Bad
Good

TGES is a real gem! Seriously I am glad it seems to have low ratings so it can be kept secret! Teachers have decades of experience, are loving and dedicated, classes are super small, pre k had 12 kids, kinder had 14, first had 13 and second had 13. With that few kids each child is bound to have plenty of attention and teachers don't get burnt out in the middle of the year. Music and art program are excellent, principal Cynthia Vazquez knows most kids by name and is always available to chat and touch base on how your child is doing. I can't say enough how much we have loved each of our teachers and my son has been super happy at Tom green!

Tom Green Elementary is fabulous! The administrative staff is dedicated and involved with the students. The RTI committee strives to assist struggling students to achieve their highest goals.

I absolutely love this school! I had my son transferred to Tom Green from another school in Hays county, and it was the BEST decision! I couldn't be happier! My sons PreK teacher and her aide are a gift! She and her aide have been working with my son so much, and he has made so much progress just in the 3 months he's been in school! The principal is very involved with everything that goes on and she keeps parents in the loop. The counselors are very involved with everything as well. I don't think I've ever come across a school where everyone is on the same page and the communication between teachers and staff along with keeping the parents involved has been so immaculate! I highly recommend this school! Hands down, the best school in Hays.

I absolutely loved my Son's Teacher last year. She was amazing. I love that the classes aren't huge. The Kids have the ablitiy to have some one on one with their teacher. The school is very diverse which I feel is very important.

Last modified Tom Green Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.