Arlington, TX

D P Morris Elementary School 1

Posted November 04, 2013
The principal Sublette is a rude, tacky woman with absolutely zero positive incentives for children. I can't imagine what in the world the MISD is thinking keeping this woman! She has lost TWENTY percent of her staff the first year. That says A LOT. Teachers are getting less experienced/lower paid and the neighborhood is not improving. Bottom line - if you have a choice any place would be better. Parents/ volunteers are not valued at all.

D P Morris Elementary School 0

Posted September 05, 2008
My son's first year at this school was the fall of 07. He had a wonderful experience in kindergarten in Ms. Duncan's class and he really improved in his reading and math skills by the middle of the school year.

D P Morris Elementary School 0

Posted September 02, 2008
The fall of 07 was our familys first year here at this school. I was impress with some of there teachers going above and beyond their dutys Thougth some need to work on their organization and communication skills. A little disappointed in the fact that the principal was not always seen by the parents and not very socialable either. This school is okay but with a little parent and staff involvement it can be a great school .

D P Morris Elementary School 2

Posted February 03, 2008
My daughter us in her second year at DP Morris. The principal has still not called me back on a serious issue. There are plenty of fights involving highschool students infront of the school. The only blessing is my child's wonderful teacher, Ms. Arneel, who is obviously well above the standard.

Posted September 13, 2007
I enjoy my son attending DP Morris, but I don't think they are timely about announcements of student activities and other related events. I would like to be more involved but with only a one day notice for events it is hard to plan. Also, my son was having some challenges last year and I tried to speak with a counselor about where to start in the process of having him evaluated for any learning disabilities and I just kept getting the run around. She finally put me off until March when she told me that it was too late in the year.

Posted January 08, 2007

Posted September 28, 2005
Excellent School. Very student oriented program and caring teachers.

Posted August 22, 2005
This school is top notch. The teacher's are great, caring and show love to the children. I have had 4 boy's attend this elementary all with different, a couple with leaning problems. The teacher's made them aware but did not single them out from the class. Made my kid's feel confident and they achieved and were successful in defending there leaning disability. I thank god for the teacher's in DP Morris. I still have one more there for 4 more years. I have no doubt that he would have the best time there like a child is suppose to have his first year's of school. He had a great year in kinder there so no doubt it will be great. An parent involvement is high and very well acknowledged as well as appreciated at D P Morris

Posted August 17, 2005

Posted May 28, 2005
The teachers at this school provide a quality education for its students. The leadership is outstanding. Both teachers and administration encourage parent involvement. Students are given opportunities to excel both in academic studies and social opportunities. I would highly recommend this school.

D P Morris Elementary School
7900 Tin Cup Drive, Arlington, TX  76001
Last modified D P Morris Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
D P Morris Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top