Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (2 responses)

Hettie Halstead Elementary School 5

Posted March 21, 2016
My son went here for Pre-K and my daughter for K. Then we moved to JL Williams zoning. After Christmas break I transformed him from JL Williams back to Halstead- smaller campus, less overwhelming- smaller classes. His teacher, Mrs. Kiser, is fantastic. The office staff is thoughtful and kind. Much more personal school. We are both much happier. (And the school makes less financial demands on parents and children).

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted March 21, 2016
Sylvia in the front office. She really cares about the children. She is not judgemental and is always kind.

Hettie Halstead Elementary School 5

Posted March 01, 2016
I like the teachers, and all the tutoring they have available. The counselor is great too, and the front desk staff is amazing. So far the girls like it here and we are at the half way point of the school year. The school itself could use some up dating and a bigger play ground. Its good :)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted March 01, 2016
Front Office (awesome job), Mr. Feathers, Mr. Jost, (woooop woop ) you two are awesome as well!! MRS. BOTTOMS (positive attitude and we super love your teaching skills) and to everyone else that I may have forgotten or might not know your names , great job!! We love that you love our girls <3 <3

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted March 01, 2016
They seem to care and want to push them in the right direction. they do all kinds of tutoring.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted March 01, 2016
Maybe once a week but need to read everyday, which I totally agree with and is very important.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted March 01, 2016
MRS. BOTTOMS is amazing with giving them all that confidence into the classes. She is good !!My daughter loves her.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted March 01, 2016
Gym coach , teachers, front desk ppl , Mr. Feathers, Principal are all out there every morning. Love it!!

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted March 01, 2016
At Williams Ledger the nurse used to call every single time one of our girls had to come see her. I wish they did that, and when we went into one of our girls meetings the assistant P. seemed as if we were a bother that we had to do a test eval, like she needed to be somewhere better. I don't know but everyone else is AWESOME!

Hettie Halstead Elementary School 1

Posted December 02, 2014
Horrible!!! So far my daughter has come home crying because the teachers has called her "stupid" ... teachers calling children stupid... seriously. You can report it... but it will not go anywhere. When parent/teacher conference comes along, I strongly suggest you have a conference with another person other than just the teacher due to the fact they will deny they talked down to you and etc. I am looking into home schooling very soon!!

910 North Main Street, Copperas Cove, TX  76522
Last modified Hettie Halstead Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.