Corpus Christi, TX

Posted March 16, 2014
My school is an exceptional place for scholars to learn and grow. I highly recommend it to anyone moving to this area. Luther Jones builds lifelong learners with an environment of success.

Posted September 09, 2013
I have two children attending Luther Jones during the past three years. The awesome, to be greatly missed principal retired this spring and while I miss her greatly, the new principal appears to be coming up to speed and genuinely cares about the school, its traditions, and the students. We have had very good to inspirational teachers - and one that I didn't personally care for - but WE worked together to make the best for my child. I've found the office staff to be professional; the counselor to professional... The PTA is ACTIVE in the school and fundraisers are just part of the deal. I'm so thankful for LJE; it's been a Wonderful experience and my children love going to school. What could be better than that?

Posted May 08, 2012
My daughter has been attending LJE for kindergarten this school year. She's learned to read and has really had a great time this year. I love this school and am renewing my lease at my very overpriced apartment complex just so she can continue to attend here. I think LJE is the best in the city.

Posted June 25, 2011
My daughters had the priviledge of attending Jones Elementary. My youngest just finished her last year at Jones. I found the teachers to be extremely motivating and caring. I felt my daughters were challenged and well prepared for middle school. The school has zero tolerance for bullying, and my daughters always felt safe going to school. I was very impressed with this school and highly recommend it to everyone.

Posted June 13, 2011
As a former student at LJE--I can honestly say that I am able to look back on my experience at this wonderful establishment with pride. Included in the school are specific classes geared towards more rigorous learning for those students who perhaps learn at a faster pace and need more of a challenging atmosphere. Even as a college student, I still keep in touch with my friends from the playground--my best friends will agree with me in saying that LJE is the best way to go. They have a fantastic Special Education program that I have witnessed grow over the years--full of caring, patient, educators that their kids absolutely adore! If your child is in need of specific care or certain programs, this school's Special Education program is going to be your best choice! I can't say enough good things about this school--I have been a volunteer/observer at many elementary schools in the area and stand by my claim that the people at LJE sure know what they're doing!

Posted June 13, 2011
My child needed specific care and I found the special education program at Jones Elementary to be so very helpful and kind. The staff are great communicators and my son is consistently saying great things about his day in the classroom. The dedication that was shown both to me and my son really sealed the deal when deciding whether or not to keep him at this school--(we have changed quite a few times in the past)--needless to say, we have found our fit!

Posted June 02, 2011
Having three children, 15, 11, 10, we have been at Luther Jones for the past 11 years. Jones is a fantastic school and has helped form a solid foundation of academics for my children. In particular, my 11yr old was diagnosed with dyslexia in 1st grade, he was then placed in the special education department at Jones. Being in the care of the two specialed. teachers, he has overcome many hardships and is doing well with his education. This is his last year, he has passed and will be entering middle school. He could not have done it without the help of the teachers in the special education department. They are an asset to this school, community and the students they teach.

Posted June 02, 2011
My daughter attended LJE as a 3rd and 4th grader. The atmosphere at this amazing school is just electric! The "scholars" are encouraged to use every ounce of the day to learn and grow. The curriculum is challenging, and the supportive attitude of the staff is wonderful. Parent participation is actively sought out, and parents are treated with respect by administration and staff. One outstanding event is the student lead open house held each year. Hearing your child explain interdependence and structures and how they relate to the different curriculum areas is an experience beyond compare! I recommend this amazing school without reservation!

Posted June 02, 2011
I have been a special education teacher at Luther Jones for 11 years. I LOVE this group of dedicated and talented professionals. Each scholar is encouraged to celebrate their own unique gifts, and the teachers do everything in their power to help develop these gifts. Parents, administrators and staff work together to create an amazing learning atmosphere for the scholars. My daughter is a former Marlin, and as a parent I am thrilled with the confidence and creativity she demonstrates in her approach to learning. As a high school junior, she still makes a special effort to come and visit her beloved teachers. Please bring your child to us- we will love them and provide them with an amazing opportunity to grow and learn!

Posted May 17, 2011
Luther Jones is a gem of a school. The teachers, principals and staff are all excellent at what they do and are all very approachable. Jones welcomes parent volunteers with open arms. Perhaps the best compliment I can give to the school is that it is such a warm environment. My children wake up each morning looking forward to going to school. As a military family, we know we will move in the near future. LJE is one of the things we will miss most about Corpus Christi.

Jones Elementary School
7533 Lipes Boulevard, Corpus Christi, TX  78413
Last modified Jones Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jones Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top