Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The schools reputation is bad. I did not want my child to attend this school, but we are in the school zone and could not transfer due to a freeze. My child's teachers are great. They communicate to me on how my child was doing and helped to make sure my child attended tutoring if needed. My view on most of the kids that attend this school is very poor. When I visit the school , the language is obscene and the attitude of these kids is awful. I am afraid of having my child attend another year at Burnet Middle School. Maybe with the new principal it will change. If not I will have to move into a different school zone.

I went here 6th and 7th but ended up switching schools by the end of 7th grade. Burnet teachers don't care about you there can be a handful of people who actually care but only a handful , they reward the bad students , everywhere you turn there's security and police , they don't trust you it's like if we were all delinquents , my grades went down really low and maybe your thinking that it's because we don't put effort but in reality some do! You just can't learn anything with loud classmates and rude teachers. This school is cheap , they can't re decorate they can't do anything and I still remember that everyday during lunch we would get screamed at , it was horrible if you really want your child to succeed don't bring them to burnet.

Thanks to those who posted in support of our school! We have so many wonderful students and so many hard-working and amazing teachers and staff. To label our teachers as cruel is just cruel :(. This is my 10th year and I am proud to teach here. There are many challenges and areas where we are working to improve, but please... work to be part of the solution! Advocate for your needs respectfully and don't give up until they are addressed. If you have ideas for how we can improve, please contact us and communicate! I am very optimistic about the way this year has started and I hope you are too! Have a great year wherever you are! :)

I went here 10 years ago and judging from the reviews, this place hasn't changed. I spent my 6th grade year here and it was so bad I blocked most of it out. The teachers were unnecessarily cruel, the place was run and felt like a prison, and the other kids hates me because I could spell. But looking back, I don't blame the kids the way the teacher review below does. Burnet is an amalgamation of the neighborhood. If we want healthier, happier kids (which I'm guessing the teachers and administration DON'T, judging from their behavior), then we have to work hard on a community level to give them hope. Like the student below says, kids here have no freedom, no hope, no happiness. It's a horrible school. If you're a parent, your kid deserves better. And if you're a teacher like the one below, please go do something that doesn't affect kids' lives.

Burnet middle school cares more about the dress code than they do about the students grades and test scores.

burnet middle school the best school that i ever want to beacuse i have a lot of friends that i now for three years all ready so thas cool burnet is a good school i now it is .

straight up i think burnet is a good school yes but there are a lot and i mean a lot of changes in my school because there are a lot of gangs still going on with all of the things that has changed and as a student i can tell even though all that has change that is not makeing us students more interressted in school it is makeing us want to drop out or skip or somthing bad that we will regrete because we r like a jail cell we have no freedom what so ever in burnet ok so thats my point oh and 1 other thing what r the parents going to do to help us kids get more freedom cause with out freedom we have nothing to depend on or no one to depend on cause we cant go to no one cause we always get lextured

My daughter has been bullied and harassed by packs of boys yet the teachers do very little. This school is a joke i have never seen anything like this. She will not be attending another year there parents beware!!!!!

Burnet has the most dedicated employees and the best students and families.

I enjoy working with the people I work with. They are wonderful staff that are always willing to help me when I need it both with other teachers and students.

Last modified Burnet Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.