Bad
Good

Posted July 24, 2011
My children both attend Hawk Elementary. We have been there for 4 years now. I couldn't be more pleased with the staff, campus and students/parents. Working in the school system myself, I have seen many campuses and Hawk compares to no other. We have been blessed to have such an amazing campus near our home. i wouldn't dream of leaving the area until my children finished Hawk and even then I am still not planning on leaving - the community is just terrific!

Posted March 16, 2011
My son started first grade there last fall. This has been a fantastic experience for our whole family. The environment is safe, clean and they strive to educate children by capturing their attention. An added benefit that I haven t seen from teachers in along time is they don t just see it as a job; they take their classes success in education personally. It is a great educational experience and also they reinforce social etiquette.

Posted February 11, 2011
We moved from out of state this school year. I spent countless hours researching schools for our two kids (K and 4th). I could not be more happy with Hawk. The education our kids are receiving is excellent, the teachers have been fantastic and the administration approachable and welcoming.

Posted May 04, 2010
Super friendly and welcoming staff...the Principal has endless enthusiasm and you can tell she just loves the kids and the school. Great teachers, amazing atmosphere...the list could be endless...it's an all round AWESOME school!!!

Posted October 01, 2007
My son started kindergarten at Hawk last year and is now in the first grade. Coming from a private school background, I didn't know what to expect from a public school. We are extremely pleased with the teachers and the administration! In fact, when we moved to a larger home this past spring, we made sure that we stayed in the Hawk/Crownover attendance zone! Even though that limited the number of homes to choose from, it was well worth it. We look forward to sending our daughter as well, when she's older. With all of the worries that parenthood seems to bring, it's so nice to not have to worry about the quality of your children's education!

Posted August 05, 2007
Our son started as a kindergartner the first year Hawk opened. We had a great experience the first year and our son loved the school and his teachers. We did feel a disconnect with the administration in the school, but since Susannah Obara has become our principal this year things have been even better! We couldn't ask for a better learning environment for our son and we can see the strong bond between the students and teachers every time we enter the school. We feel very fortunate to have such a remarkable school for our children to attend.

Posted May 20, 2007
My kindergartner has had a wonderful experience at Hawk this year. As a parent, I have been welcomed to visit my daughter, participate in classroom activities and volunteering. Unfortunately, we may have to move this coming year and I am extremely concerned that we will not be able to match the exceptional experience that we have gotten at Hawk. We will miss the teachers, the whole office staff and the other parents at Hawk. We will miss being a Maverick.

Posted May 08, 2006
Mildred Hawk was a new school this year and there were some kinks to be worked out at the start. However, as the year progressed I can say that I have been very happy with the school overall and the academics my son has received. I have made a point to stay involved in the classroom which always makes things better in my opinion. They had a few field trips and they went very well. I look forward to seeing how the secod year goes.

Hawk Elementary School 2

Posted April 05, 2006
Mildred M. Hawk Elementary school is a brand new school to this district that has faced the challenge of re-districting. We have a first grade student at Hawk as well as a third grader. We could not have asked for a better first grade teacher...! From assisting the students during the transition phase to helping the parents with problems areas, she has done an excellent job with communication, acceptance, and teaching. The experience with the third grade teacher, has been quite the opposite. Communication has been poor both in the classroom and between teacher/parent. She seems to be unapproachable as well as un-open to discussion at times. She is very matter of fact with parents and kids. Some of her remarks have been questionable. The school administration also seems to have the same unapproachable feeling to it. It is a nice facility and there is always hope that things will change.

Posted March 14, 2006
This is a new school, 1st year open. My 2nd grade son, loves it. It's what is called a green school. It was built next to Crownover Middle School. Both are excellent. Great neighborhoods too.

Hawk Elementary School
2300 Oakmont Drive, Corinth, TX  76210
Last modified Hawk Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.