Posted May 14, 2014
St Monica Catholic School - LOVE THIS SCHOOL! We came to SMS 5 yearss ago when our daughters were entering 1st and 4th grade. We left the smaller, higher end private school because we didn't feel that the $ we were paying brought significantly that much more in the way of academics, culture, etc. And while everything at SMS may not be pretty and shiny new, the teachers, staff, and community are second to none. Because it is larger our kids immediately found what intersted them in the way of sports, clubs, groups, etc. Our transition was so smooth and the SMS community opened their arms to us and we have embraced it since then! There is always so much going on whether its sports, games, clubs, social events, there is truly something for everyone! We are so glad we made SMS our home. We wish we would have started here in PreK!

Posted April 23, 2014
I love working at this school - I feel such a sense of community and a great partnership with families and the faculty and staff here at St. Monica. I appreciate prayer before meetings and the ability to work together as a team to make this school the best possible Catholic elementary school it can be. This is a jewel in the city of Dallas. Affordable, Quality Education. This school works on not only education - but how to be a good human being by giving back to others.......do come check out this school. I have been here 4+ years and I cannot say enough good about it.

Posted April 13, 2014
Love. We moved from an A list Dallas private school to SMS for my son's *rd grade year and this is home! You will find a place here. I am proud that these families are in my children's lives. This community will last a lifetime for my children -- high school, college, careers -- they are truly supported forever. As for the academics, the school strikes the right balance with rigor in the curriculum. The new administration has implemented a writing program that is horizontal and vertically-integrated throughout the school. The middle school is outstanding. Jesuit and Ursuline consistently look to SMS for strong students. We have more boys going to Cistercian each year than any other school in DFW. Another 10 of 40 entering 5th grade next year are from SMS. There are problems such as bullying from some kids and some teachers are less than desired. But being elsewhere, I know this is not SMS-specific. Further, they have implemented a new bully-prevention program this year and the new admin seems to take evals of teachers seriously and looks to be ensuring teacher quality. Highly-recommended.

Posted April 12, 2014
St. Monica School has been a blessing to our family! The teachers and staff are fully committed to ensuring all children get the best education available. Beginning with preschool all the way to 8th grade, the teachers are passionate about the students, subject and school. They know their "stuff" for sure; however, they also know how to work collaboratively with the student and parents to ensure the children are progressing. They have helped mold my kids into great students with outstanding study skills that will carry them through high school, college and beyond. A recent example of SMS's commitment to education is the opening of the beautiful, state-of-the-art June Cooper Learning Center for gifted and learning different students. I encourage you to make an appointment to tour the Center as well as the entire campus. You won't be disappointed. I promise, you and your child will grow to love the SMS community as we have. There's a reason, SMS has been thriving for more than 50 years. You need to go and check it out for yourself. Reading about it here is the first step, but seeing it for yourself is quite another. It's truly the best investment you'll ever make in your children!

Posted April 11, 2014
St. Monica is warm , friendly, and true gem in the sea of private-schools! Our family moved to the area 7 years ago, and have firmly planted our roots in the neighborhood, due in part to St. Monica. We have most definitely found our FOREVER school and community. Although my husband and I are not alumni, it makes no difference. The community welcomes everyone with open arms! The educational experience my child has received at SMS is truly exceptional.

Posted April 11, 2014
St. Monica is a wonderful place to call HOME! It is so much more than just a school. The community is welcoming and there seems to be a place for everyone... no matter your interests. In my opinion, the larger size is a strength. My children are very different and have each found a group of friends and activities they enjoy. The teachers and faculty have been incredibly supportive. I particularly love the Christ centered, Catholic focus. Our new principal, Phil Riley, is extremely hands on and approachable. This administration is committed to making St. Monica the best it can be. The new June Cooper leaning center allows the school to reach all learners and they have always been very accommodating for my child with ADD. With this being said, no school is perfect but SMS is as close as perfect can get. As with all things in life, you get out what you put in. SMS is surrounded by loving families and staff that are extremely generous with their time and talents. We feel truly blessed to be a part of this community. Go Bearcats!!!

Posted April 11, 2014
When looking for a parish school for our 3 sons, we visited St RIta, Christ the King and St Thomas, Because of the warm welcome and inclusive community, we chose St Monica and tall of our sons received an excellent education as well as a strong foundation in the Catholic faith. It is a great value for the education and a wonderful community. The community includes involved parents, grandparents and extended family and all work to support and better the school.

Posted September 27, 2013
St Monica is a wonderful environment for students and families. The principal is very hands on and a nice breath of fresh air to the school. He is bringing the school up to higher standards. I have two very different students at SMS and both fit in well. The school is very welcoming and is a magnificent community. I have never seen or heard of a school with the kind of community as this. I feel very blessed to have my two sons at St Monica.

Posted August 20, 2013
You cannot find a better community of amazing parents, faculty, and, of course, children than at St. Monica Catholic School in Dallas, TX. From the second we decided to move our children to St. Monica 4 years ago, we've never looked back and have been very happy with our decision. Our children are receiving top notch acadamics from excellent teachers in a faith-based environment supported by the entire community. We felt welcomed and received from day one. "It takes a village to raise a child" is a such a cliche but it really encompasses what St. Monica is all about. St. Monica reinforces the important values that we teach at home along with superior academics. The athletic programs are top notch, as well. The involvement of the parents in the PTO and the Dad's Club is strong and we've made great friends. There are a lot of awesome schools out there but what truly sets St. Monica apart from any of them is the community.

St. Monica School 4

Posted August 20, 2013
St. Monica is a real community parish school. The Dad's Club and PTO are busy ALL the time, and are very inclusive. The families are very supportive of each other - we truly have the help of a "village" in raising our kids at SMS. The Math and English Honors programs allow faster moving kids more room to grow. The classes are a bit large (25 x 4 per grade usually). The principal is still new (this is his second year - after a long-serving principal). Sports dominate the extra curricular activities: many grades have over 90 per cent lettering for one or more school sports (5th-8th grades) (which can be good and bad at the same time). The Chess Club, One Act Play competition and Quiz Bowl teams, among other more academic activities, are great extra curricular activities that open more avenues for the kids. The school is diverse - one of our favorite characteristics. The foreign language program is not all that we would want it to be, but progress is promised. Overall, our kids have excelled academically at St. Monica and are doing well in the upper level area schools. And our family truly appreciates Father Bierschenk and his presence and leadership of the parish.

St. Monica School