Bad
Good

This is a place where adults work hard to serve and care for students and their families. The current leadership is always available to hear and resolve concerns and are very visible. The teachers offer daily conference times, before and after school tutoring and welcoming demeanors. I wouldn't want to send my child anywhere else. Here I know she is cared for daily!

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

teachers work on teams and collaborate to make sure kids don't have too much homework. Students are encouraged to participate in extra curricular activities and the sponsors work to make sure kids have tutorial times to work on homework.

The people that run the school are horrible and incompetent. Four days into the school year and four days of nothing but problems. It's absolutely impossible to get any help or anybody on the phone. No one will return a phone call. I'm disgusted with the school.

This is a boring but easy place to substitute at. Keep in mind for rowdy children.

This campus is run by some very incompetent people. The office staff has been rude and very disrespectful on the phone and in person numerous times. The email system is backwards. I will receive ten emails about buying a t-shirt, yet never get a response about my child's grade. There is also too much bullying and the school seems to take no responsibility. I will be making arrangements so my other children will not be attending this school. If you are a decent parent, you should think before putting your child in this "school".

The school isn't bad overall. Teachers are great-it is a bir older campu sbut kept very neat & clean & will be getting some remodel soon anyway as it is scheduled already I hear. The main pricipal is very involved & good with kids & tries to connect on their level. They sports program & band programs are outstanding I think it is also on an upswing I hear. My children have been very happy here & loved participating in sports & learend a lot there. Then again I am an involved parent which seems to make all the difference.

The problem is not with the teachers at this school, its with some of the students and their parents. Parents how do you let your child bring home a kindle or a galaxyS cell phone and do nothing about it? Just since school started my son has had both of these items stolen from him. I know everything my child bring into my home if something like that come through my door. I will be at the school finding out where my child got it from. I'm find in most cases that the apple dont fall far from the tree. The child steals they learn it from someone in the home. People teach you kids to keep their hands off other people things. To many hoodlums and thieves... Otherwise great educators.

Great school. Wonderful teachers and a good group of kids. Our son has really gotten a lot from this school.

My son attends school there and he always tell me how the teachers spend more time on the computers or on their cell phones than they do with the students. He has also stated to me when he asks teachers questions, he is told to ask one of the other people in the class just because she does not want to get off of the computer and help him. They don't even know that half of their students are sleeping in class. Then, he always gets assignments that have to be done on a computer. It is almost like the school expects every student to have a computer and internet service of their own. And the teachers even though they can be on the computer all day, they do not allow computer time for the students to do this assignment in class.

I work at this school. The staff is wonderful. The teachers are vcery good withthe students, very helpful. The school is older, but kept very clean and neat. The lunchroom staff is awsome. The manager is very on top of things and runs a tight ship. He staff is friendly and always smiling. We have had lunches at other schools and well......not good at all. This lunchroom will serve the best food in the whole district. Over all the whole sxhool is the best.

Last modified T A Howard Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.