PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Our children have been at Alcuin for 10 years and we couldn't be happier. They continue to challenge our children academically as well as respect and nurture their individual personalities. The teachers are absolutely amazing and it is obvious that they truly enjoy teaching there. One of the many things that I love about this school is that they teach them to think for themselves and problem solve as well as effectively collaborate in a group setting. I would highly recommend Alcuin for both boys and girls from toddler through high school!

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

Boys are bullied and harassed by girls at this school, and the administration encourages it.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Teachers very biased toward girls. This is a bad environment for boys.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is just right. Not too much in the younger years and increases starting in 4th grade.

The most under-rated school in Dallas. Over the course of the next decade, I predict that this school will be on par, if not ahead of, the top private schools in Dallas. Many think it already is. The innovative approach to learning that is happening at Alcuin is unmatched.

I am blown away by this school at every turn. We as parents, and my children are not treated like just another number. Being part of a community that is really interested in development is a wonderful thing.

I am amazing unimpressed. The teachers overly prescribe testing for your average child. I spoke to my son's pediatrician who saw nothing wrong with my son and mentioned that he has had other parents that had the same issues. I have spoken to a number of parents that have had the same experience. It looks amazing when touring but as another reviewer mentioned, if you are a 30 something parent expect ZERO respect and it is even worse when both parents work. I wish I could take back the past year. Basically if your child isn't with the perfect child and your aren't willing to jump through hoops of testing, you will politely be asked to not return. -disappointed parent

I am a convert who started out very skeptical about the value this school could bring to my kids, especially in light of the expense. I have two kids at Alcuin, and they both started at 18 months old. I was not converted by the school. I was converted by my children. I see every day the effect the school has on them. They love learning and challenging themselves. That is something that I did not get until I went to college. Imagine the possibilities of getting to feel that way your whole life. Equally important is the community. I am constantly blown away by their peers, who are like minded and have a home life that values education and development as much as we do. Yes, it is a lot of money, and I didn t think I could justify the expense. Now I know, that it is the very best money I spend even in this economy. I m converted and because of that, my kids get to grow and develop whatever potential is inside them, and become the very best versions of themselves. What more could you want?

Alcuin is a truly unique school that centers around the ability to bring about the absolute best in every student combined with the flexibility to allow students to progress at a custom pace. Each child gets their own education plan that is stringently followed up on and evolves with the child. Our children have been there since infants and have thrived educationally, socially and emotionally. The teachers are so well trained that they often know more about my children than I do even though I am a stay-at-home parent. My elementary student's curriculum always exceeds the standards at the other top schools in Dallas. In first grade she writes in cursive, reads on a 5th grade level, and multiplies and divides by 10,000. The best part is that they focus on individual responsibility, accountability and courtesy. Their middle and upper school is now IB and the students are already being courted by some of the top programs who seek out the unique educational experieces of a Montessori and Baccalaureate program. To top it off the school has a "home-like" feel and the staff is always available for questions and guidance. We feel very fortunate to have gotten a spot at Alcun.

I am so happy with Alcuin school. My children have thrived educationally as well as socially. The level of education exceeds what I personally have seen as a teacher in high achieving schools. The teachers and staff take a personal interest in my children across the board. I recommend Alcuin to anyone looking for a great school!

Last modified Alcuin School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12