Bad
Good

Posted November 17, 2014
We just started kindergarten at OHE this fall, and it has been a fantastic experience. My daughter comes home everyday talking about school, her teachers, and her friends. She has been academically challenged (her teacher did a great job leveling her so she is learning at the rt level), and is having a great time learning new things and meeting new friends.

Posted October 21, 2013
At first I didn't know if I should enroll my child in a private school or public. I am so glad we chose OHE. The teacher's are exceptional, caring, and offer great tips and extra work. The class ratios have been lower than required. Parent involvement is through the roof. There are so many free clubs, extra activities and events because parents volunteer their time and talent. I am proud to be an OHE parent and couldn't be more pleased with the education my child is receiving.

Posted August 02, 2013
Our daughter just finished her first year at Oak Hill in the dual language program. We found her teachers to be perceptive, nurturing, and focused on their curriculum. The parent support from the community is excellent, as is turnout as school events like global culture night and the fundraising carnival. We are pleased with our experiences to date.

Posted August 02, 2013
My kids love this school. The teachers are great and the parent involvement is one of the largest in the area. We love that kindergarten has it's own building.

Posted August 02, 2013
OHE is an excellent school with wonderful and progressive leadership. We are happy that the Dual Language program is in place!

Posted August 01, 2013
My daughter is going into 1st grade after having a seamless and great kindergarten year in the dual language program. A lot of thought went into deciding whether to send her to Oak Hill, and I am confident we made the right decision. The school population is diverse and the parent involvement and support is OUTSTANDING. We are lucky to have so many parents volunteering their time for the kids, teachers and community. It is wonderful to always feel welcome in the school. We love it, and my 4 -year old is so excited to be a student there next year since she has been to so many of the community events the school has sponsored!

Posted April 11, 2013
We were thinking of sending our child to a private school, but really, why, when this excellent school is right here under our noses! I cannot think of a better place for our child. The school is safe, with amazing teachers, creative teaching (at least in the lower grades, before testing begins). My child came from a Montessori environment and continues to be challenged and curious at Oak Hill Elementary. Specifically, she is learning and using new vocabulary words every week, she gets to watch chicks incubate and hatch, she is excited about math, she plays in the park-like playground, and is loved by her teachers. What more could you ask for? I am almost scared to see what happens in the older grades when testing starts and ruins the creative process of teaching, but for now, it's great!

Posted March 01, 2013
Very very impressed! My child's daycare was top notch, and she walked into Oak Hill kindergarten reading. On day 3 she was already tested and the teacher stated the goal is to have my child one grade level above her starting point. WoW! she is already there and we are pushing ahead. Go ahead take the private school tours, we were planning to go private, but ask yourself are you impressed with the building or the teaching team? Life lessons of ethics, self-discipline, and tolerance are taught daily at OHE in an enviroment that is fun and exciting. You do not need to write a tuition check to get a great education in Oak Hill! PS: bus service is a wonderful, on time, so you are at work on time.

Posted September 13, 2012
My sons love this school. My oldest just started 5th grade and has been at OHE since Kinder. The faculty and administration care about the students. They strive to teach each child at his/her level. At OHE, it is about the student! The parent involvement is phenomenal and the OHE PTA was ranked in the top 6 PTAs in AISD last year. That is amazing. They do amazing things to help all of our students and faculty. Not only are there many opportunities for children during the school hours, the after school programs are great: Lego Robotics, Choir, Volleyball, Gardening Club, Mad Science, Sports and much, much more! Love this school!

Oak Hill Elementary School 3

Posted December 08, 2011
Wow...after reading reviews from 2004, I want to know when are they going to start handling their communication issues because all those issues that are in the negative reviews are the same issues I have been dealing with also! Some of the teachers I have come across are good but, like others have said, if your child is "normal" or a "cookie cutter" version of a child this school seriously can't do much for them. Most parents look for excellence - not mediocrity. The school, teachers, staff, etc. needs to step up and "soar to excellence", themselves.

Oak Hill Elementary School
6101 Patton Ranch Road, Austin, TX  78735
Last modified Oak Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.