K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Under the old leadership (5+ years ago) the school was rigorous and parents worked day and night to implement curriculum sent home (its a part time school). Since new head of school came in, academics took a back seat to sports. Currently, the head and board pushed to build an expensive (millions of dollars) building (for this PART TIME school) and are doing all possible to get $. Nothing else matters at this point- to the extent that teachers are assigning near nothing for home school days to appease parents. In elementary there are 3 home school days- so if little to no work is assigned...that's a problem. My own kid spends 15 min on work on the home days. Pretty scary. Tuition costs the same as many area 5 days private schools- so we are are getting very little for the money. There is a push to create a certain appearance, but things are not what they seem. Many have left- including teachers. The remaining people are either new, still work there, or like the school name and are excited that their kids have little to no work.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Leadership is where most of the problems are at this school~

Develops character: Neutral

Not instilled by the school- this is instilled by the parents

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some are good, some are weak~ they are paid so little, quality cant be guaranteed

Amount of homework: Disagree

It's a part time school where you homeschool the other days. Not much happens at school, so the parent does the majority of teaching (yet you pay the same tuition that many area 5 day schools charge)

Last year my daughter was in 5th grade and they never composed a paper. They wrote one descriptive paragraph- that's it. We had no idea how many academic holes there were, but at the end of the year heard many tales from both parents and former teachers. Wish we had known before spending the money. That's the other thing, if you do end up with a weak teacher or weak classes, you can not pull out with out still having to pay tuition for the rest of the year. You have to keep your commitment of paying, but they dont have to keep their commitment of academic standards.

My family has been at Grace Prep for 4 years now and I can not imagine being anywhere else. The teachers are extremely caring and the curriculum is challenging. I love being such a vital part of my daughters' education.

The school just had their first dance and I was so impressed with the amount of leadership on the part of the staff, student leaders and the parents that stepped up to help with food, supervision, and clean up. It was an overall wonderful night of music with clean lyrics and kids having a blast socializing and dancing to all kinds of songs. I know this because I was a parent that signed up to chaperone. I am so proud of the school my children attend!!!

To the previous comment>>>I know exactly who you are talking about. Everybody in the 8th grade loves her and she's nice to everyone in our grade:) Now back to the school. I am new to this school. And I was raised in public school all my life. Some girls in our grade are very nice and accept you quite nicely. And the teachers are VERY caring. But than some of the girls gossip. And then they gossip about each other. It gets on my nerves so much sometime I just want to stay home. I thought of even transferring. Plus, unlike in private school, there are TIGHT cliques. You now when you stay in on clique and that's ur clique. Yeah... Academics though are really above average :) -8th grade student

My daughter was in Public School and after the introduction of the STAR testing we decided to pull her out because there was too much confusion. She went to another private school and loved the education, facilities and faculty but didn't really like the students. Then she came to Grace Prep in the 8th grade. She is bi-racial and has received a warm welcome. She has made friends quickly. We love the flex schedule because she takes lots of music lessons. We love the personal responsibility that is placed on her to do her own work. The teachers are great they will assist in helping at any time. She has had 10pm teacher chats when she is stumped. She is very athletic and plays all sports. Overall she is having a great experience. The facility is small compared to other private christian schools and I am sure its because of the low tuition they charge - I personally feel they could and should charge more as that is my only drawback - the lack of facilities, lockers and gym other than that as a parent I am loving it.

Last modified Grace Preparatory Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12