Corpus Christi, TX

Posted October 15, 2013
Mireles Elementary is an outstanding school with wonderful teachers! The teachers and staff all help to give students knowledge to follow their dreams and succeed!

Posted September 21, 2013
Mireles Elementary is a wonderful school. I have two children currently enrolled and they excel in their class. The teachers and staff are always willing to help the students. The parent involvement that you see is outstanding. I recommend Mireles Elementary to every parent.

Posted September 19, 2013
I would recommend Mireles Elementary School to anyone of my friends or family. I had kids in 2 different schools last year and was able to see a huge difference in the schools. Mireles out did the other school in every area. The teachers and staff are awesome and care about each student. I feel my girls are getting one on one attention in a class of around 22 kids. My girls love going to Mireles elementary school and sometime its hard to get them to leave. LOL

Posted September 08, 2013
Mireles Elementary is amazing school. The Teachers, Administrators, and Staff are dedicated and hard working. There are many evenings after 6:00 pm, that have driven by the school and the parking lot is still half full. My children have loved Mireles. They have exceded my expectations with their academic achievements. They have made great friends. I honestly could not ask for a better experience then we have had at Mireles Elementary. Being a parent of two elementary age children, the only thing I wish this school had were more after school enrichment programs, for K-3rd graders.

Posted September 05, 2013
I love this school! My son went kindergarten through fifth grade here and he received an awesome education. Even though we had a few bumps in his younger years with immaturity, and I wasn't a big fan of the "card system" on behavior, I still have to give it five stars because of the excellent teachers, administrators and academics. I have to agree with another reviewer who mentioned other schools give the children a chance to flip card back to a good behavior color if their day improves. This would be the only thing I would change at the school, oh and allowing a pink, purple or any other "girl" color into the dress code. I still have a daughter there! Kids do have to learn to do well on tests, that's a fact of life and they will do well if they attend this school and have the support of their parents! This school has a lot to offer our youth, book clubs, running club, dance team etc. The teachers are great about keeping the parents up to speed on what's going on daily. I can't say enough about this outstanding school!

Posted January 07, 2013
We have had a great experience with this school. They have amazing teachers, staff and support. Their interaction is great, they produce strong students. We have come to know many of the teachers, and they all strive to do so much and give so much to the kids. They are constantly looking for new and interesting activities. The whole school participates in events, such as decorating for Holidays, or the school festival. We will possible be moving soon and I really hope we can find a similar, loving place when we do.

Posted May 14, 2011
Having been at Mireles since it opened in 2000 and been actively involved in the school I can say that I highly recommend it to anyone. The only critisizm I hear is that it can be too strict - I disagree - if the students behave well, as most of them do, then there is not a problem. The school sets high standards and that is reflected in the successes of the students. All Texas schools have to focus on TAKS scores and if the students are receiving the excellent attention they receive at Mireles then good results can only follow. Students considered "at risk" or those needing special help are given extra coaching by after school tutoring, and by parent volunteers. The parent involvement is high, families are encouraged into the school at various school and PTA events and the staff are always willing to discuss individual concerns.I cannot rate this school highly enough for organization, communication, dedication and professionalism of staff, personal attention to students and family /volunteer involvement. Mireles has one of the highest numbers of volunteer hours in CCISD and every teacher and volunteer genuinely cares about the success of the students.

Mireles Elementary School 3

Posted March 23, 2011
I have two children who attend Mireles. My older child does well there. They do focus a LOT on passing the test but overall the teachers and staff are great. It seems a lot like a private school with the uniforms and all. My other child needs a lot of "extra help" with his work and I find that he is going to fall behind more because he's not really "test worthy". So I have to split the difference on the pro and con. It's tough.

Posted November 21, 2010
We are new to the area and chose Mireles based on greatschools reviews. Once there, my two daughters are doing great. The school is beautiful and they have very nice materials & library. The PTA is very active and the principal and Vice-principal are always around the children - not back in their offices unaccessible. I think the boys seem to have a harder time with the rules, and I feel bad for them. Girls seem more able to sit and do work - but that is probably true most places. Academics is highly regarded - the cafeteria even has college banners up and the idea of going to college is already put into their minds. Overall, we are very pleased

Mireles Elementary School 1

Posted February 04, 2009
The school is well cared for and most of the teachers and staff are friendly. However, I feel that this school really misses the mark when it comes down to the individual child. The goal of any school should be 'what is best for the child' and not what is most convenient. I know firsthand how ineffective the discipline chart is for kindergarteners at this school. Nearby schools that use the same type of discipline chart actually allow children to 'flip' their cards back if their day improves. The administrators at Mireles are blinded by their egos and refuse to see what is best for their students. I would not recommend this school to any parent wants to continue to inspire their child to be an independent thinker.

Mireles Elementary School
7658 Cimarron Boulevard, Corpus Christi, TX  78414
Last modified Mireles Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mireles Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top