Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers at this school work so many more hours and are held to way higher standards, they also have to work late each Wesnesday for additional trainings and first years teachers attend a training one Saturday a month!

Amount of homework: Agree

Kids definitely get more homework than at traditional public schools but a lot of it is hands on real world work, such as starting their own lemonade stand after raising money from investors.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Summit is undergoing their IB Authorization- which is an while child program. Their curriculum doesn't just focus on academics but also on developing their character and making kids into lifelong learners and productive world citizens.

Summit is a fairly new school which provides an extraordinary amount of support and additional training to their teachers.

I don't know why greatschools deleted my posting on this school but steer clear of this campus. Extremely disorganized office staff. It's really hard to get a hold of anyone at the front desk and half of the time, they are frazzled. The campus is really small. It's too small to accommodate all of the children they keep enrolling. They advertise small classrooms but my daughter has 26 kids in her class and one teacher. The teachers all dress like they are off to Sunday brunch in Saturday night's club outfit. Short skirts, tight clothes, inappropriate necklines. If the children have such a strict dress code policy, the teachers should too. The carline is horrendous. It never starts on time and parents become jerks when frustrated. They say there will be more Arlington police presence but I have yet to see but one all school year. Unless you have A LOT of patience and TONS of time then apply somewhere else.

My son has gone to Summit for the last two years (k-1) and will continue thru graduation. We have been very happy with the teachers and all he has learned and accomplished. Office communication to parents can improve but over all a great school!

I have three children beginning their second year in Summit International's Primary Campus. The academic challenges at this school are wonderful and my children all work hard and have received awards marking their progress. The teachers devote tremendous hours and talent as they tutor, teach and suppor these students. The school has been very receptive to both accolades and constructive criticism and seems to value parent input. That said, there is a lapse in administration to parent communication at times. I appreciate that the school requires parents to provide 40 hours of volunteer work. We see more parental involvement as a whole and that is always a benefit. As the school is newer there are less extra-curricular activities for the students. We have been happy with the stringent academics and look forward to seeing the school continue to grow over the next few years.

I have one child at Summit. He started attending in 1st grade and is now in 3rd. I really love this school. My son is challenged academically and has really loved all of his teachers so far. All in all a wonderful school. You have to be patient with the pick up/drop off process, but I feel it is worth it for the eduation he is receiving. Also, sometimes I feel there is a bit of a break-down in communication between teachers-parents-administrators. You just have to stay on top of things...but that is true for any school. I would highly recommend!

I have two children in this school and we love this school. This is our second year at Summit and my girls have excelled in their academics. We appreciate the teachers and staff that work so hard to teach our future leaders. Thank you to Summit staff and highly recommend this school to other parents looking for a small school with a private school feel but with no tuition fees.

I have two children in this school - grades 2 and 3 - and I love this school. I tell everyone I meet that this is the best kept secret in Arlington. Summit is about 2 years old, and it is a part of Uplift Education - a nonprofit education authority with 5 schools - that modeled Summit after their originally successful model that ranked their elementary education 13th in the nation. My kids' experiences have been outstanding.

Last modified Uplift Summit International Preparatory Primary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.