Posted March 31, 2013
This is an amazing school, involved parents, amazing teachers, a GT teacher that the kids will do anything for. It all starts with an incredible leader, Jennifer Dusek who is the most dynamic educator I have ever met. We came into the district in 2nd and 5th grade and my kids were made to feel welcome from day one, they adore the school, their teacher and their friends. The class sizes are around 20 kids (which is small compared to where we came from) there is art, PE and music, every kid has an iPad - every child has an opportunity to learn and be involved - what else can a parent ask fo in a school? I am so grad we still have 3 years at this wonderful school with our youngest.

Posted March 25, 2013
We moved to Austin about a year ago (from Portland, OR) and our kids love VVE. The principal, Jennifer Dusek is honestly amazing--our name for her is "practically perfect" as she is similar to Marry Poppins from the musical. Jennifer sets an amazing tone for the school, one of learning and respecting other kids. She is a treasure. Both of our girls made the Gifted and Talented program and the GT teacher, Carol Beckley is one of those rare educators who makes learning for gifted kids challenging and fun. The parents at this school are totally involved, I take part in Pops on the Playground, which takes place once per month. This really is a great school and I highly recommend it.

Posted June 27, 2011
I am a former student from VVE. I 100% love it there. Every teacher there goes out of their way to help you and they arn't only your teachers. You start to become a family with all the extra things that school hosts for you to ge to know your fellow students a parents. I have honestly nothing negative to say about VVE. My parents moved me from north to south just to go to a better school, because I am Dyslexic and they didnt want me to be held back because of that. When I moved to that district my parents saw a change right away in the way i read and spoke. The teachers dont give up on you.

Valley View Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
I love VVE because everyone on campus is committed to meeting the needs of each individual child. There is inclusion for neuro atypical students. There is a fabulous gifted program for advanced learners and lots of programs for all the kiddos in the middle. The principal truly fosters an environment where teachers and staff work to meet the needs of each child that walks in the front door. This attitude and spirit is apparent all over the building.

Valley View Elementary School 1

Posted January 03, 2010
Overcrowded classrooms. Not enough supervision or individual attention. Safety concerns.

Posted September 16, 2009
staff is wonderful and parents are so involved. the principal at valley view is outstanding. we love this school!

Posted August 06, 2009
Valley View is an amazing school. We moved here from CA when my children were in 2nd and kinder. They transitioned beautifully to Valley View with help from the teachers and counselor. The principal is an amazine, dynamic leader. She treats every issue as if it is her greatest priority and always seems to know how to handle things appropriately.

Posted October 01, 2008
Beyond compare. There is not better place for children in Austin than Valley View. Caring teachers, an amazing principal, a librarian who encourages the love of reading in every child and a GT teacher who nurtures the love of learning in all students. You can search the nation and you won't find a better place for children.

Posted August 13, 2008
My daughter attends Valley View, and I could not be more pleased with our experiences there. Mrs. Dusek is in my opinion the most effective principal I have ever known. She is not only successful in inspiring and leading the staff, she also makes each child feel valued and loved. The teaching staff is amazing as well. This truly is a school of excellence in every way.

Posted December 06, 2007
In every way, Valley View is an exceptional school. The principal is a caring, nurturing educator who knows every student by name. The teachers are experienced, caring and they maintain high standards for their students. Our 4th grader loves to go to school - he is loved and supported by all the adults he comes in to contact with each and every day. Our 6th grade daughter was very prepared for middle school after completing her elementary education at Valley View.

Valley View Elementary School
1201 Route 360 Loop, Austin, TX  78746
Last modified Valley View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley View Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.