Eric Dahlstrom Middle School 4

Posted August 26, 2012
A new year, a new leader and 300+ tranfer students from ailing Barton and Simon MIddle Schools. Class sizes are jumping to 30 students because of the transfers. I am so glad this is my kids last year in this increasingly over crowded district. The teachers at DMS are amazing, but I am not sure if they are prepared for the HUGE classes. While I realize that the kids from BMS snd SMS deserve a good education, does it have to come at the cost of my kids? I moved here for DMS, now I am moving again to a smaller district - Dripping or Wimberley- for the same reason I came here. I just hope the stressful conditions don't affect my childrens educaion this year.

Posted April 11, 2012
Hi I am a student at Dahlstrom Middle School. DMS has the best education you can give your child. The teachers and staff stay late after school to give your child the time they need to do their best that they can do. They put their own time in to making your child succeed. I am an 8th grader and have been here all 3 years, and even though we got a new principal she try to do the best for us. I reccomend this school for anyone who wants their child to succeed! Love your fellow 8th grader J _ _ _ _ _ _ :)

Posted February 28, 2012
I am a proud Mustang Mom! I have had multiple children go to Dahlstrom and have volunteered there for 11 years now while each of them went through school. I only have GREAT things to say about it. I know getting a new principal always shakes things up, but I have always found an open door and ear when it comes to Dr. Thurman as well as the staff. They all do an outstanding job! I wouldn't have my kids go anywhere else! GO STANGS!!

Posted January 26, 2012
I am a student at dhalstrom middle school and I'm in 8th grade. i believe that although dr. thurmans policies are strict they are in the best interest of this school. i am a football player and compete in many other sports. as for the previous comment downsizing my school, i believe that our school is not bully free and some students are racist at times they are just retaliating from other problems. some parents think that social classes exist in school but nobodies perfect every child gets bullied. especially the popular ones. The teachers are great and overall the students are outgoing and warm to new and shunned students. please don't let a few bad reviews spoil your view of my amazing school. GO MUSTANGS oh and HIT BY A BUS for my fellow 8th graders;)

Posted September 14, 2011
Hi I'm student at dahlstom middle school, i really like the school it makes me feel welcome. They have so much to offer as well. I love the pricipal and the vice prinipal as well. I really love this school, I've never had any bulling of any sort and never heard of someone getting bullied also. Go mustangs! :D

Eric Dahlstrom Middle School 1

Posted January 23, 2011
hated it, very racist students who d not have any respect for themselves, teachers, or the school facilities. teachers do try but students make it impossible many times reports of substitutes calling children names and very cruel ones. students take pride in public vandalism and other approve of it. very predigest . i am sorry that some people try to make it a good school while most students cannot control themselves. i am a former student. glad to have moved.

Eric Dahlstrom Middle School 4

Posted November 01, 2010
It is a new beginning for our principal so I can only base her leadership on the short few months thus far. She has a VISION of direction, following the DISTRICT POLICIES that have most always been there but not strongly enforced, putting our teachers accountable for reaching out to their students for the better as the teachers put their students accountable for themselves. Our school should be rated at the highest level and I feel she is the right leader for this job! Stirring things up a little but for the better of our students!

Posted May 04, 2010
I have had 2 children go through this school and I find it is a warm, positive and inviting middle school. The principals know all the students and the curriculum keeps them challenged. The students seem to accept what each wants to be a part of--band, athletics, UIL competitions--without judgement and support each other. Unusual for a middle school! Mrs. Gartzke has been wonderful!

Posted April 22, 2010
Great school...they focus on your childs education! The teachers are fabulous and the learning environment is very positive.

Posted April 21, 2010
Great attention paid to students with learning disabilities.

Eric Dahlstrom Middle School
3600 Farm to Market 967, Buda, TX  78610
Last modified Eric Dahlstrom Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eric Dahlstrom Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top