Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Our daughters have attended Dawson for 2 years and have had an incredibly positive experience. Their teachers have been stellar in their commitment to education and their empathy. I want to give a special shout out to Mrs. O’Dwyer who quickly teamed up with our smart and wild daughter to proudly conquer the kindergarten curriculum. Previous to Dawson she attended a nearby montessori that decided that our daughter’s spirit was outside the bounds of what they were trained to handle. Dawson’s administration also shines. Mrs. Yedele, the principal, is shockingly down-to-earth and understanding. She is always available for a chat and bends over backwards to help students and parents. Finally, I’m grateful for the diverse friends my kids are making. It’s an important time to understand the experiences of others and Dawson gives this to its students and teachers for free. Thank you Dawson!

Dawson is AWESOME! This tight-knit community of faculty and staff members goes above and beyond to ensure the success of every student in every classroom, every day. The variety of programs offered and initiatives in which the school participates facilitates a well-rounded, yet targeted education that meets the needs of the diverse populations of students in attendance. The Dual-Language program has been successfully implemented from Pre-K through 5th grade, with the Two-Way Immersion model present in classrooms up through 4th grade. Additionally, Dawson teachers support bilingual special-education students, many of whom are received from other AISD campuses that do not offer these specialized services. Dawson also houses a Life Skills Unit (with one English and one Bilingual classroom) that similarly aids in serving students from neighboring campuses that do not have a Life Skills program. What more can I say? SO MUCH MORE! Instead, I encourage you to stop by and find out for yourself! School tours are offered upon request and will not disappoint. Call the office directly for more information at 512-414-2070. To put it in a nutshell, I wouldn't send my child to any school other than Dawson. You can't beat AWESOME!

Develops character: Strongly agree

The children in my daughters class are lovely and we regularly have them to parties etc. I also enjoy knowing their parents and watching the kids grow up together. I really think that a mix of great parents and great teachers makes this a really successful bunch of kids!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My daughter (and her father and I) have loved every teacher we've had there. They are great with the kids and mix a good amount of discipline with love and kindness.

My daughter has gone to PreK, K, and now first grade at Dawson! This is just a fantastic neighborhood school! If you are anywhere in the area and are looking for a great community school with a strong dual language program this is your place! Lots of school events and great teachers and principal!

Dawson is awesome! Our daughter who is on the Autism Spectrum is enrolled in PPDC and participates in Pre-K throughout her day. She absolutely loves this school. She had previously been in care before but she never happily ran to her old classroom like she does here. Her transition to full time ppcd/pre-k was amazing, after her first day she was so excited to come to school. Over the weekend she talks about how much she loves her teachers and friends all day. She comes home with a new art/craft every day and I am always thrilled to see photos of what she does during the school day on the Dawson Facebook page. You can really tell that the administration and teachers put a great deal of effort into making sure that there are opportunities for parents to be involved in events as well. Our daughter came to school with an maximum utterance length of 2 words and used mostly scripted language but has had incredible progress with her language (MU is now 6) and her level of engagement with peers. This is really due to the diligent efforts of her teachers, the staff and her AISD provided speech and language pathologist. They have all worked incredibly hard to make sure that her needs are met and that she is having fun while she is learning. She is very lucky to have a small class size and such caring teachers. Her teachers really work to incorporate her love of music, reading and art into her learning. Her teachers are always incredibly responsive to any inquiries that we have about our daughters day/ progress. Although we have our formal ARD meetings at specified times we are constantly in contact with them about the progress she is making and how we can tailor her learning to her changing needs. The school has also been incredibly helpful in working with her off campus/ private slp's to coordinate her care/ goals. I am so incredibly grateful for the ppcd/pre-k teachers, and the staff at Dawson. I wish I would have known about Dawson earlier as I would have definitely enrolled her in pk3! I could not imagine a more nurturing learning environment for our daughter. Pro's Amazing staff Small Class sizes They do have a Clubhouse Cadets (a daycare for young children 6wks +) on site which is incredibly convenient. Con's None- Dawson is awesome!

Dawson Elementary School serves as a educational champion for every single child. It is dedicated to educating the the entire child, and prides itself as being a "No Place for Hate" campus. Families are gifted with a robust menu of innovative, educational, social, and physical options - all of which serve to nurture a safe, secure, and equitable environment of equality. The community of families we are blessed to know - as a result of this school treasure - is beyond what this MommyDaddy could have imagined. An added bonus is the vast amount of brain power coupled with the caring, kind, and hands-on teachers and administrators. Dawson is a godsend in our lives. ~ #AISDProud #NevadasMom

Dawson is truly a school for everyone! I've found the community-- both parent and faculty to be open, supportive and inclusive. My child is excited to go to school and eager to participate in all the extra events and experiences provided. The principal, faculty and staff work so well together - and I truly believe they would do anything for our kids. Love the PTA as well. Good things happening here!

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

ABSOLUTELY! In fact, this is one of the great and special things about Dawson. The resources here to serve those students with learning disabilities is amazing. And, the culture is about including everyone. All means all at Dawson.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Tania Jedele is a wonderful principal. In fact, one of the reasons that reinforced my choice about Dawson was that the faculty I spoke with at Dawson mentioned how much they appreciated the leadership AND the partnership of their coworkers.

Last modified Dawson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.