9-12|Private
1,100 students

Bad
Good

College was so much easier and high SAT scores, which Jesuit Prep can take credit for, afforded my offspring a son which included room and board, as well as books and tuition. He graduated magna cum laude as a chemical engineer. He opted to take honors classes at Jesuit and in college. Only two AP classes, physics and calculus. He does triathlons (TNT) to raise money for worthy causes, It stands to reason as a superior school. It was worth every cent, since college cost was more than offset, he got a STEM degree from a highly rated engineering school and is a contributing member of society; giving back. I'm just stating the obvious and wish everyone well.

I went to Jesuit and it was awesome. The academics are what you make of it and the student life is great. I absolutely loved it. I went to Fordham in New York City and I can say that none of my professors in college could hold a candle to the instructors I had at Jesuit. Nothing prepared me more for my professional life than the time commitment of Jesuit. Side note: that first teacher has to be Mr. Rumenapp. Sorry it didn't work out but look at our standardized test scores in comparison to the public schools and even at Ursuline. Jesuit was great. Go Rangers.

The level of rigor at this school was below what I had seen in public schools in the area and surprisingly, there did not seem to be much college prep in the courses I observed my students taking. Teachers that taught similar courses had different goals in mind and a lot of lessons seemed to be created on the spot (perhaps to keep the school catered towards individual students/parents where special favors were also given). I didn't see a lot of consequences or penalties for students that submitted late work, which lowered my desire to send my own son here (not a real-world kind of place). Due to the pressure to be well-rounded and involved in extracurricular activities, many students quickly became exhausted and resorted to cheating (which was not what I would expect in a Catholic environment of this kind). A lot of emphasis has been placed on creating rich language to describe the environment of the school, but I encourage parents to question everything from who is in charge of campus ministry to the experience of the administrators to what is actually taught in the classroom. I've known many orthodox Catholic teachers leave for other Catholic institutions in the area.

Jesuit is a great place for your son to become a "Man For Others". Each boy is challenged to learn the Catholic faith. Also, each boy is free to be himself, and there are numerous extracurricular activities available. The education is excellent and very challenging. My son has told me that these have been the best school years of his life.

Jesuit truly honors it's mission of building "Men For Others". If you want to put your son in an environment where he has the opportunity to learn responsibility for his actions, Jesuit is the place. The faculty focuses on developing the complete person. Academics are important here, but Jesuit also expects and encourages students to be involved in the community, with required service hours at each grade level and weekly community service for Seniors. Our son leaves Jesuit well prepared for next steps. He is the profile of a Jesuit graduate: Open to Growth, Physically Fit, Loving, Religious, Committed To Working for Justice, and Intellectually Competent. Well rounded to varying degrees and ready for greater challenges in life. Jesuit was a great choice for him.

Our 2 sons went to Jesuit Dallas and I cannot stress how absolutely incredible the school is. Everyone from the counselors, teachers, principal, vice prinicpal, to those in the finance office are amazing, I can't say enough. Anytime there was an issue (conduct, grades, paying tuition), we were consistently made to feel we were the only family in need of attention-everyone was available at a moment's notice. The boys that go here are groomed for college from the get-go. The Catholic faith is on display everywhere, and unlike some parochial high schools it is not forgotten that this is a Christ-centered community. Our sons were so well-prepared for college and life that it was worth every penny. If you want your son to become a well-rounded, well-educated young man with high morals and a focus on all that his life has to offer, send him to Jesuit Dallas.

Jesuit College Prep is by far the best Catholic education you can receive in the state of Texas, rivaled only by that of Strake Jesuit College Preparatory in Houston. The alumni giving rate is very high, with a very substantial endowment fund. The campus, facilities, and faculty are all top notch with beautiful surroundings and a faculty that is among the best in the nation. The Jesuit athletic program is also very prestigious, the second private school in the state of Texas to be in the UIL division 5A,(the first was Strake Jesuit in Houston) this allows the sports program to grow beyond that of all other private schools by placing Jesuit against public schools for a greater challenge. Jesuit College Prep is simply the best.

Last modified Jesuit College Prep School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12