Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted July 25, 2016
Whenever I am in the school, the teacher is on her computer while the kids are roaming around on "group" work, or watching videos.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted July 25, 2016
A small amount of work comes home to do, but I never see a grade or find out where he is struggling. Almost impossible to help him at home, and almost impossible to get feedback from school.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted July 25, 2016
My child feels like his opinion doesn't matter. I think this is because there is too much emphasis on group work at too young an age, and his group are all friends who ignore him. It has been frustrating for him and heart breaking for me.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 25, 2016
My child was asked about involvement in an incident and he denied it. He finally "admitted" what they wanted, and they gave him the Honesty award, but he didn't do it. So basically they bullied him into lying then rewarded him for it.

Town Center Elementary School 2

Posted July 25, 2016
-No homework or any way for parent to understand progress -No feedback from teachers, principal, or counselor unless I ask repeatedly -Unresponsive faculty and staff (see above) -Appalled at lack of professionalism in teachers -"Looping" teachers with students means my child should have a sub-par teacher for two years (we are withdrawing our child from this school) -Huge emphasis on group work in 2nd grade (!) - my personal opinion is that this is too young for these students to know how to work together effectively, and in our experience it has led to some in-class (sanctioned, almost) bullying behavior. In my child's classroom, it seems like a way for the teacher to do less work, frankly. -I was the room parent and was as involved as I could be, while working part time. But I still didn't know what was going on or have any kind of good relationship with any of the faculty or staff; not for lack of trying. They were very distant. At first I was impressed that the principal seems to know each child's name. But that seems to be a way to fake engagement. Just really disappointed in our experience here the last 3 years.

Posted September 25, 2014
Agree with another parent, there are not many activity to challenge smart kids , There is no any club for younger kids. The sheet sent to home are always fundraising.

Posted May 16, 2012
Not at all satisfied with our experience at Town Center. There is little or no homework for our 2nd and 4th grade students. No spelling lists. No classwork sent home. I have to rely on generic weekly newsletters and Open House to see what is being done at school. The teachers seem to feel that the kids should be seen and not heard. Silence and rigidity strictly enforced here even if it means the entire class has to sit on concrete during 20 minutes of recess to learn that they should behave. Not our cup of tea.

Posted November 08, 2011
The school seems average, not many activities for advanced students. Some teachers do seem dry.

Town Center Elementary School 5

Posted August 25, 2010
We met the Principal Mrs. Tramel trying to understand the programs that TownCenter offers for our Twins who are attending the First Grade. We just moved from a private school in Chicago and I can clearly say that the standards of TCE are much much higher than the private school we sent our kids to. Some of the things that TCE offers are: 1. The STEM program - Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics program. Inculcating 2 engineering modules into every grade. 2. Focusing more on leadership, conflict resolution and thinking out of the box. 3. The teachers are extremely caring towards their students. Above all- Mrs. Tramel has made a big difference in TCE and during her 7-year tenure, TCE has been exemplary every year.

Town Center Elementary School 5

Posted September 02, 2009
I don't get the May 19th review. I have 2 kids in TCE and they both love the school and have had nothing but affectionate, caring teachers. In fact, I've never seen more caring teachers. The school does have high standards, but that is good. I hope that doesn't change, we need to prepare our kids for a tough world and babying them with easy work and un-earned praise will not do that.

185 North Heartz Road, Coppell, TX  75019
Last modified Town Center Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.