Austin, TX

Posted December 18, 2014
Our son has a Learning Disability and we have struggled finding him a school that would 1.) not just say he does not have an issue when he has been tested by everyone many times and clearly has some issues and 2.) does not just pass him along. We started our search again and found St Louis school in Austin. We have been so blessed to find the school. The teaching staff is very good about emailing parents and keeping us informed with upcoming things and homework. Specifically to our student, the LD teacher Mrs Pickerill is amazing and does an outstanding job with our student. We could not have asked for a better teacher for him and dealing with his LD. We are so thankful for her and the school in general. Even if our student did not have an LD, St. Louis would be a very good fit for him and our family. If you are looking for a school home and also want to have the "family" feel and more of a community feel, St. Louis is for you. It is hard finding a school to help with our son and his LD, but we feel we have finally found it. What a blessing.

Posted March 26, 2014
I have three sons who attend St. Louis School. My oldest is in 8th grade & has been there since Kindergarten. I have another in 5th who has been there since Pre-K, and my youngest is in Pre-K. I strongly recommend St. Louis! If you want a place to drop your child and have NO involvement in their education, then this is NOT the school for you. If you want to part of a community of parents, teachers, students & church, then this is the place for you. At St. Louis, people know and love your child. The teachers are wonderful and know your child s strengths and weaknesses. Of particular note is the outstanding principal, who was a teacher there before being promoted to Principal. I can t say enough about the guidance counselor. She knows and loves the kids and is a tremendous support to them and their families. She is an advocate for your child. The athletic director is one of the best role models you can find. The kids & parents love him. St. Louis is a gem in central Austin. It s been there for over 50 years. Your child will receive a quality, faith-based education, where they will learn self-discipline, respect for others, and a love for learning.

Posted March 19, 2014
The school has been good to us and has taught my children well. A solid education and Catholic teaching which is important to us. There is a lack of getting parents involved and getting to know one another. Most long time parents do not engage with new parents they stick to who they know and what is comfortable. Overall our children are happy and feel happy and safe at St. Louis.

Posted February 15, 2014
We enrolled our 7th grade son and 5th grade daughter to St. Louis after being at another catholic school for 8 years. It was extremely difficult for us as a family to leave our old school we love and treasure. However we felt our kids needed more interaction with more students and a larger environment to be in than where we were at. My children felt very comfortable from the start. The office staff is welcoming, knowledgeable and understood how we felt as parents. The faculty is just the same. The communication is great, not just from the administration but from the faculty as well. We know what's happening with the education on a daily basis and feel I can contact the faculty about anything I have a concern with. Most importantly, both my son and daughter were greeted and welcomed by their fellow students. They immediately got involved in extra curricular activities and feel like they have been with their classmates for more than just this year. Both my son and daughter have expressed how happy they are at St. Louis. I see it in their efforts and attitudes and see the results in their grades. Thank you St. Louis for making this HUGE change for us go smoothly; we appreciate it!

Posted January 14, 2014
Our daughter needed a change for her 8th grade year. When we toured St. Louis, I was blown away by how welcoming and caring the teachers and students were. During the summer before she started at St. Louis, school parents we had never met scheduled a dinner of 8th grade moms and daughters to welcome us to the school. They also donated school uniform pieces from their own daughters' wardrobe for my daughter to wear. Once she started school the teachers, the principal and the front office staff, down to a person, seemed to go out of their way to make us feel welcome. At the end of the school days I ask my daughter how school was and she always says, "great!" At open house every teacher we saw had something special to say about our daughter, even though they had known her only a couple of weeks. This school lives the Gospel in the loving kindness shown by students, parents, and staff. The academics have allowed the students to produce reports on topics they are interested in, so homework is more interesting for her. We have only been at St. Louis this year, but couldn't be happier.

Posted November 18, 2013
This is our ninth year at St. Louis School, and I have to say we are still very happy with our decision. Our children are in 4th and 7th grade this year. The school is diverse, affordable and centrally located in Austin. The teachers and staff are awesome. The curriculum really steps up a notch in middle school with a great team of teachers. My children are becoming well-rounded individuals as the school not only excels in academics but offers excellent opportunities in athletics, music and art. All this and with a strong foundation in faith make it one of the best choices in town. Thank you St. Louis School!

Posted November 14, 2013
Awesome Catholic School...I have two girls in the school, and we are very happy with the school. Especially, the teachers, curriculum, and extracurricular activities! Great central location too.

Posted November 03, 2013
This is our second year at St. Louis and we are happy with the progress that our boys have made. We have one in 4th and one in 7th grade. Overall the staff is friendly and truly care about the progress of each child. The students are wonderful and were very welcoming to our boys- I believe that to be a direct reflection of the teachers, their families and the religion based education they are receiving. Academically we can really see the progress especially for our 7th grader. Although for the most part we were happy with public school, we do regret is that we did not transfer our boys sooner to St. Louis- The Chapa Family

Posted November 02, 2013
St. Louis Catholic School in Austin provides a great educational environment for elementary and middle school students. Teachers are well involved in the academic as well as spiritual formation of their students. In that manner, an integral education is provided to help students mature during an early stage of life. The low student professor ratio helps to have a one to one mentoring with teachers, which I considered are well prepared in their teaching subject. The school has excellent sport facilities and a great location, with weekly church services and religion classes.

Posted October 31, 2013
St. Louis Catholic School is a jewel in central Austin. My family has had children attending the school for over 17 years! Things that I love about the school are: the teachers, the staff, and the Catholic environment. As a parent to 4 children, I am thankful for the wonderful faculty and staff that work diligently to create an environment that is nurturing, attentive, challenging and creative. We love this school!!!

St Louis School