Prince of Peace Christian School & Early Learning Center

Private | PK-12

Living in Carrollton

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $153,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $960.

Sweep tile

Posted January 27, 2014

Really enjoy the school, students, and teachers. Couldn't be more pleased with the experience. It has been a great place for both of my kids.

Posted October 29, 2013

When my child attended Prince of Peace Christian School, the school seemed to be more focused on sports and filling lockers than what they were filling the lockers with. My child was bitten in the 5th grade and the child who bit mine NEVER got in trouble! Faith is NOT a priority at this school; they claim to be christian and so do the students, but neither act christian. If you are going to talk the talk you better be ready to walk the walk; this is the motto I believe the school needs to teach. Overall, I am very pleased that we left this school; it was not right for us. I personally would not waste my time and money sending another child here.

Posted January 7, 2013

Great staff, gifted students and amazing facilities! POPCS just won the Henderson Cup awarded to the best private school based on academics, arts, and athletics for their classification of 3A. They now have moved to 4A in the high school.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 15, 2012

Prince of Peace Christian School was a wonderful experience for my child. I truly believe that it played a huge role in the person she is today. As a parent who went to Catholic school growing up I wanted a school that was Christian but Non-Deformational for my own child. Today my children have children and Prince Of Peace is their choice. I feel so blessed that my Grandchildren will have the benefit of this wonderful Christ filled school.

Posted February 15, 2012

I love Prince of Peace! They seek for excellence and God's guidance in all they do!! They are all about the kids first!!!

Posted October 13, 2010

I went to POPCS for five years, as a non Christian. Yes, they welcome students of all faiths, but when somebody assumed I was a Christian and asked me what church I attended, I didn't feel as welcome from then on. I really enjoyed my years in elementary school and made some good friendships (the WINGS program is great, or was, when I attended with Karen James teaching) but especially towards the end of elementary school, I knew I wasn't being challenged at all. I rarely had homework and my parents and I both knew that I had to leave POPCS. The tuition is quite hefty and has increased quite a bit, which I completely disagree with considering the lack of education I received there. I know a ton of kids who left before high school or middle school because they just knew it was not challenging at all.

Posted August 19, 2010

I believe you better get your facts straight before posting (April 5, 2010 - Some of the comments...). Obviously you have NO idea what you are talking about. There are NUMEROUS students from both PCA and TCA at Ivy League Schools and many of them are there on FULL academic scholarships. Do some research and you will see for yourself. Don't talk badly about other schools if you don't have clear facts to back it up.

Posted April 5, 2010

I have two daughters who have attended POPCS since pre-school/kindergarten 6 years ago. They have been academically challenged and held accountable for their character in the most loving way. I love this school because it is a Christian school that is more ethnically diverse than most of the WASPish Christian schools in the area. They admit students who are of varying faiths, truly making the school a ministry-what a concept! The academics are top notch and the High School program is exceptional-which is why my family will be staying at POPCS until graduation.

Posted April 5, 2010

Some of the comments about the HS posted on this site are simply not true. The AP teachers have all attended multiple AP conferences and have undergone the audit that AP does for all schools offering AP. All of their courses are AP approved. A PhD teaches AP Chemistry! How is that substandard? The AP score passing rate exceeds other private schools in the area. There are NO AP/Pre-AP classes mixed with regular classes. That happened the first two years as the school was starting off, but as attendance ha grown, so have the AP and elective offerings. This school is a rising star! POP has grads at West Point, Columbia, Purdue, UT and other selective schools. I haven't seen any Ivy League schools on the list at PCA or TCA recently. More importantly, the kids have positive relationships with their teachers and peers. It's not perfect, but it's close!

Posted January 17, 2010

I have attended this school for seven years. It is a good school with not very many choices. Although growing, it is very small. Although not many sports choices, most all of the students are very athletic and have won state, nationals, and district many times. This school gives very little freedom, and freedom to make choices for the students. They favorite certain students, and are very unfair to those who have troublesome siblings.
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 5, 2009

Our family has been part of Prince of Peace Christian for three years now. I can't say enough about the quality of teachers and the amount of learning your child will do in such a safe and nuturing christian environment.

Posted October 22, 2009

Ou family has attended Prince of Peace for the last 10 years with children from the pre-school through the middle school. We continue to be blessed with teachers who are passionate about teaching, while encouraging and nurturing each of our children's different gifts. We look forward to seeing our children grow with the school and one day seeing each of them graduate from the school.

Posted September 12, 2009

My daughter has gone to POPCS for 2 years now & our experience keeps getting better! It was a difficult choice deciding on POPCS instead of Trinity Christian Academy (TCA) of Addison since I'm a TCA alum & loved my TCA experience, but I chose POPCS & do not regret it. In fact, I love POPCS! Everyone is so informed & helpful. The school is very focused on academics & social awareness/skills. They are a blue ribbon school & it shows with the rate my daughter has excelled at reading & math! I am very satisfied & happy about the school. I plan on having her graduate from POPCS.

Posted July 19, 2009

The leadership there is lacking. You get alot of 'I hear what you are saying, but we are going to do what we want anyway.' The teachers are great, but my lack of confidence in the leadership does not make up the difference. The teaching is 'in the box.' I feel that this is due to the leadership's hold on there teacher's creativity.

Posted July 9, 2009

Prince of Peace is a decent school until you get to the high school level where it becomes substandard. Many people choose to leave Prince of Peace prior to high school and money is not the sole reason. The level of work is below that of neighboring public schools. For example, the AP classes at POPCS are not true AP classes. AP students are in the regular class, doing the exact same work as the regular students with an occasional extra assignment thrown in. This is not a true AP class that challenges the students and prepares them to pass the AP exam. There are some fine teachers but some who need to act more professional, instead of playing on computers during class, texting, pontificating on personal views, etc.

Posted March 13, 2009

We're leaving Prince of Peace for a better school. Here's what I see as POP's problems: Very little lower school principal input/involvement so there's little consistency across grades. Teacher A's class will net your child a significantly different education than Teacher B's class. TONS of worksheets come home each week. Kindergarten is the exception to this fact. I'm stunned and disappointed at how little work is generated creatively. Worksheets are the epitome of unidimensional teaching. If you have a gifted child, you're out of luck because they won't alter the curriculum a bit. The gifted specialist there is wonderful, but two hours a week does not make up for the rest of the hours. Since they're using worksheets anyway, how hard is it to give the gifted kids some more challenging ones? I asked for help and got platitudes. Love the people there, dislike their lack of imagination/inspiration.

Posted March 9, 2009

My children attend POPCS. There have only been 4 senior graduating classes. The school is in a growing phase and it has been exciting. POPCS is very clear about not compromising on Christian values and teaching. Parents need to read the school info carefully if you are not interested in a christian education for your children. As far a diversity, my children are minorities and are very welcomed and loved. I have observed the same towards children with other kinds of differences, also. As far as K-prep, there has always been only one K-prep class with 17-18 students and about 4 Kinder classes with 17-18 each. My son was not recommended for K-prep.

Posted March 3, 2009

The parents and teachers make you feel very left out esp. if your not christian. not a diverse school at all. recommend K-prep for most kids (an extra year before kindergarten) almost makes you feel like there is a monetary purpose behind it all! It's an okay school, but nothing great considering that it's a private school. I would expect a lot more for the money you pay!

Posted January 7, 2009

We LOVE this school! I have 3 children at Prince of Peace and they all love to go to school everyday! I have never seen such caring teachers and such a nurturing environment. They care about my kids and my family. The parents are super involved. The kids are so well behaved and respectful of others. My kids are all well above grade level academically and I know they will be very prepared for college. This school is such a blessing to our family!

Posted December 20, 2008

This is my son's first year at Prince of Peace. After having 2 years of public school, I can confidently say the switch to POP was the right choice. It has a great balance of Christian values, academics, and parent involvement. Great school, great staff.

Asian 8% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence (2004)
  • Each grade level’s average scores on the Iowa Test of Basic Skills have been in the top ten percent for ten consecutive years

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Language learning

Foreign languages taught
  • Latin
  • Spanish

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • NLSA
  • SACS
Fax number
  • (972) 447-0877

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious