Blue Ridge, TX

Posted May 08, 2014
A while back a principal we loved left. She was very compassionate and knew all the kids by their first name. While I do miss her, I feel the new principal has done a very good job. Many of the parents are upset because accountability came along with this principal. Accountability with their kids and their own actions. This principal is not as friendly but I would rather have a more professional principal than a "friend" who allows mothers to do as which then leads to their children doing as they please. There is more direction also and that is very important. There are a few teachers that we could spare, but for the most part the teachers are great!!

Blue Ridge Elementary School 5

Posted May 18, 2012
My children attend the elementary school and I'm glad to see some changes being made. I've always been concerned about the teachers using current strategies and have wondered if the right training is given to the teachers here. I was just unsure who to talk to, but things are better this year. My kids come home singing songs about different things they've learned and one of them is always checking her teacher's blog to type answers on. It seems like the new principal is really on top of things. I don't really know how to describe it, but there's just a more professional feel. I can tell things are changing for the good. That makes me feel a lot better.

Blue Ridge Elementary School 5

Posted May 05, 2012
New administration at this school and so many things are changing for the positive! An earlier post said "new teachers" but actually there is only one new teacher this year and she's awesome! Actually, all the staff is. The principals are always open and inviting and take parental concerns very serious. I can't help but notice the raised academic expectations too. I'm very pleased with the changes for my kids' sake! If you're considering moving to this area you won't regret it as far as the schools concerned! Now, the community is a little different story. Sometimes it feels like the community hasn't progressed with the times. The way some people deal with conflict is a little uncivilized. With that said there are some great people here too!

Blue Ridge Elementary School 0

Posted November 06, 2007
Blue Ridge Elementary School is 'Exemplary' for the first time ever. They have done so much to help my students. I am so proud to have my children in this school district. I am a teacher myself and I know how much work they invest in my children. This elementary campus has my full support.

Posted May 21, 2007
As a parent of 2 children in the BRISD, I have to say that overall this is a good school. We moved to Blue Ridge several years ago. Both my children attended school at the Elementary School for 2 1/2 years. We then decided to move back to the 'Big City' for better schools. That was a mistake. Yes some of the bigger school districts that have more money give the kids more 'toys' to play with (i.e. more computers, etc.); but with BRISD having such a low ratio of students to teachers the kids get more one on one. In the 'Big City' schools, my son whom was already in the GT program in BRISD - was overlooked twice for testing. Even his teachers at the time couldn't understand why. In BRISD the teachers have gone out of their way to keep my kids challenged.

Posted November 06, 2006
I have 3 kids in BRISD and we are new to this area. More importantly, I have found the teachers and administration to be more caring and personally involved then I've ever seen before. Dr. Seigrist actually played chess with my son in order to teach him a lesson about consequences. Show me a principal in a large school that would give that type of personal attention. Every district has its challenges.

Posted October 12, 2006
There are many things I could say about the schools in Blue Ridge as a parent of three children who attend BRISD. Some would would be good and there is some that would not. Unfortunately there is not a school out there that is perfect. I believe the teachers are doing the bast they can with what they are given. This Taks test stuff gets very old when your child struggles to cram all this test taking knowledge in and it seems like the only things educational wise the teachers are teaching is how to take these tests. But in turn it was the state that mandated these tests not BRISD. I will say that my children have been very blessed in the 5 years we have been in Blue Ridge I do not recall one of them coming home and saying they did not like there teachers.

Blue Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted March 19, 2006
This school is concerned abought attendance and state monitored testing above true academic excellence. The teaching style is very confusing and hard to follow, which makes it difficult to help direct children with their home studies. Most of the teachers do not entertain any new teaching practices. I have three children in the elementary, two approaching 5th grade and a younger abought to start attendance. We are currently selling our home and moving on, otherwise I belive my children will be left behind due to diplomatic and financial troubles reacking havock on the district. Also there is no true community growth. Not much here to build a future on.

Blue Ridge Elementary School
425 North Church Street, Blue Ridge, TX  75424
Last modified Blue Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blue Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top