Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We just moved to CC and we're zoned to to Mireles, and what a disappointment of a school. My son was an all A's school and well discipline in our previous school. Now, he hates going to school. Teachers all they care about finding ways to disciplines these kids. No recess for 3-5th grades. You can't have a child sitting down for 8hrs and not expecting them to get up. Give them a break! they're kids not robots.

We absolutely love Mireles! I honestly could not write enough great things about their staff, administration, but most of all their teachers! If you're lucky enough to ever have Mrs. Woodward, Mrs. Hernandez, Mrs. Hamil, Ms. Cantu, or Mr. Sieler you'll understand what I mean. Talk about GREAT teachers!!!! But there are dozens of great teachers at this school & you'll see it by the way the parents really rally behind & support them. Twice in the 3 years we've attended, their PTA has achieved 100% participation- 100%!!! That's a lot of parent & community support for one elementary! I had never seen that before moving to this school. Yes, it's true my children no longer have three recesses a day like they used to at their previous school, but what they do get is PE every single day with their grade class. A smart board in their classroom {every classroom in this school has one} & several more activities throughout the day that help keep them busy, learning & engaged. I love that in 4th grade my son is still excited about learning! And this school does all this while still achieving the high & ridiculous test scores the state requires. Mireles does an amazing job & you'll be happy {& grateful} to have your child be apart of it.

Mireles Elementary School was just named a National PTA School of Excellence for 2015-17! It is one out of 124 schools in the Nation!

The most professional and conscientious staff work at Mireles! Teachers, administrators and support staff are excellent at what they do. In a school district this large, it is hard to stand out, yet this school does. Big thanks from our family to all the mighty Mariners!

If this is the best option in Corpus Christi then you are in for a world of disappointment. Some teachers are very good, but the administration is unapproachable and unfriendly. My children, who are all A students, dread going to school daily. No recess for 3-5th grades, no art classes for K-2. I had high expectations going into this school and it has failed to live up to any of them.

Mireles Elementary is an outstanding school with wonderful teachers! The teachers and staff all help to give students knowledge to follow their dreams and succeed!

Mireles Elementary is a wonderful school. I have two children currently enrolled and they excel in their class. The teachers and staff are always willing to help the students. The parent involvement that you see is outstanding. I recommend Mireles Elementary to every parent.

I would recommend Mireles Elementary School to anyone of my friends or family. I had kids in 2 different schools last year and was able to see a huge difference in the schools. Mireles out did the other school in every area. The teachers and staff are awesome and care about each student. I feel my girls are getting one on one attention in a class of around 22 kids. My girls love going to Mireles elementary school and sometime its hard to get them to leave. LOL

I love this school! My son went kindergarten through fifth grade here and he received an awesome education. Even though we had a few bumps in his younger years with immaturity, and I wasn't a big fan of the "card system" on behavior, I still have to give it five stars because of the excellent teachers, administrators and academics. I have to agree with another reviewer who mentioned other schools give the children a chance to flip card back to a good behavior color if their day improves. This would be the only thing I would change at the school, oh and allowing a pink, purple or any other "girl" color into the dress code. I still have a daughter there! Kids do have to learn to do well on tests, that's a fact of life and they will do well if they attend this school and have the support of their parents! This school has a lot to offer our youth, book clubs, running club, dance team etc. The teachers are great about keeping the parents up to speed on what's going on daily. I can't say enough about this outstanding school!

We have had a great experience with this school. They have amazing teachers, staff and support. Their interaction is great, they produce strong students. We have come to know many of the teachers, and they all strive to do so much and give so much to the kids. They are constantly looking for new and interesting activities. The whole school participates in events, such as decorating for Holidays, or the school festival. We will possible be moving soon and I really hope we can find a similar, loving place when we do.

Last modified Mireles Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.