PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Most Precious Blood Catholic School
Grateful to: Staff member

Posted February 03, 2016
The school receptionist is awesome. She's a very nice, sweet lady. She's the only one who I felt really cared about my son.

Posted February 03, 2016
I agree with the bullying statement below. I feel like if they have problems with a child, they just decide to not even attempt to work with them. My son started school a week after classes started & from that moment on, his father & I were continuously told that he was behind & that there was no way for him to ever catch up. His teacher told me on a few occasions that I should consider transferring him to public school where they could focus on him more & lighten his work load. Excuse me? Exactly how is that better? Over all, I had such high hopes for my son at this school & they didn't do anything at all. He had been in public school previously & he had done very well, up until I enrolled him at MPB. Fyi, this school has NO counselors! There's no one they can send your child to to talk to if the teacher has a problem with them or their behavior. It was my impression that both the principal & his teacher were implying that my son needed special education simply because he could not focus on his school work. I'm so glad I won't have to be wasting anymore money on tuition or their "mandatory" fundraising fee of an additional $300.

Posted January 29, 2015
I give no stars! I agree with all the other bad reviews as well. This school will treat your child as an outsider and bully them if they feel they are different. My child has minor ADHD, according to her doctor BUT she is very obedient and makes straight A's. Not at all a problem child. The principal also hires teacher's who have been told not to return to other ISD's. The principal lies as does certain teachers. I have pulled my child from this school, MPB, because I literally felt she was being bullied by the staff and teacher. She is now very happy and proud of her new school and there are no more tears or fears of attending school. Very sad and disappointed about MPB because I grew up attending CCD there and attending church there.

Posted July 19, 2012
We are going on our third year there coming from Christ the King Most Precious is awesome the 2nd grade teacher Ms Martinez is awesome as well as all the teachers esp the pre k 3and 4 they have there hands full and if your three year old cant behave then maybe they should not be in school yet and as far as the school supplies go i don't mind it at all esp for the type of education my son is getting he has never been happier and the Principal and office staff is great.

Posted July 10, 2012
My daughter started going to MPB last year and had Mrs. Garcia K3. I love MPB. The tuition is very reasonable compared to what you would pay for at a daycare that has less learning. She even goes to after school care with Betty and Sylvia whom are also very good to my baby girl. this school gives my little one a great starter education, love and attention, thank you MPB! We look forward to k4 but till them my daughter hasn't stopped saying how much she misses Mrs. Garcia! FYI every school has Clorox wipes on there list, don't be a cheapie!

Posted July 09, 2012
Excellent school. Teachers are strict but loving. Ms. Martinez, 2nd grade teacher is wonderful!! K3 teacher is also a great teacher! There are several fundraisers that help keep school in operation. I notice some complaints about the school supply list. Considering the only money coming to this school comes from tuition payments, it's understandable that copy paper be on the list. I believe clorox wipes and flushable wipes are used in the classroom. I love the accelerated math and accelerated reading programs. Even the three year old are tested on AR.

Posted August 30, 2011
I don t have my child enrolled for their beliefs, but have her there for the academic portion. The teacher is arrogant and does not seem to understand that my child is 3 years old. She was put into time out for singing and dancing and was very sad when she got home. I have never put my child in time out, as she is only 3 years old and I don t expect her to always know how to behave. It seems to me that they focus more on learning about God rather than the academics. I was very upset that we have to pay such a high tuition and still provide material for the entire school. My child does not need 5 reams of copy paper (as I seriously doubt that she will be writing essays), 3 bottles of Clorox wipes and 5 boxes of Huggies brand flushable wipes, that is what the tuition is paying for and the school is suppose to provide not me. I personally don t like this school and I think I should have enrolled her in St. James. I get dirty looks when I don t stay for their prayer and leave to go to work. What this school does not seem to get is that they need to open up a lot sooner than 7:30 and the teachers need to get there sooner to pick up the students.

Most Precious Blood Catholic School 2

Posted February 24, 2011
We're going on our third year here. Pre K 3 and K5 were exceptional. Last years PK4 was miserable. Very ineffectual teacher. Children were and are afraid of her. Our child forgot more than she learned.Now we learn she will be 1st grade teacher. Looks like time to move. More attention paid to fundraising than education.

Posted November 10, 2010
We visited this school yesterday. Everyone was filling cookie dough orders from their fundraiser. This school is clean and well organized. The staff are not caught up in image and pretension. The staff are more concerned about the programs offered to their students rather than expensive offices. My daughter will be coming in a little behind their advanced programs, however I was assured she would catch up with the others in a non-stressful way. Fun attitude towards learning. Children were well behaved. Students go to Mass twice a week, love that. Explained to our daughter that her purpose there is in this order: God, Education, Friends. We saw a sister there helping with the pre-K class. It was good to see them in the educational setting again. Melissa starts her first day today, she's made goodies for her class. Good luck, my sweet girl!

Posted October 11, 2009
excellent school. small. good principal and teachers.

Most Precious Blood Catholic School
3502 Saratoga Boulevard, Corpus Christi, TX  78415
Last modified Most Precious Blood Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5