Burnet Middle School 4

Posted September 07, 2012
Thanks to those who posted in support of our school! We have so many wonderful students and so many hard-working and amazing teachers and staff. To label our teachers as cruel is just cruel :(. This is my 10th year and I am proud to teach here. There are many challenges and areas where we are working to improve, but please... work to be part of the solution! Advocate for your needs respectfully and don't give up until they are addressed. If you have ideas for how we can improve, please contact us and communicate! I am very optimistic about the way this year has started and I hope you are too! Have a great year wherever you are! :)

Burnet Middle School 1

Posted February 24, 2012
I went here 10 years ago and judging from the reviews, this place hasn't changed. I spent my 6th grade year here and it was so bad I blocked most of it out. The teachers were unnecessarily cruel, the place was run and felt like a prison, and the other kids hates me because I could spell. But looking back, I don't blame the kids the way the teacher review below does. Burnet is an amalgamation of the neighborhood. If we want healthier, happier kids (which I'm guessing the teachers and administration DON'T, judging from their behavior), then we have to work hard on a community level to give them hope. Like the student below says, kids here have no freedom, no hope, no happiness. It's a horrible school. If you're a parent, your kid deserves better. And if you're a teacher like the one below, please go do something that doesn't affect kids' lives.

Burnet Middle School 2

Posted August 24, 2010
Burnet middle school cares more about the dress code than they do about the students grades and test scores.

Posted March 28, 2010
burnet middle school the best school that i ever want to beacuse i have a lot of friends that i now for three years all ready so thas cool burnet is a good school i now it is .

Posted March 16, 2010
straight up i think burnet is a good school yes but there are a lot and i mean a lot of changes in my school because there are a lot of gangs still going on with all of the things that has changed and as a student i can tell even though all that has change that is not makeing us students more interressted in school it is makeing us want to drop out or skip or somthing bad that we will regrete because we r like a jail cell we have no freedom what so ever in burnet ok so thats my point oh and 1 other thing what r the parents going to do to help us kids get more freedom cause with out freedom we have nothing to depend on or no one to depend on cause we cant go to no one cause we always get lextured

Burnet Middle School 1

Posted March 11, 2010
My daughter has been bullied and harassed by packs of boys yet the teachers do very little. This school is a joke i have never seen anything like this. She will not be attending another year there parents beware!!!!!

Posted October 04, 2009
Burnet has the most dedicated employees and the best students and families.

Posted September 21, 2009
I enjoy working with the people I work with. They are wonderful staff that are always willing to help me when I need it both with other teachers and students.

Posted September 18, 2009
Ilove the teamwork, the staff truly cares for the students best interests. The teachers come early,stay late and give it there all. The administrative staff is the best you can find. Mr. Jewel rocks.

Posted September 18, 2009
Our teachers and students are great!

Burnet Middle School
8401 Hathaway Drive, Austin, TX  78757
Last modified Burnet Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burnet Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top