6, 9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Hyde Park encourages out of school learning but not to the point it interferes with a students ability to participate in extra curricular activities, enjoying time with family and friends, and sleep. Hyde Park promotes a very well balanced child.

We are zoned for a top Austin public high school (LISD) but when our daughter was given the choice she opted for a smaller school with a Christian foundation that allowed her the opportunity to be involved in multiple activities (sports, clubs, fine arts) and still excel in her academics. Our entire family has been welcomed to the HP family and couldn't have asked for a smoother transition coming to a new school in 9th grade knowing no one. Our daughter says "I've come out of my shell". We admire the teachers, coaches and administrators. We look forward to our two other children attending Hyde Park High School. A neighbor recently said "my daughter hates high school but every kid does". I was afraid to share that our daughter doesn't, I didn't want to brag too much on our love for Hyde Park.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

LEAP program is one of the best programs I ever seen for helping students.

Terrific Administration. Great teachers who care about the whole child.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Absolutely! If your student has any learning difference this is the school for your student. They have a well established Learning Lab program only for students with learning differences, called LEAP (Learning Environment for Academic Progress). The LEAP staff is involved deeply with each of their students to make sure they are successful, gaining strategies needed to retain information, and becoming independent life long learners. This year they established an all school Testing Center for the students in the learning lab and for other students to make up tests in.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Leadership in a school or workplace has to come from the top down in order to be effective. That is exactly what Hyde Park has done. Mrs. Messer, the Head of School, has moved Hyde Park in a great direction and provides support, leadership and excellent communication to all administrators and teachers. Both Principals at each campus are incredible and student center. They are in the classrooms working with teachers and know all the students at the school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers here have a wide variety of experience coming from other private schools or public schools. Majority teachers have masters degrees. All teachers are certified in their content areas.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The schools focus is on the whole child and allowing the students to have a balance to their life. Homework load is around 1-2 hours max each night.

Having worked at Hyde Park High School going on 8 years, I have witnessed the changes made over the last couple years and I can truly say this is the BEST private school in Austin. This school is an incredible place for anyone interested in private education for their children or someone interested in teaching or coaching. The leadership from the top down is consistent and supportive of all faculty. Hyde Park is a school where their focus is on student's learning and serving all students, including students with learning differences. Hyde Park is a place where your student will grow within their spiritual, personal and social areas through Christian principles. The community at Hyde Park is so unique to any other campus I have been a part of. I love Hyde Park, I love what I do, I love the people I get to work with on a daily basis and I love the student's that continue to impact my life. God's presence is undeniable evident at Hyde Park on a daily basis.

I have worked for Hyde Park High School for 20 years, and both of my sons graduated from there. I feel that it is a first-rate, high quality high school and was very satisfied with my sons’ education. The reason that we choose the school in the first place was that it was a Christian school that offered a variety of excellent courses, including AP courses and electives like computer science. Providing a high-quality Christian education for our sons was important to us. As a bonus, there were many opportunities for extra-curricular and sports activities. Both sons went on to UT-Austin, where they had very successful freshman years. After my children had been at Hyde Park for a year, I realized my life would be less complicated if I worked at the same place where my children went to school and applied there. That was many years ago, and I have been working there ever since. Having seen the school as both a parent and an employee gives me a unique perspective. I feel that the school does an excellent job of servicing its students. The class sizes are small, allowing teachers to provide more attention to each student. Academic standards are kept high, but when a student struggles, the administration puts plans into effect to help them. The current superintendent and high school administration are the best that I have worked under. They are consistent, reliable, and provide good support to students and teachers. The teachers that I currently work with are enthusiastic and passionate and know their subjects well. The students in general are hard-working and cooperative. There have been some ups and downs over the twenty years that I have worked here, but through it all, Hyde Park has continued to provide a quality Christian education. The present situation is definitely an “up”, with good leadership and teachers who strive hard to help their students learn rigorous subjects.

Last modified Hyde Park Baptist High School is a Private school that serves grades 6, 9-12