PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Very poor quality in follow through from the administration and staff. I am dissatisfied after 3 years of attendance.

My husband and I are extremely impressed with St. Pius X Catholic School in Corpus Christi, TX! We will have 4 children there and couldn't be happier with the teachers, staff, curriculum and Catholic education in a strong and safe Christian environment.

St. Pius X is a Nationally recognized Blue Ribbon School with highly dedicated teachers, and a loving Catholic environment.

My son is on his 5th year at St. Pius X, the current class size for his second grade classroom is 15 students 1 teacher. He gets pulled out twice a day for enrichment which is great. We chose to place our son at St. Pius X although a great sacrifice because he is safe, we do not worry about bullying, wasted class time, angry teachers or ill mannered children. The kids are not perfect but they will act their age, the 5th and 6th grade girls actually still look like little girls. I teach in a public school and it is scary, the behaviors of some of my 5th grade students are that of a 15 year old....not what I want to expose my 8 year old to. Love this school, did I mention that they do not teach to a standardized test, they teach to gain knowledge. Go figure!

I can only share my experience that occured: I had to transfer my child out of this school during the school year due to an unresolved situation where the children were not being very nice with my child. My child would come home crying. My child was an honor student there; however, when I tranfered my child to a public school, my child scored under a 50 on the TAKS test in Math. My child has been tutored since then and is now catching up with math academics. My child scored very well in the Reading TAKS test, but I attribute that to having books exposed to my child since my child was 6 months old. They have a wonderful religious ed program (5 stars).

Great academics. Very advanced compared to most public elementary schools. Safe and nuturing environment. Great Catholic values promoted. Perfect size. Happy kids in a protected environment.

Last modified St Pius X Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6