Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 02, 2016
They are loving and I feel safe dropping off my child every morning. Pnly down fall is durimg lunch when I cant protect my child from that unconsiderate lunch staff

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted June 02, 2016
They are very considerateamd responsible with students as to where they are and whp theyre going home with.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 02, 2016
My child does well with homework. She likes to finish before dinner. She finds it challenging.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 02, 2016
My child comes home excited about learning. She likes dpimg her homework and spending time alone

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted June 02, 2016
The main office lady is non-attentive and always gives my child her lunch late only cause I didnt tell my daugher to pick it up herself. Terrible

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted June 02, 2016
Only the teachers have I seen have that desire to teach and embrace it to the kids.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted June 02, 2016
Teachers are awesome, only not when eating lunch. Lunch staff yell and agitate the kids instead of talking to the kids with respect and giving fair warnings. They want the cafeteria to be completely quiet. Plus my daughter has commented to me about the cafeteria staff making her choose another food item when all she wanted was a salad.

Edwin J Kiest Elementary School 2

Posted June 02, 2016
Good and honest teachers, only cafeteria staff are very mean to the children during lunch. I myself feels threatend when im there to eat with my child. The kids get yelled at and get blown a loud whistle for talking to loud. I remember my ears hurting and just wanting to leave. I can only imagine the poor kids having to deal with this everyday. I am thinking about enrolling my child else where next year.

Edwin J Kiest Elementary School 3

Posted May 17, 2012
Communication, Compassion, Responsibility, Active Listening, Respect, Humbleness.........Not just from one group, but from all: administration, community, staff, and students. Please, ask yourself this question before leaving a comment: At the end of the day, did I do everything I could to make E.J. Kiest successful? Yes, E.J. Kiest is AU...This status has been ingested into our system and had time to marinate into our brains :), but it's time to move foward! Start changing your mindset!!!!! This mindset must come from every group: Administration, Staff, Parents, and Students. I guarantee once that mindset changes, you will see a powerful transformation that will make E.J Kiest EXEMPLARY! But it will take more than a few words written for a review, it will take believing in your administration, teachers, community, and students! Thank You!

Edwin J Kiest Elementary School 1

Posted May 16, 2012
Morale is still low don't be fooled. Humiliation, people are tricked into quitting, or released by the opinion of one inexperienced individual who wrote the last blog. Looks like administration. Thank God for freedom of speech. Some teachers can no longer be bullied. He fired us experienced teachers. Hopefully now its your turn.

2611 Healey Drive, Dallas, TX  75228
Last modified Edwin J Kiest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.