Posted April 07, 2014
I am a teacher at Veritas Christian Academy. Prior to coming to Veritas I spent 3 years in public education. There are many things that make Veritas stand out among other Christian schools in the area and excel far beyond public education. There are several things that make Veritas exceptional: 1. The teachers love the children and the families. 2. The students are emerged into a learning environment that is loving and encouraging. 3. Biblical integration is emerged throughout all content areas. 4. Parent involvement and communication is invited and welcomed to enhance the learning experience of the students. 5. Veritas is like a family 6. The head of school listens to parents concerns, answers questions and ensures that the education of the child is a, "team effort". I unfortunately have to leave the school this year due to re-location across the state but if I could I would teach at this school forever and I would want MY children going to this school. As a teacher who sees what goes on behind closed doors, that is saying a lot. God is with this school and has great plans to build His kingdom through Veritas.

Posted March 31, 2014
This is to update our review from 2007. Our first daughter is finishing this spring. She has 4 private high school acceptances, a spot at HSPVA and qualified for acceptance to Carnegie. Okay, so she was only "wait listed" at St John's, but hey, we aren't complaining. And, yes, her sisters attend too.

Posted February 07, 2013
Veritas is a challenging, nurturing, truly Christian little school. I discovered it last year and can't believe it's not HUGE by now! It is a special place. There is a special spirit here, a sense of God's presence, and the teachers here are people I'd want as my own friends. We tried 2 other nominally Christian preschools before this one and finally found Veritas for our 3rd child. She has had a fantastic first school experience, with plenty of hands-on play time as well as real learning: French, the continents, many states and capitols, and all of Psalm 23 and the Lord's prayer. Everyone knows her by name, including all the folks in charge of pick-up. She loves weekly chapel and has also started to lead prayers at bedtime. We are now considering Veritas for our middle schooler since it provides not only Classical courses, small classes, music and athletics, but also Bible and Logic, 2 excellent tools for surviving modern culture. Tuition isn't cheap for a middle class family, but the sacrifice is worth it. Don't be fooled by the plain exterior - great things are happening in this little place!

Veritas Christian Academy of Houston 3

Posted November 08, 2012
I can honestly say that our child is learning. I recently attended a Chili cook off at Veritas in October and I want to be honest that eventhough they appear to be friendly you still feel a little unwelcomed. I don't want to say they are clicks but there are certain groups of people that congregate to themselves I should say. A friend recommended Veritas to our family we contemplated selecting another school at first. We chose this school because of the student diversity and the strong academic curriculum. I know some have had great experiences but our experience has been different. I cannot say that we will enroll our children at Veritas next year but we will continue to see if there is any improvement later in the school year!!!! This is my constructive opinion about the school, I really don't see any difference in this school than any other public school.

Posted November 08, 2012
we have two children at veritas this year--our youngest is in the prek3 class and loves it! the teachers are loving and intentional. the classical christian education model is consistently and solidly in place here and it is a blessing to our children and our family. i am excited to be involved in the growth and future of this school!

Posted November 08, 2012
I am sad to read that an expereince has not been good at the school for some. I hope that you will take the time to talk with Administration or your child(ren)'s teacher to give feedback so that they have an opportunity to work with you to help meet your needs and or address your concerns. Amos 3:3 Do two walk together, unless they have agreed to meet? Ephesians 4:15-16 15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. 16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

Posted November 06, 2012
We transferred to Veritas three years ago and it has been great. We wish we had found it sooner. The Christian foundation is atellar, the academic program is challenging, and the fine arts program is excellent. There are no cliques, and bullying is not tolerated whatsoever. The students in each class all seem to be great friends with each other. It's wonderful that there is no "teaching to the test" here and the students still perform significantly above national levels.

Posted November 05, 2012
As a new parent to the school I feel that our teacher done a great job with our kids. My child is in the PreK-3 class and I must say I have had an awesome experience thus far. She comes home teaching her dolls all the new and wonderful things she has learned at school. I love the schools equal commitment to The Word of God and to educating our children which are very important for me.

Posted November 05, 2012
We LOVE this school. We heard about Veritas from some people at our church, and the first two parents of Veritas kids we talked to literally cried when describing how much they loved the school. Our kids (Pre-K and First Grade) are zoned to one of the top-ranked public schools in the state, but we wanted them to be in an environment where the Christian worldview is reinforced. That is definitely a priority at Veritas, but what differentiates the school from any other that I have seen is that the teacher and administrators actually love the kids. It feels like a big extended family. The teachers are outstanding and the parent involvement is off the charts. Our kids love the school and miss it during the summer. The older kids are very very sweet to the younger kids and watch out for them like older siblings. The academics are very challenging, but this is what we wanted for our kids, and it is all in the context of a very loving, nurturing Christian environment. I cannot imagine a better place for my kids to be.

Posted March 11, 2011
We came to Veritas 4 years ago from another Christian school in the Houston area. We chose it because of its location, reputation and our research revealed that they did not just teach students Christian education, but in addition, challenged them to live it. Our children have experienced all of the above great attributes of Veritas and more. They thrive academically and continue to grow spiritually under the great leadership of the headmistress and her staff who partner with parents and children to bring out the best in each student. I have witnessed at Veritas something that is very rare-- the teachers' sacrificial giving of themselves on a daily basis.

Veritas Christian Academy of Houston
7000 Ferris Street, Bellaire, TX  77401
Last modified Veritas Christian Academy of Houston is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Veritas Christian Academy of Houston Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top