Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted July 16, 2015
It's probably a good amount of homework. But I wish at times it was more challenging or practical. And I wish the tests could have covered more material or that it could have tested on a more conceptual basis.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 16, 2015
Brentwood Christian only hires faculty and staff that belong to the Church of Christ. Given that restriction, the school does not receive a pool of good applicants for these jobs. I, as a former student, have had some teachers that had no previous teaching experience, and some do not have a degree in their field of teaching. I go to a competitive university now, and I believe I have been held back in some areas and wish that the academics here were more rigorous. The good that came out of this school was that it did give me a deeper longing in search of Truth and search of understanding Christianity. Thankfully, I have truly found the fullness of the Truth in college (I am still Christian). And Brentwood is a great "safe" place to discuss sociology and culture especially since American culture today is dramatically changing and we are starting to now lose our freedom of religion and speech. So if you want your student to come to this school but yet be prepared for a competitive university (such as the Ivys or one with a good name), I'd recommend that your student take college classes or work on some kind of academic project to prepare them mentally and for the rigor of such a college. Some of my high school classes here made it WAY too easy.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted July 16, 2015
I wouldn't say that this school is academically rigorous. Some of my high school classes were WAY too easy and some of the teachers do not have previous training/experience or a teaching certification.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted July 16, 2015
Yes to all of those except for the drama department. The lady who ran that department has now left the school but she had a system and always cast the same 5 actors for the big roles and chose plays fitting for those actors. Casting did not give everyone a fair chance. But she now left and who knows how this department will now be like.

Brentwood Christian School 3

Posted July 16, 2015
Some of the teachers and coaches, I believe, were not rigorous enough (a necessity to prepare one for whichever kind of college). And class size is so small that a new student has to be a certain someone to fit in and make friends. But graduating from here gave me a greater longing to delve deeper into Christianity and find the Truth.

Brentwood Christian School 3

Posted April 08, 2014
As an update on my prior review regarding bullying there is now some action happening. I applaud these efforts and wish the school success in alleviating this problem.

Posted September 07, 2013
I have a graduate and a current student at Brentwood Christian School. Even though it is tough for us to send our children to a private school, I have never regretted it. The teachers and staff truly love the students and are dedicated to teaching and being wonderful Christian role models. My children have both grown in their faith and developed talents we never dreamed they would. The academics are rigorous, and the fine arts and athletic programs offer the students so many opportunities. Children don't have to be natural stars to participate either, giving them the opportunity to learn and grow. We love Brentwood!

Posted August 26, 2013
my school is awesome its the best!!! ~peyton your favorite 6th grader i love it-

Brentwood Christian School 1

Posted July 22, 2013
We paid $700 ($125 app fee, $225 enrollment fee) in Feb.for our 2 children to apply to BCS. We asked about the process and were never given a clear answer as to when we would know if we got in and what our chances of getting in were. In April, I was told there were no spots for my children. The $225 enrollment fee is only refunded if your child is not offered a spot. However, they have until the first day of school to offer you a spot and if you turn it down they can keep the entire enrollment fee. In June I was told there were no spots available so I let them know I would need to enroll my kids in a different school. In July, they called and said they had created spots for my children and would now be keeping the enrollment fee for both kids (again, this is after they knew that we had enrolled them in another school). BCS did not have to do a single thing with our applications (no checking references, no ordering school records) and yet they get to keep $700? The entire process left a bad taste in our mouths. At this point I feel like we are lucky we did not entrust them to educate our children. I advise future families to use great caution when applying to BCS.

Posted July 28, 2012
Best school! Putting my child in a private school is financially challenged, but will not exchange it! My son started at BCS since Pre-K and and the teachers and staff care about the students. The Christian faith and their mission is exemplified on the way teaching kids and the way they discipline. Its a college prep school, academically expectation is very high and my husband and I loved it!

11908 N Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX  78753
Last modified Brentwood Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Brentwood Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top