teacher Organization. Parental involvement is very beneficial to the overall success of student education; it should be encouraged! A gifted and talented program would improve student sustainability. They also need to incorporate a better science curriculm for the lower level. This is extremely important!

Posted October 6, 2011

My son was enrolled for one year. Prior to that he went to another Christian school. The academics at St Paul are not strong compared to the other Christian school he attended. The other school taught one year ahead; SPPA does not. So he didn't learn anything new during the first half. The Christian teaching is great, but the academics are not. The school does not solicit parental involvement unless they are selling something. There is no PTA, nor does the school encourage it. Teachers don't send home any daily or weekly feedback about what the students are doing, which I think is critical if you want to be an involved parent and reinforce what your young child is learning at home. I did not re-enroll my child after one year because the academics were not strong enough. Case in point...during winter 2011, when schools were closed down for a week due to the snow/ice storms, SPPA did NOTHING to make any of the time up. These parents are paying $700/month, and the school feels no responsibility to add an extra day or two to teach the children? Even the public schools do that! I enrolled my child at Arlington Classics Academy and it is WONDERFUL! The academics are MUCH MUCH better!!!

Posted June 30, 2011

I am a graduate of this school and after graduating, I went to a top university and graduated with double honors. I have also earned two master's degrees since then. My wife and I are planning to enroll our first child in this school as soon as she's old enough. If you're looking for a private school that offers a top-notch education, a beautiful campus, an emphasis on Christian values, and a safe, protected environment all at a great price, then St. Paul's is the private school for you.

Posted June 24, 2011

Three of our children currently attend St. Paul's. Two other of our children are St. Paul graduates who are currently Juniors at a local university & college. What your child is willing to put in to their education is exactly what they will get out. If you want your child in a protected environment (& they will respect authority), then this is the place for you. Our children are in the real world as productive, respectable citizens.

Posted June 2, 2011

This school lacks in many areas, and does not even come close to a quality education. There are more teachers that are not certified to teach, than are certified. And there are teachers teaching subjects in which they have no authority. I have several friends who took their kids out of SPPA to attend public school, and they were incredibly behind academically - even for the on-level classes. From talking with several parents and families who feel the same way, I would not recommend sending your children there. They will get a much better education elsewhere. You are frowned upon if you do not attend the church, if you don't drive a fancy car or have a lot of money, and everyone idolizes the pastors. All the good reviews on here are from people who were instructed to write good reviews to make the school look good.

Posted May 2, 2011

I have few of my children who went there and we were so excited about the beautiful building and Christian values. Academics great for younger kids like up to 8th grade but lack in quality for high-schoolers, unless your kid's a genius or you can afford additional tutoring, the high-schoolers are not really prepared for straight college education. If your kid s dream is college ball, he might have to go to a junior college first. School counselor gave no guidance 4 scholarships, not very knowledgeable either. Admin is very nice, some caring teachers but teaching body & direction in general don t take parents complaints well (these should be expected, I think). Kudo to vice-principal, who is more real. Well, it depends what you re looking for in a school for your kids. I don t like having to write a negative review on SPPA but I think that it might help them to see certain things and make it better and I just can't not be honest with myself or others reading my review. Sorry. Great potential though. Would be a great school with honest self-evaluation, working to fix these weak areas and right adjustments.

Posted April 9, 2011

I love St. Paul's Pep. It is an outstanding school with a caring and loving staff. The children are taught everything needed to become a success in life, from academics to sports. The students even have the opportunity to participate in many academic competitions, bringing home first place medals evey year. At St. Paul's Prep, my child has a strong desire to learn and participate in all the extra activities the school offers, including fine arts programs and sports. The school provides all the opportunities needed for our children to excel in every area of life,.

Posted March 10, 2011

I love the environment at the school. Both of my children started at SPPA and will both graduate from SPPA. They are protected from the non-sense that the public schools have to allow. If you want your child to grow up independant, strong, and productive, this school will prepare them for that. The parents/students who refuse to respect authority are not allowed back which in turn shows my children that there are consequences to bad behavior. The sports program is great too. They teach the importance of teamwork and that winning is fun. They have won several State Championships and there are more to come!

Posted February 21, 2011

My 2 children has been attending St Paul's for several years. If you want a protected environment with a zero tolerance for sex, drugs, homosexuality and everything else that the public schools allow and teach children then this is the school for you. The teachers love the Lord and treat my children like they would treat there own. My 6th grade daughter is on the A honor role and has made it to the regional spelling bee for the past 2 years because they teach our children how to read at an early age.

Posted February 21, 2011

My children have gone to St. Paul's for the past 8 years. I love the dedication of the teachers. This is a top notch educational facility. Once you tour the campus and meet the staff you will know what I am talking about! Don't settle for anything less, your child deserves the best!

Posted February 20, 2011

If you want your child to learn respect, manners,discipline and learn to think for themselves this is the school for you! Teaching staff and leadership really care about the outcome of your child. My son graduated and I highly recommend this school for anyone that is looking for an excellent Christian based school.

Posted February 20, 2011

My favorite thing about St. Pauls is the protection there, yes they have no tolerance on things that go on in public schools. That is exactly why we pay our hard earned money to send our children there. They teach BIBLE, and they do not allow any type of drugs, sexual talk, and of course do not promote homosexuality that is prevalent in the public schools. I have had two graduate from St. Pauls and am very pleased with the fine young men they have become. I am very thankful for the school and the morals, ethics, honor and integrity it teaches.

Arts & music

Performing and written arts
  • Dance
  • Drama

Language learning

Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (817) 561-3408

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious