Channelview, TX

Posted September 29, 2014
This type of private education is hard to find and I highly recommend this school. The staff there are professional and they have a heart for children. The new owners are Veterans and one of them teach ROTC at a high school. These people are very structured and very professional. Most of all they have a love for God which is handed down in their curriculum. This school is very good.

Posted February 11, 2014
My child attends PSCA. I absolutely LOVE the staff. Most of them have been there for years. The daycare that right next door is very convenient for after school care. I think the owners have only owned it for a couple of years, but everyone there is always saying how much they've done since they bought the place, so I am thankful for them. I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking for an alternative to public school.

Pecan Street Christian Academy 2

Posted September 20, 2013
My daughter goes to this school and has for 5 years now! There was a time when I would give this school a 5 star rating and a glowing review! But not anymore!!! The ownership changed and the quality went down the drain. The only reason my child is still there is because of the contract I signed, and I will not be signing another one! I will home school her before I let her spend one more year there. The owners do not care about the children. They only care about money and that is sad!!! The teachers have been instructed not to talk to parents unless the parent has an appointment but the teacher is not informed that the parent wants a conference. This is not a good place for your child!!!

Pecan Street Christian Academy 4

Posted March 14, 2012
Please don't let the surrounding neighborhood fool you. This is a wonderful school. My son started here, but I moved to another part of town. He now attends a highly rated public school, and he is much further ahead than his peers. We did have a issues initially with a teacher/assistant principal sending notes home/calling about minor things. The last call was related to my son coloring the moon yellow instead of brown as instructed - the worksheets they were using are outlined in the colors intended to use. He was a preschooler at the time, and he chose the outline color - yellow - like they had done the many worksheets prior. That is not worth calling me at work over, but we were all able to find a balance. I liked the neighboring after care for their staff, but the facilities, equipment, etc were definitely below standard. Very small student/teacher ratios. I heard about this school as 2 of my nieces attended, and they successfully transitioned to high school. My son would still be in attendance if I still resided around the area.

Posted June 10, 2011
We love this school! This is the most safe and caring environment for our child. Our student excelled in the Stanford Achievement Tests this Spring and it is thanks to the exceptional curriculum and caring, committed teachers at PSCA! We'll be back again and again because you can't compare private Christian schooling to the over crowded, pass-them-through public system. Thank God we have a choice and Thank God we have Pecan Street Christain Academy! It's a great school and a great feeling of family!

Posted May 14, 2011
This is an awesome school. The education that my children recieve is topnotch. God is definately present in this school. The teachers are amazing, and they care so much for the children they teach. The one on one teaching is wonderful unlike public schools. I don't know how any parent can be ok with classrooms as big as 32 students to one teacher. Thank God for Pecan Street Christian Academy. PSCA Parent.

Pecan Street Christian Academy 3

Posted March 13, 2011
The school has a very loving environment. The academics are strong. We moved our daughters to another private school that had a high school program. Once we moved, we realized that we had been missing out on lots of extracurricular opportunities. As an educator, I feel PSCA offers a great classical learning program for the little ones, but once they hit upper elementary, the program needs to offer more critical thinking and lateral learning opportunities. One other problem is that many of the teachers are not certified.

Posted March 06, 2010
PSCA has been wonderful. Kind & caring staff who know each child on a personnal level. I can't say enough about how impressed I am about this school. Strong academics & excellant christian values.

Pecan Street Christian Academy 4

Posted February 11, 2009

Posted April 22, 2008
PSCA is a wonderful school. My daughter has attended the school for six years. Don't let the size fool you. The school is all about academics and teaching children the love of God. PSCA is a great example of how 'good things come in small packages.'

Pecan Street Christian Academy
1215 Pecan Street, Channelview, TX  77530
Last modified Pecan Street Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Pecan Street Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top