Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted August 22, 2016
The teachers that my son had for the 1st 3 years were awesome! Can't think of any faults. My son had a great time here at Indian Creek. Hes looking forward to another wonderful school yr ahead!

Posted April 11, 2016
My child has been at this school for 5 years, and I can say that this is a quality elementary school with good teachers and staff. Many of the complaints on here about Indian Creek are valid, but I will say that they are very good at working with parents, within the rules of the district, to resolve issues. The new principal is a rule follower, which can be good and bad, but she is genuinely trying to improve the school and make it better. I do believe that any school will have its good and bad characteristics, but I believe that Indian Creek is a great place for my child and is preparing him for what is to come in middle school and high school. The PTA at this school is also fabulous and does a great job of providing lots of family activities for the school community, as well as support for the students. All around it has been a wonderful experience for our family and I would recommend this school to anyone moving to the area. It's a great neighborhood and a great school!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 11, 2016
Too many to list. The staff and teachers at this school have had a huge impact on our child, starting at Kindergarten and on.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted April 11, 2016
Our experience with homework has varied throughout the years, but overall I feel the right amount of homework is given. It depends on the grade and nature of the topic, and also if the child is completing their work during class. Any issues I have had relating to homework have been easily addressed by discussing it with the teacher.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted August 17, 2015
Teachers are not as skilled in pointing out the obvious in a child's development, as the teachers in an exemplary school.

Indian Creek Elementary School 1

Posted September 26, 2014
Walked in to find out information about school programs, class sizes, and see a tour of the school and was greeted friendly. But after waiting a few minutes a woman came back to me to say the principal was out sick and the assistant principal was "too busy to help me". She handed me a piece of paper and said everything is online... enroll your daughter by visiting our website. I wouldn't enroll my daughter at this school if it was the LAST EDUCATIONAL INSTITUATION IN THE WORLD!!!! Stay away from this school and these administrators who only think our children are numbers and not people!!!!!

Indian Creek Elementary School 1

Posted April 25, 2013
My child has been 3 years in this school.This year is horrible .The teacher is not organized , every month we have problems with the grades and she don't make nothing to resolve. If no attendance at school for ill and we send Dr.note, the children loss attendance anyways. The restrooms always is dirty. When has bad weather, teachers don't check if the children have jackets on. The staff is not friendly, he screaming the people in the mornings. I'm worry because the bulling don't stop on this school. We looking for another school urgent..!!!!

Posted April 18, 2011
Indian Creek is a wonderful school. Our child has been blessed with outstanding teachers for the past 4 years. We love how the parents are encouraged to be involved. We believe that being involved in our childs education is the key to success.

Indian Creek Elementary School 2

Posted April 17, 2011
This school has been inconsistent for my child. One year we are belssed with an outstanding, well qualified, loving teacher who teaches critical thinking. Then the next year, we have a screamer who isn't caring, uses negative words to try to motivate the children and only provides TAKS practice worksheets for homework. Every single night. I believe the lack of consistency results from the poor leadership. Even with all of the upgrades the school has finally received, we are not getting the education my child, and every child, deserves.

Posted February 26, 2011
My child has been in this school the last two years and he loves the school, the teacher and the otrher kids. He has learned a lots.

2050 Arbor Creek Drive, Carrollton, TX  75010
Last modified Indian Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.