Posted August 19, 2013
Mathews Elementary is a small, very diverse public school with very active and involved group of parents, teachers, and administrators. The teachers are invested in the education and well being of their students. I Love this school!

Posted August 13, 2013
We moved into the UT family housing when my daughter was going to enter kindergarten. We couldn't have asked for a better neighborhood school. She absolutely loved it and thrived in the environment. Though we have had to move out of state, my daughter still mentions how much she misses her friends and teachers there. If we are ever going to be in Austin again, Mathews will be our priority school.

Posted July 17, 2013
As a former student of Mathews, I can honestly going to this school was one of the best educational experiences of my life. Not only did it help me grow academically but socially as well. I made some of my best friends in the world there. The teachers are invested in the education and well being of their students and the staff members are always willing to help with any problem. The school has one of the most diverse student bodies you will see at an elementary school. Every student is given the experience of taking part in Cultural Festivals and sponsored nights like Science NIght and a Sock Hop! Overall this school allowed me to grow as a person while getting an education that exceeds all others.

Posted January 22, 2012
I went to Mathews from Pre-K through 6th Grade, and it was the best experience for my childhood. I loved every single teacher and had a great group of friends. There is no finer staff that can be found, here they teach kids from all around. I am currently a Sophomore at UT and I plan on staying in Austin when I have children and I am sending them to Mathews.

Posted October 29, 2011
i love this school it has wonderful staff members and everyone knows each other. most of the kids are nice and you get to have a great experience as you go through the grades. i wish everybody could go there and learn lots of things.

Posted July 09, 2011
This is an amazing school! The staff is so supportive and helpful! With their support, my son blossomed into a happy kid who actually cared about his grades! I wish they offered 7th and 8th grade too!

Posted October 12, 2010
Celebrates diversity and therefore everybody feels welcomed and proud of who they are and their origin. An exemplary school, it thrives encouraging great parent involvement as well as community support. Many of us moved to the area to remain in Mathews.

Posted October 29, 2009
Mathews Elementary is a small, very diverse public school with a very active and involved group of parents, teachers and administrators. More that half of the students come from economically disadvantaged homes and 10 percent are considered homeless. We also have many international students whose parents are attending graduate school at UT. There are around 20 different languages spoken by the diverse student body. The teacher turn around is extremely low because everyone loves the school so much, it is a fabulous place to work. It feels like one big family. One parent said that every time she walks into the school it is like receiving a big hug and I think that sums it up pretty well. The icing on the cake is that we are so academically strong, we are ranked exemplary.

Posted October 29, 2009
This is the best neighborhood school ever! A great principal and great teachers really make a difference. I wish every child had the opportunity to go to a school like Mathews!

Posted October 29, 2009
Mathews Elementary is a wonderfully diverse and dedicated school with incredible community support. We feel so lucky that our children attend such an amazing school and are so happy as parents to be involved in our community.

Mathews Elementary School
906 West Lynn Street, Austin, TX  78703
Last modified Mathews Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mathews Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top