Arlington, TX

D P Morris Elementary School 3

Posted June 02, 2015
This is my child's second year at DP Morris. - I liked my child's teacher both years. I didn't like that both were first time teachers when my child was in their class. I hope my child gets a seasoned teacher next year. - The principal, Sublette, isn't very sociable, and has done nothing to make me like her. - I love the secretary. She is always respectful and pleasant. She even remembers most parents names and which child is theirs as they walk through the door. - PTA fundraisers were better this year than last year. - I wish there were more/better parental involvement activities. Last year there was a mother-son movie night which I thought was nice, but the father-daughter dance seemed much nicer and more enjoyable. This year there was no event for mothers and sons, so I was disappointed because all I have are sons. I hope there is a mother-son dance next year. - I love capturing memories through photographs, and my child loves looking through and reminiscing through photos. Last year it was worth buying the school yearbook because my child made it into a few photos. This year however, the only photo of my child in the yearbook is the individual picture from the fall. The first thing my child said when he came home was, "I'm not in there." What is the point in emailing photos to their "yearbook email" and to their Facebook, when absolutely none of the photos get included in the yearbook. Yes I'm upset that I wasted my money this year, but what is most upsetting is how sad my child is that the pictures are not in there. - Who ever is managing the yearbook email has never bothered to reply to acknowledge the receipt of my emails and photos in the two years I have been sending photos. - Also, some parents aren't able to volunteer in the classroom to see their child, so the yearbook and Facebook is a great way to see what our children are involved in. I think too many children get left out. - Additionally, what is the point in the school having a Facebook page when most questions posted from parents on the page are not answered and unacknowledged. Also, the receipt of the photos I message to the Facebook page goes unacknowledged as well.

D P Morris Elementary School 1

Posted November 04, 2013
The principal Sublette is a rude, tacky woman with absolutely zero positive incentives for children. I can't imagine what in the world the MISD is thinking keeping this woman! She has lost TWENTY percent of her staff the first year. That says A LOT. Teachers are getting less experienced/lower paid and the neighborhood is not improving. Bottom line - if you have a choice any place would be better. Parents/ volunteers are not valued at all.
3 people found this helpful

Posted September 05, 2008
My son's first year at this school was the fall of 07. He had a wonderful experience in kindergarten in Ms. Duncan's class and he really improved in his reading and math skills by the middle of the school year.

Posted September 02, 2008
The fall of 07 was our familys first year here at this school. I was impress with some of there teachers going above and beyond their dutys Thougth some need to work on their organization and communication skills. A little disappointed in the fact that the principal was not always seen by the parents and not very socialable either. This school is okay but with a little parent and staff involvement it can be a great school .

D P Morris Elementary School 2

Posted February 03, 2008
My daughter us in her second year at DP Morris. The principal has still not called me back on a serious issue. There are plenty of fights involving highschool students infront of the school. The only blessing is my child's wonderful teacher, Ms. Arneel, who is obviously well above the standard.

D P Morris Elementary School 3

Posted September 13, 2007
I enjoy my son attending DP Morris, but I don't think they are timely about announcements of student activities and other related events. I would like to be more involved but with only a one day notice for events it is hard to plan. Also, my son was having some challenges last year and I tried to speak with a counselor about where to start in the process of having him evaluated for any learning disabilities and I just kept getting the run around. She finally put me off until March when she told me that it was too late in the year.

Posted September 28, 2005
Excellent School. Very student oriented program and caring teachers.

Posted August 22, 2005
This school is top notch. The teacher's are great, caring and show love to the children. I have had 4 boy's attend this elementary all with different, a couple with leaning problems. The teacher's made them aware but did not single them out from the class. Made my kid's feel confident and they achieved and were successful in defending there leaning disability. I thank god for the teacher's in DP Morris. I still have one more there for 4 more years. I have no doubt that he would have the best time there like a child is suppose to have his first year's of school. He had a great year in kinder there so no doubt it will be great. An parent involvement is high and very well acknowledged as well as appreciated at D P Morris

Posted May 28, 2005
The teachers at this school provide a quality education for its students. The leadership is outstanding. Both teachers and administration encourage parent involvement. Students are given opportunities to excel both in academic studies and social opportunities. I would highly recommend this school.

7900 Tin Cup Drive, Arlington, TX  76001
Last modified D P Morris Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
D P Morris Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top