Buda, TX

Carpenter Hill Elementary School 3

Posted May 11, 2014
This was our first year at Carpenter Hill and our first experience (kindergarten). From the outside, everything looks great. The facility is top notch. No complaints there. The school itself though is nothing special. We were expecting a lot more from the 'best' school in the district. First of all, kindergarteners do stacks of worksheets and have little 'center time'. They watch TV EVERY DAY. This was shocking to us, especially because they took away morning recess after the first month. The children only go outside in the afternoon, and often they stay in for 'indoor recess.' Our child has also been fussed at for coloring outside the lines. The whole kindergarten took a trip to Sea World this spring. They asked for many parents to volunteer and I was happy to go. We carpooled and followed the buses there. Once we arrived, the children were split up into groups to explore. As we were walking around, I saw the four kindergarten teachers walking around ALONE, no children with them at all. At lunch, they sat by themselves too. They had a free day at Sea World, hardly interacting with the children at all! Teachers here are the number one priority, not the children.

Posted February 07, 2013
This is my boy s first year at CHES, one is in K and the other in 3rd. We just moved into district from a neighboring AISD school. I have heard and read great things about CHES and was excited to enroll the boys. CHES has a large/clean cafeteria and they have an all you can eat salad bar! (We were all excited about that one!) The library is HUGE and has so many great books (unlike our old school that yes, had books but were very old and falling apart). Now to the best part- the teachers. You can tell everyone WANTS to be there and ENJOYS teaching. The teachers have discovered that one of my sons has a learning disability. After speaking with his teachers we have decided to do tutoring. This is provided by a specialized teacher- 4x a wk at no charge to us parents. Not just some random teacher doing tutoring on the side- this is what she specializes in. This is HUGE For us because at the other school, his teachers solution was always to hold my son back a grade or wanted us to enroll him in tutoring ($800/Month) on weekends provided by one of the AISD teachers. In a nutshell: Amazing Teachers and beautiful facility. It s kind of unbelievable how great this school really is...

Posted August 29, 2011
My twin daughters just entered first grade at Carpenter Hill and I am more than pleased with this school. The teachers are all excellent and the children feel comfortable and at home in their school. There is a lot of school pride for a school that is only entering it's second year. I feel incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful environment for my girls to learn.

Posted November 19, 2010
This school was badly needed! They have done a wonderful job of making all the students feel at home. The teachers are great, the principal is very nice and the kids seem to very happy....Great school!

Posted September 01, 2010
Wonderful administration, wonderful teachers, wonderful families! I couldn't ask for a better place to send my children.

Carpenter Hill Elementary School
4410 Rr 967, Buda, TX  78610
Last modified Carpenter Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carpenter Hill Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top