Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This is the worst place to send your kids. If you are at the end of your rope and you have absolutely no other option for junior highs, TRY HARDER. You DO NOT want your child getting an education here. I was a student here from the 2012-2015 school years. I will start by saying that most of the teachers are not qualified to teach their courses. They have college degrees in majors other than teaching, then take the 'teachers exam' and become teachers. There were a few good teachers at this school, but the key word is 'few'. The majority of the teachers are indifferent and incredibly rude. I knew one teacher who would make students cry for missing work and failed assignments; she would bombard them with insults on their intelligence and capacity as well as their capability to learn. I specifically remember her saying, "Your grades are a direct reflect on me as a teacher- if you fail this class then my check gets cut!" Yeah. Contrary to this, I knew teachers who wouldn't even read my work and would just put 100's in the grade book because I was a 'good student'. Because of this, I failed my geometry class terribly because I never got the adequate education in middle school. On to the administration. They're awful. The counselor is arguably one of the worst you will ever meet. Upon my visits to her, I would be sat down and encouraged to converse of my issues. After only a few paragraphs worth of speech, the counselor would suddenly find something to relate to and go on and on about her personal life- her children, her struggles in youth, her divorce. She would turn the meeting into her own personal vent session. I would say that this would prevail for around half an hour before she would realize the time and send me off to class. I would leave feeling uncared for and further alone. There is not much to say about the principal other than he is a egotistical man with the only priority being himself. Upon meeting him, you will not like him. There is a vibe to him that REEKS 'you're not worth my time'. On top of all of this, the student body is wildly out of control and extremely undisciplined. They have no respect and no care, and it's not because of their parents- its because its not expected of them in school. In conclusion, if you want your child to receive poor education, poor counciling, and come home sneering and cursing- send them to Dahlstrom. Mercy.

My daughter went to this school 2011-2013 and was bullied multiple times by the very disrespectful student body. There were plenty of students who were not bullies, but the attitude of MANY students was very confrontational and she felt extremely sad going to school every day. Some of the teachers were great, others were not able to control their classrooms which left the students not being taught properly. We were very unhappy with the experience my daughter had at this school and my son would be going here next so we sold our house and moved. Good luck to anyone who has children going here, I hope it is a much better experience.

A new year, a new leader and 300+ tranfer students from ailing Barton and Simon MIddle Schools. Class sizes are jumping to 30 students because of the transfers. I am so glad this is my kids last year in this increasingly over crowded district. The teachers at DMS are amazing, but I am not sure if they are prepared for the HUGE classes. While I realize that the kids from BMS snd SMS deserve a good education, does it have to come at the cost of my kids? I moved here for DMS, now I am moving again to a smaller district - Dripping or Wimberley- for the same reason I came here. I just hope the stressful conditions don't affect my childrens educaion this year.

Hi I am a student at Dahlstrom Middle School. DMS has the best education you can give your child. The teachers and staff stay late after school to give your child the time they need to do their best that they can do. They put their own time in to making your child succeed. I am an 8th grader and have been here all 3 years, and even though we got a new principal she try to do the best for us. I reccomend this school for anyone who wants their child to succeed! Love your fellow 8th grader J _ _ _ _ _ _ :)

I am a proud Mustang Mom! I have had multiple children go to Dahlstrom and have volunteered there for 11 years now while each of them went through school. I only have GREAT things to say about it. I know getting a new principal always shakes things up, but I have always found an open door and ear when it comes to Dr. Thurman as well as the staff. They all do an outstanding job! I wouldn't have my kids go anywhere else! GO STANGS!!

I am a student at dhalstrom middle school and I'm in 8th grade. i believe that although dr. thurmans policies are strict they are in the best interest of this school. i am a football player and compete in many other sports. as for the previous comment downsizing my school, i believe that our school is not bully free and some students are racist at times they are just retaliating from other problems. some parents think that social classes exist in school but nobodies perfect every child gets bullied. especially the popular ones. The teachers are great and overall the students are outgoing and warm to new and shunned students. please don't let a few bad reviews spoil your view of my amazing school. GO MUSTANGS oh and HIT BY A BUS for my fellow 8th graders;)

Hi I'm student at dahlstom middle school, i really like the school it makes me feel welcome. They have so much to offer as well. I love the pricipal and the vice prinipal as well. I really love this school, I've never had any bulling of any sort and never heard of someone getting bullied also. Go mustangs! :D

hated it, very racist students who d not have any respect for themselves, teachers, or the school facilities. teachers do try but students make it impossible many times reports of substitutes calling children names and very cruel ones. students take pride in public vandalism and other approve of it. very predigest . i am sorry that some people try to make it a good school while most students cannot control themselves. i am a former student. glad to have moved.

It is a new beginning for our principal so I can only base her leadership on the short few months thus far. She has a VISION of direction, following the DISTRICT POLICIES that have most always been there but not strongly enforced, putting our teachers accountable for reaching out to their students for the better as the teachers put their students accountable for themselves. Our school should be rated at the highest level and I feel she is the right leader for this job! Stirring things up a little but for the better of our students!

I have had 2 children go through this school and I find it is a warm, positive and inviting middle school. The principals know all the students and the curriculum keeps them challenged. The students seem to accept what each wants to be a part of--band, athletics, UIL competitions--without judgement and support each other. Unusual for a middle school! Mrs. Gartzke has been wonderful!

Last modified Eric Dahlstrom Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.