Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Whenever I am in the school, the teacher is on her computer while the kids are roaming around on "group" work, or watching videos.

Amount of homework: Disagree

A small amount of work comes home to do, but I never see a grade or find out where he is struggling. Almost impossible to help him at home, and almost impossible to get feedback from school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My child was asked about involvement in an incident and he denied it. He finally "admitted" what they wanted, and they gave him the Honesty award, but he didn't do it. So basically they bullied him into lying then rewarded him for it.

-No homework or any way for parent to understand progress -No feedback from teachers, principal, or counselor unless I ask repeatedly -Unresponsive faculty and staff (see above) -Appalled at lack of professionalism in teachers -"Looping" teachers with students means my child should have a sub-par teacher for two years (we are withdrawing our child from this school) -Huge emphasis on group work in 2nd grade (!) - my personal opinion is that this is too young for these students to know how to work together effectively, and in our experience it has led to some in-class (sanctioned, almost) bullying behavior. In my child's classroom, it seems like a way for the teacher to do less work, frankly. -I was the room parent and was as involved as I could be, while working part time. But I still didn't know what was going on or have any kind of good relationship with any of the faculty or staff; not for lack of trying. They were very distant. At first I was impressed that the principal seems to know each child's name. But that seems to be a way to fake engagement. Just really disappointed in our experience here the last 3 years.

Agree with another parent, there are not many activity to challenge smart kids , There is no any club for younger kids. The sheet sent to home are always fundraising.

Not at all satisfied with our experience at Town Center. There is little or no homework for our 2nd and 4th grade students. No spelling lists. No classwork sent home. I have to rely on generic weekly newsletters and Open House to see what is being done at school. The teachers seem to feel that the kids should be seen and not heard. Silence and rigidity strictly enforced here even if it means the entire class has to sit on concrete during 20 minutes of recess to learn that they should behave. Not our cup of tea.

The school seems average, not many activities for advanced students. Some teachers do seem dry.

We met the Principal Mrs. Tramel trying to understand the programs that TownCenter offers for our Twins who are attending the First Grade. We just moved from a private school in Chicago and I can clearly say that the standards of TCE are much much higher than the private school we sent our kids to. Some of the things that TCE offers are: 1. The STEM program - Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics program. Inculcating 2 engineering modules into every grade. 2. Focusing more on leadership, conflict resolution and thinking out of the box. 3. The teachers are extremely caring towards their students. Above all- Mrs. Tramel has made a big difference in TCE and during her 7-year tenure, TCE has been exemplary every year.

I don't get the May 19th review. I have 2 kids in TCE and they both love the school and have had nothing but affectionate, caring teachers. In fact, I've never seen more caring teachers. The school does have high standards, but that is good. I hope that doesn't change, we need to prepare our kids for a tough world and babying them with easy work and un-earned praise will not do that.

I just read the review posted on May 19th and have to believe this parent is new to the school system. The month of May is the craziest month of the school year. The children are looking forward to summer and the teachers are having to wrap-up their entire school year. There is so much going on in the life of the school, I would be concerned if the teachers weren't a little stressed out. My children have attented Town Center and we have lived in Coppell for 15+ years - this is a school district and community that expects high standards. Being in the of the 'best' communities to raise your children means that the schools are expected to perform at their best. Although both of my children have always felt very cared for at school, they don't expect to feel 'loved' - they get that from their family.

Last modified Town Center Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.