6-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Bishop Dunne Catholic School 4

Posted September 15, 2013
Both our daughters are flourishing at this school! <They came from a Catholic School with extremely Poor Leadership and a Teaching Staff that is in constant turmoil>. On the bright side, our daughters now realize the importance of a school with Great Leadership and Teachers who are Warm, Professional, & Caring. Their grades (& constant praise of this school) reflect their happiness. Words simply can't express the amount of happiness we have, in regards to our daughters attending Bishop Dunne Catholic School.

Bishop Dunne Catholic School 3

Posted August 20, 2013
Bishop Dunne Catholic High School has been a great experience for us. The negative is that it is very expensive. I would not spend the money for this school again. I believe there are other options just as good if not better that are less expensive. The academics are great. I loved the ability for my child to have online assignments when there was inclement weather. I also liked the environment. I felt very safe sending my child to this school. My child attended there from 7-12 grade.

Posted August 01, 2013
I would like to take the time to give Bishop Dunne Catholic School an outstanding rating. I have a daughter who currently attends Bishop Dunne and will be a sophomore this fall 2013. I m very proud to say that she has been on the Bishop s honor roll for both semesters of her freshman year. The teachers are phenomenal in gearing their students to strive to do the best to their ability. I m very confident that Bishop Dunne will prepare my daughter for what is to be expected in her college years. As a signal parent I have sacrificed to give the very best education to my daughter. All the sacrifices I have made for her will pay off in the end. Bishop Dunne has molded my daughter into a thriving young adult. I highly recommend Bishop Dunne to anyone who is considering enrolling their child. From my personal experience you will not be let down but blown away with the academics Bishop Dunne has to offer.

Posted February 14, 2013
Bishop Dunne has academically high standards, and does a fine job preparing students for a post-secondary education at a 4-year college/university. As another parent mentioned, the distinct character of the school is a positive. Don't be turned away by the older-looking buildings. There are a number of large scale remodeling projects in progress, and in a year or so, the building will be modernized. If you're looking for your child a strong learning environment that is academically challenging, and also looking for ample extra-curricular opportunities, take an honest look at B. Dunne. It's a great option.

Posted December 19, 2012
I found that the Bishop Dunne community was so welcoming to my son who attended since the 8th grade and graduated last year in the class of 2012. My son was accepted to many top colleges thanks to Bishop Dunne and the rigorous curriculum they provided. Besides from excellent academic programs they also have a large number of sports and clubs that my son enjoyed and met life long friends in these activities. Overall Bishop Dunne was an excellent experience for my family and even though it may not be the best looking or wealthiest private school in Dallas, it makes up for it in distinctive character and a healthy learning environment.

Posted June 25, 2012
I have two daughters who attended and graduated from Bishop Dunne. My oldest started in the 9th grade and my youngest started in the 7th grade. They are both in college now and have very fond memories of the teachers and students. They both feel that the strict but compassionate discipline and the rigorous academics have prepared them for college. One of my daughters had difficulties with a student at one time but the school intervened and through a dispute resolution type process the two were able to get past their differences. I believe this is one of the best schools in Dallas and I feel fortunate to have been able to send my children there.

Bishop Dunne Catholic School 1

Posted March 31, 2012
I am a current Bishop Dunne student and I don't like the school. If you want a good quite environment then this school is not for you. You can not walk anywhere in the school without being shoved aside by tons of other students. The students are not nice. They can be very mean not just to other students but to teachers to. The students swear in class, and completely ignoring the teacher . It is so bad that the teachers can not get done what needs to be done. Few of the teachers have given up and break down in class. The students find it funny and aim to make teachers quit.

Bishop Dunne Catholic School 3

Posted August 22, 2011
As a former student, I can easily say my time at Bishop Dunne was well spent. There is a very close-knit evironment throughout the student body and friendships amidst the challenging academic setting were easily made and maintained. I cannot say enough good things about this exemplary school. The one fault I found in this school came as a result of an ongoing illness which forced me to miss the majority of a school year. As I began to fall behind in my classes some teachers were very helpful and supportive while others were not. Eventually I was transferred to an entirely online curriculum, but I was often unable to reach my online teacher. After months of struggle the school administration informed me that this was still not enough to advance me to the next grade. I was devastated and eventually transferred to a different school. Bottom line: this is a terrific school as long as your student is unlikely to be missing an excessive number of school days.

Posted July 26, 2010
The school has an excellent administration with a clear vision for its future, a dedicated and highly qualified faculty, and cultural diversity among students with no indication of ethnic conflict, just fidelity to the precepts of the school and the Catholic Christian faith along with enthusiasm for learning.

Posted May 14, 2010
Wow is all I can say about the 14 April 2010 comments... Our son started attending BD this year after being at Canterbury Episcopal School for 8 years. It was the best decision he ever made, because he has blossomed this year. He has been fined ONCE all year for not putting his cell phone away in a timely manner. This school is wonderful and all you have to do is follow the rules. You are SUPPOSED to wear a belt and why do you need to chew gum at school? It sounds like this family saved all of the families and faculty that are at BD and loving it a lot of grief!!

Bishop Dunne Catholic School
3900 Rugged Drive, Dallas, TX  75224
Last modified Bishop Dunne Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Bishop Dunne Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top