PK-4|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (5 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 24, 2016
Our family is so grateful for Sharon English. She has gone above and beyond to help our son succeed academically and socially. On a daily basis, she is teaching him reading, math, and how to be a good friend. Sharon is always willing to help us, as parents, when we have that "Help, what do I do?" moment. I know that everyday my son is in her classroom he is loved and I never realized how important that would be to me. Thank you Ms. Sharon! -Parent

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 24, 2016
They customize each learning plan for each child. They have a small classroom environment in which they can really provide that 1:1 attention that each child needs. They are creative and try to make learning fun for the kids, which helps grow interest and retention.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 24, 2016
Just perfect! It is enough so the child practices a concept, but not too much to where the child is resisting to do the work.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 24, 2016
I think the determination and persistence is shown by the children and their willingness and eagerness to learn. The teachers help facilitate the kids getting to the next milestone, but the determination is from the confidence that develops in each student from the support of their teachers.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 24, 2016
Yes. When you see the children and how they interact with each other and their teachers, it is evident that they respect each other.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 24, 2016
Most definitely. Each child is dealing with their own disability and they all respect each other and are considerate of each other and their needs. Again, this is modeled by the teachers and the children.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 24, 2016
Yes, they work hard to build these life skills through their constant interaction with others. They help each child walk through the proper process and model positive responses.

Capitol School Of Austin 5

Posted May 24, 2016
They do an amazing job at customizing learning plans for each child so that they are able to grasp and learn each skill set. They work hard to make sure they understand what they learn and are having fun at the same time. They create a safe environment with these kids which builds self-confidence. An amazing school!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 24, 2016
Miss Amy, Mrs Sharon, Mr. Oscar and Mrs. Karen have all been instrumental in the growth and development of our son this year. He is in 2nd grade and started the year at a Kindergarten reading level. He is now at a mid-1st grade level, which is just amazing to us given his disabilities! They have led him to milestones that we never thought he would reach. They have helped show us how we can assist our son at home and have given us numerous resources and direction. They have dedicated 1:1 time in helping him with areas that he needed extra help with...They are creative and come up with fun new ways for the kids to learn. They make sure that each kid has grasped the foundation of the task before moving on...They help direct us with the next steps for our child. They understand the individualized needs of the kids. They are passionate about teaching and care deeply about each kid - which is evident - especially when our child asks to go to school every day. Their jobs are very challenging as it is even hard for parents to assist their special needs kids with learning, but they have patience and perseverance to help these kids. We are so grateful for each of them! But so very thankful that they have given us hope for a great future for our son! I can send my child to school knowing with confidence that I am handing him to teachers who will provide him the very best care and opportunity to learn and grow. THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU DO!

Capitol School Of Austin 5

Posted May 24, 2016
The Capitol School of Austin and Ms. Katie have been amazing for my son. Before CSA, my son was labeled as the "bad kid" that seemed to get lost in the cracks and dismissed in other school settings. Ms. Katie saw the my son was not a bad kid, but a frustrated child with a severe language delay and sensory processing disorder. She had been so patient with him and has thought outside the box to make sure he thrives. For the three years before CSA, my son had to be peeled off of me every day kicking and screaming because he didn't want to go to school. He is so excited to go to CSA and leaving us every morning is a non event. It's a dream for a parent with a child with separation anxiety. Ms. Katie, thank you for being so wonderful and giving my son the opportunity to thrive and rise to his full potential. You are amazing!

2011 West Koenig Lane, Austin, TX  78756
Last modified Capitol School Of Austin is a Private school that serves grades PK-4