Copperas Cove, TX

Posted December 02, 2014
Horrible!!! So far my daughter has come home crying because the teachers has called her "stupid" ... teachers calling children stupid... seriously. You can report it... but it will not go anywhere. When parent/teacher conference comes along, I strongly suggest you have a conference with another person other than just the teacher due to the fact they will deny they talked down to you and etc. I am looking into home schooling very soon!!

Posted January 08, 2013
This is one of the better schools my kids have been in. Not the best but definitely good.

Posted July 22, 2010
my child went here for a VERY short amount of time and she was bullied and humiliated and the lunch was sometimes ROTTEN , rumors went around and made her and her only nice friend disappear , the kids are very disrespectful i would not let another child i ever loved go through the pain that she went through

Hettie Halstead Elementary School

Posted July 21, 2008
This is a WONDERFUL SCHOOL. The faclty love the students and treat them with respect. Bothof my girls go to this school and they are excelled in all their studies. Great school.

Posted May 27, 2007
This is a great school. Teachers REALLY care about their students and will take any measures to ensure their success.

Posted April 13, 2006
I love this school. My daughter is in Pre-k and she is learnign so much. I live on Fort Hood and i will keep her in this schoo.

Posted March 27, 2006
I love this school. Teachers and the rest of the staff do a great job. The cafeteria is the only thing that needs improvement.

Posted February 12, 2006
Honestly I don't have a whole lot of issues with H. Halstead, but we've only been there for PK and K. I am a little frustrated with the lack of gifted education opportunities for younger children; there are none for PK and K testing starts in January with the proragm beginning in March. The campus has some issues, though most are cosmetic. It is a little concerning that dogs are often allowed on campus (admittedly on a leash). Menus for lunch and breakfast are definately high on carbs and a bit high on sugar, but they are gretting more diverse. PE seems low on the totem pole making me wonder if they meet the required minimum for TX standards.

Posted October 24, 2005
Was not very fond of the staff at this school.They really weren't very friendly and it seemed like they had a few safety issues.

Posted November 29, 2004
My child has been attending Halstead for two years. I am extremely happy with the quality of education my child is receiving. The faculty and staff are awesome. It has a very friendly environment and my child can't wait to get up each morning to go to school. The teachers do an outstanding job in making school a positive place to be. Parents are encouraged to play a role in their children's education and are made to feel welcomed when visiting the school. Lots of extracurricular activities are available for the students to participate in as well as homework club and after school tutoring. I am glad that my child will be able to continue his education at Halstead through fourth grade.

Hettie Halstead Elementary School
910 North Main Street, Copperas Cove, TX  76522
Last modified Hettie Halstead Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hettie Halstead Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top