Athens Christian Academy 1

Posted August 22, 2012
My child went to ACA for a year. I would very loosely term it a "Christian School". ACA is more along the lines of a military academy. My extremely shy child was told to "shut his mouth" the second morning I dropped him off, while telling me goodbye. The students are not able to speak during lunch, or really at any other time that I saw other then on the playground. Several days they had to eat their lunch with their head down in the dark. I spoke to the head master several times regarding the way the students were spoken to, etc. each time feeling it was a complete waste of my time, which it was. The other parents that I visited with always stated "well it is better then the public school here" and that it is the only one in town.

Athens Christian Academy 4

Posted April 04, 2008
My children attend the Academy and we are so greatful. They are encouraged to develop educationally as well as high moral conduct. We intend to keep our children at ACA thru 8th grade. I only wish the athletic, science and foregin language programs were much stronger.

Posted February 14, 2008
I'm from Dallas orginally and I had my child in Plano schools, and was pleasantly surprised to find the academy so diligent in academics and personal care for it's students. I think the amount of tuition is negligible when you consider the quality of education. The new classrooms are nice as well. The parents are very involved and I found the families to be very nice and welcoming. East Texas twang is hardly heard in these hallways, mostly excellent grammar and good manners. A great example for other schools! Adena Wilder

Posted February 11, 2008
My daughter has attended ACA from K-7 and will finish next year in 8th grade. It is amazing to see a learning environment where the children are so eager and excited to learn. This school has been such a blessing!

Posted November 05, 2007
The teachers teach to each child individually instead of holding them back because others do not understand. My kids are excited to tell me about everything they have learned each day and how interesting it was. On top of the education my children have been loved, treated and disciplined in a 'Christ like way'. They learn the Bible better everyday and love sharing it with others.

Posted August 15, 2007

Athens Christian Academy 0

Posted August 08, 2007
My daughter will start her 7th year at ACA this month. Teacher quality, spiritual development, office and secretarial leaders, parent involvement down to cafeteria workers are above and beyond the call of duty. I would also like to thank the church members at First Baptist Church for making this possible. Never under estimate what a blessing this school has been for my daughter and our community.

Posted January 01, 2006

Posted November 07, 2005
Athens Christian Academy has been a blessing to our daughter and our family. We could not ask for a more loving, yet educational environment in which her formative years are being developed. The staff and teachers are our extended family!

Posted November 07, 2005
My daughter attended Athens Christian Academy from grades K-6 where she recieved an excellent education while being nurtured and guided spiritually. She was a straight 'A' student her entire career because of the one on one attention and direction that she recieved from her teachers. The administrator,office staff and church staff were caring, compassionate and concerned about the needs of each child and family. Always available and willing to assist in any way possible I felt comfortable going to them with any requests or questions great or small. I initially chose ACA because of the discipline policies and procedures as well as the excellence in academics and spiritual nurturing. The standard is 'Excellence' at ACA and the students and staff reflect that standard. ACA provides a firm foundation meeting the needs of the whole child not just academics. The staff at ACA reflect that it's not just a job, it's a ministry.

Athens Christian Academy
105 S Carroll Street, Athens, TX  75751
Last modified Athens Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-6
Athens Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top