K-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Neutral

I believe this school is not much different than a public school. it seems to have an ok director backed by a horrible board of directors that don't administer Christ like behavior.

My child attended this school. My son was told to "shut up" the first week he was there by his teacher. Then when he told the teacher he didn't understand the assignment she told him "too bad". Afterwards he developed academic and behavior trouble. The other kids would never accept my child and they never made friends with him. After three teacher parent meetings the school gave up completely on my child. I feel like the teachers at this school did a horrible job of making my child feel welcomed & loved. I don't believe the teachers are able to adequately teach my child. They seemed very critical of him for doing kid like things. I do not recommend this school to anyone. They teach an advanced curricular that is tough for kids moving from a public school. They expect them to pick it up very quickly. The kids don't seem to let anyone in their circle. This was the teachers fault I believe. Which makes things even tougher for a new student. It's sad when a Christian school gives up on a child. He didn't fit into their mold so they shunned him. Very Christ like as you can see.

My child went to ACA for a year. I would very loosely term it a "Christian School". ACA is more along the lines of a military academy. My extremely shy child was told to "shut his mouth" the second morning I dropped him off, while telling me goodbye. The students are not able to speak during lunch, or really at any other time that I saw other then on the playground. Several days they had to eat their lunch with their head down in the dark. I spoke to the head master several times regarding the way the students were spoken to, etc. each time feeling it was a complete waste of my time, which it was. The other parents that I visited with always stated "well it is better then the public school here" and that it is the only one in town.

My children attend the Academy and we are so greatful. They are encouraged to develop educationally as well as high moral conduct. We intend to keep our children at ACA thru 8th grade. I only wish the athletic, science and foregin language programs were much stronger.

I'm from Dallas orginally and I had my child in Plano schools, and was pleasantly surprised to find the academy so diligent in academics and personal care for it's students. I think the amount of tuition is negligible when you consider the quality of education. The new classrooms are nice as well. The parents are very involved and I found the families to be very nice and welcoming. East Texas twang is hardly heard in these hallways, mostly excellent grammar and good manners. A great example for other schools! Adena Wilder

My daughter has attended ACA from K-7 and will finish next year in 8th grade. It is amazing to see a learning environment where the children are so eager and excited to learn. This school has been such a blessing!

The teachers teach to each child individually instead of holding them back because others do not understand. My kids are excited to tell me about everything they have learned each day and how interesting it was. On top of the education my children have been loved, treated and disciplined in a 'Christ like way'. They learn the Bible better everyday and love sharing it with others.

My daughter will start her 7th year at ACA this month. Teacher quality, spiritual development, office and secretarial leaders, parent involvement down to cafeteria workers are above and beyond the call of duty. I would also like to thank the church members at First Baptist Church for making this possible. Never under estimate what a blessing this school has been for my daughter and our community.

Last modified Athens Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-6