Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The teachers that my son had for the 1st 3 years were awesome! Can't think of any faults. My son had a great time here at Indian Creek. Hes looking forward to another wonderful school yr ahead!

My child has been at this school for 5 years, and I can say that this is a quality elementary school with good teachers and staff. Many of the complaints on here about Indian Creek are valid, but I will say that they are very good at working with parents, within the rules of the district, to resolve issues. The new principal is a rule follower, which can be good and bad, but she is genuinely trying to improve the school and make it better. I do believe that any school will have its good and bad characteristics, but I believe that Indian Creek is a great place for my child and is preparing him for what is to come in middle school and high school. The PTA at this school is also fabulous and does a great job of providing lots of family activities for the school community, as well as support for the students. All around it has been a wonderful experience for our family and I would recommend this school to anyone moving to the area. It's a great neighborhood and a great school!

Amount of homework: Agree

Our experience with homework has varied throughout the years, but overall I feel the right amount of homework is given. It depends on the grade and nature of the topic, and also if the child is completing their work during class. Any issues I have had relating to homework have been easily addressed by discussing it with the teacher.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Teachers are not as skilled in pointing out the obvious in a child's development, as the teachers in an exemplary school.

Walked in to find out information about school programs, class sizes, and see a tour of the school and was greeted friendly. But after waiting a few minutes a woman came back to me to say the principal was out sick and the assistant principal was "too busy to help me". She handed me a piece of paper and said everything is online... enroll your daughter by visiting our website. I wouldn't enroll my daughter at this school if it was the LAST EDUCATIONAL INSTITUATION IN THE WORLD!!!! Stay away from this school and these administrators who only think our children are numbers and not people!!!!!

My child has been 3 years in this school.This year is horrible .The teacher is not organized , every month we have problems with the grades and she don't make nothing to resolve. If no attendance at school for ill and we send Dr.note, the children loss attendance anyways. The restrooms always is dirty. When has bad weather, teachers don't check if the children have jackets on. The staff is not friendly, he screaming the people in the mornings. I'm worry because the bulling don't stop on this school. We looking for another school urgent..!!!!

Indian Creek is a wonderful school. Our child has been blessed with outstanding teachers for the past 4 years. We love how the parents are encouraged to be involved. We believe that being involved in our childs education is the key to success.

This school has been inconsistent for my child. One year we are belssed with an outstanding, well qualified, loving teacher who teaches critical thinking. Then the next year, we have a screamer who isn't caring, uses negative words to try to motivate the children and only provides TAKS practice worksheets for homework. Every single night. I believe the lack of consistency results from the poor leadership. Even with all of the upgrades the school has finally received, we are not getting the education my child, and every child, deserves.

My child has been in this school the last two years and he loves the school, the teacher and the otrher kids. He has learned a lots.

I L-O-V-E this school. All of the teachers are amazing and the principal has excellent leadership. I love how they recognize the students every six weeks for their grades and attendance. I think it really encourages the kids to set a higher standard for themselves. This school has wonderful parent involvement and you can tell that is appreciated by the staff. I love both of my kids teachers, they are wonderful women. I am looking forward to several more years at this school!

Last modified Indian Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.