Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

My opinion would be "ineffective" because the administration they report to are obviously "ineffective" in their positions.

Amount of homework: no rating

No opinion. My daughter doesn't attend CHISD schools and the reason is due to the RATINGS!

Develops character: Neutral

I have no experience based on facts to provide an an opinion for this question. I only have hearsay comments related to me from my neighbors which can't be repeated here.

if you are considering buying a home in Cedar Hill, please check out the Cedar Hill Collegiate High School charter school which has a 9 out of 10 rating. There are also several private schools to choose from in Cedar Hill. School ratings are a predominate factor when it comes to buying a house. Please don't overlook the beauty of our city just because our school district is poorly managed! Do your own research and consider all the options available here before you make your decision. Citizens: Keep Cedar Hill beautiful and start holding our city officials accountable!!!

It is a good school. I need assistance with my son's reading and math. Also Spanish.

Parents, DO NOT take your kids to this school! I attended Cedar Hill my sophomore year. Worst highschool year of my life. Coming from a good schoool from my freshmen year my sophomore year at Cedar Hill was just a nightmare, the kids have absolutely no interest in school, they come to school to just mess around, making the teachers not even care as much. I barely learned anything, school was too easy, I didnt even get challenged AT ALL. I had straight A's but wasnt even proud of them, the school was just too easy. Im glad I went to a better school district (Richardson isd) my Junior year, now I'm getting challenged and I feel like I'm learning something.

This school is terrible that's all I have to say, not just the school but the DISTRICT as a whole. I would know because I;m a former student, I attended from elementary to high school. Why? The teachers here do not care about your education at all. They have teachers that do not teach and are just there for a check. They havent been a good district since the late 90's and early 2000's

This school is horrible. I am currently a student attending this school and am trying to find a way out. most of the students in this school are leaving for better acadamic opportunites. This district is awful.

I am currently a sophomore on a full-ride academic scholarship at a top university in Texas. I graduated from Cedar Hill High School in 2012, and I must say that I am proud of the school I graduated from. The school offers many dual credit courses, which is why I am graduating college a year early. For the most part, I feel like Cedar Hill taught me how to become an independent learner, which in turn has helped me succeed so far in college. There were several excellent teachers at this school. The school is a little ghetto because there are too many out-of district students. I took mostly AP classes, and I think they were pretty descent. Compared to the students I've met in college who attended other public schools, I'm convinced that there isn't a public high school that doesn't have its problems.

Cedar Hill High School should be avoided at all cost. The school can do "well" on State exams, but the school does nothing to encourage the students to go to colleges outside of Dallas Community Colleges. I graduated their in 2010 and from advanced classes. I had issues with a few teachers but most of the ones I had were good and challenging, although many of them would complain about the useless workshop and paperwork they would have to go through because of administration, not to mention they forced them to inforce dress code at the beginning of each class. Also, many replies on here say atlethics rule. That is not true Football and Basketball rule, everyone else is lucky for the locker rooms that they are given. Overall, go to a school in NORTH Dallas all the public schools here are not worth it. (unless you want drafted in Football.)

Last modified Cedar Hill High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.