Pecan Springs Elementary School 2

Posted May 27, 2011
The teachers and staff were nice, however my son was not getting the education that he should have been getting. He never brought home homework. What he did bring home were just pictures he colored rather than proof that he was learning the alphabet. He is going to a different school now and is reading books to me now!

Pecan Springs Elementary School 5

Posted May 26, 2011
this is a okay school kids and parents are great helpers thery sometimes get in the big office but not all the time.

Pecan Springs Elementary School 1

Posted December 15, 2010
My son has been bullied, covered in paint, spit on, called horrible rascist names and NOTHING has ever been done about it. He is NOT getting the education he needs and he hates going to school at the age of 8yrs old. The school has continued to decline since I bought my house 6yrs ago. I thought it would get better, but I have been sorely mistaken. Recently when my son was bullied, the other child covered him in exterior green paint, and got it in his eyes, destroyed his clothes, I had to shave his head, and he still has a scar on his face. The principle did nothing. Acted as though it was an inconvenience to her. I have been a member of the PTA, I have coordinated health coaching and classes on eating on a budget, I have tried desperately to receive some sort of respect at that school and what I have since realized, is that this school does not care about the education or the safety of the children that attend.

Pecan Springs Elementary School 5

Posted September 21, 2009
This is our second year at Pecan Springs - I am very impressed, once again, at the dedication of the teachers and office staff (wonderful principal)! Keep up the good work!

Pecan Springs Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
My wife is a second year teacher in 5th grade. It is a pretty rough school on the east side of Austin TX But here students are great.. Her students are willing to learn and they try hard at what they do... The school it self is not that great but the teachers and the students are excellent.....

Pecan Springs Elementary School 4

Posted January 30, 2008
I work with the after school program at Pecan Springs, and I have seen nothing but great things happening here. I have worked at six different schools in Austin and I would have to say that the children I have encountered at Pecan Springs are more well behaved and educated than any I've worked with.

Pecan Springs Elementary School 2

Posted August 08, 2007
I know since the new principal arrived there has been some change but not much. And I also feel that we have forgotten about our children learning the basics, reading, writing and arithematic. As far a blaming the teachers, yes i do but only for the time that they have my child and are teaching them in this school. Don't get me wrong there are some great teachers at this school but also some not so great.

Pecan Springs Elementary School 1

Posted November 01, 2005
Pecan Springs is a very unorganized school where the kids run wild and their is no disclipline over their. The kids aren't learning over their due to the displinary problems and poor teaching over their. We as parents just recently got our son from over their so he ca be in a better learning enviroment. I hope they do something to improve Pecan Springs because it is ashame of the problems over their. I am pretty sure if the school was on the west side of town the problems over their would of been solved by now.

Pecan Springs Elementary School 3

Posted February 11, 2005
They needed to focus on more of the cirriculum than all those fundraisers. Help our kids pass the TAKS and worry about fundraisers later.

Pecan Springs Elementary School 3

Posted May 17, 2004
- a staff
As a previous parent, I was very satisfied with the learning environment and with the staff of this school. Later, that feeling provided partial reasoning for accepting a position of employment at Pecan Springs, and has kept me here in hopes of that feeling returning to what is now a stressful environment for all involved. Not everyone will be 100 percent satisfied in any situation, but to blindly place all the blame on teachers/staff is wrong. Children now come to school with more personal baggage and diffuculties, and challenging negative behaviors than ever before. Multiply that times 20 and imagine the kind of day teachers and other students deal with! I challenge each and every parent who makes a negative comment on this site or in person about Pecan Springs, but does nothing to remedy the problems they speak of, to get off their blaming, indolent complaints, and become responsible participants in a solution!

Pecan Springs Elementary School
3100 Rogge Lane, Austin, TX  78723
Last modified Pecan Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pecan Springs Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.