Cibolo, TX

Posted August 27, 2013
This is our 1st year at Watts and the staff has been stupendous. My daughter is currently injured and in a wheelchair so starting school could have been quite rough. We met before school started and worked out the details for her. Her teacher Mrs. Browne has been in constant communication with me and has been very accommodating with buddies. The school has an absolutely wonderful school nurse by the name of Mrs. Bishop who has been very supportive and also stays in communication with me. My daughter is very happy and this means a great deal to her parents as this is the first time that she changed schools since K. Proud and thankful family.

Watts Elementary School 4

Posted December 13, 2012
We were at Watts during the transition in principals, but I didn't see the issues the other parent spoke about. Let's be honest, the fact that an entirely new testing system came in to the Texas schools added an amazing amount of stress to the administration, teachers, parents and - unfortunately - the students. Blame the STARR. I was happy with 2nd and 3rd grade. 4th was fine, but it was the first year of the 2 day writing test which is not an area my son excels. So, no, fourth grade wasn't a barrel of laughs but it was fine. The teachers have an amazingly small amount of say in what they do and how they do it during the testing years. I don't see how anyone can blame them for overall testing scores for a test no one in the district had ever taken before. Therefore, my issues with the school are more to do with the state legislature's ridiculous testing and the district not allowing teachers to teach because they are so worried about the test. That is the reality our children are unfortunately dealing with. Like every school, there are wonderful teachers and a few duds in the mix. We are military and there is an understanding of that world at Watts.

Watts Elementary School 2

Posted August 22, 2012
This school has really dropped their standards since the Principal left her position. Faculty and Staff seem to be floating by doing the minimum (state testing scores). This used to be a great school but just looking at the overall testing scores tell you the big picture.

Posted June 14, 2012
This school is fantastic! My granddaughter started late in the school year for Kindergarten and could not read. Now at the end of the school year my granddaughter is reading, writing, spelling, counting at level 3.

Posted August 24, 2011
I consider this school one of the best in the area. 5 years Exemplary. The Principal is the soul of the school. They have a good system of discipline and work very close with the parents. My kid needed speech therapy and he improved in his language and social skills thanks to the effort of the hole group of teachers and principal. S.C.U.C.I.S.D One of the best in San Antonio. :)

Watts Elementary School 4

Posted June 27, 2011
This is a great school. The teachers and principal are easy to work with. My children loved it and look forward to school everyday.

Posted June 27, 2011
Absolutely wonderful school...great staff and principal. My son loved going to school here! The teachers care about the kids and it shows. We're also a military family and we hated to leave Watts!

Watts Elementary School 1

Posted May 23, 2011
I do not recommend this school because of the teaching staff. They have shown a complete lack of professionalism IMO. Teachers pass out worksheets to the kids, then sit at their desks and texts on their phones. Whoever is hiring teachers there needs to start raising their standards. We chose to live in Cibolo because of the good school system. But we have been highly disappointed.

Watts Elementary School 2

Posted May 18, 2011
We have been very disappointed in this school. We are a military family and have 2 children in this school. I will say that the principal is wonderful and makes each child feel special. That being said, our experience with some of the teachers has been terrible. One of our daughters went from straight A's at our last school to possibly not passing this year. Her teacher has been completely inapproachable for her. Yet when we speak to him, he says everything is fine. We have also experienced a terrible bullying problem, at least in the 4th grade. Although our student spoke to the school counselor about it, it did not improve and has now gotten worse. If I could pull my kids out of this school right now, I would do it. This school combined with the poor educational quality of the Texas public school system make us glad we are PCSing away this summer.

Posted June 23, 2010
Although my daughter was only at Watts for less than 6 months, it felt as if we were a part of their community for years. I've never seen a school that has such a warm and caring environment and makes learning FUN. The principal, Becky Stark, is amazing...you can tell she truly cares about each and every one of the students.

Watts Elementary School
100 Deer Meadow, Cibolo, TX  78108
Last modified Watts Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Watts Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top