No rating

White Rock North School

Private | PK-6

Living in Dallas

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $224,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $750.

Posted September 17, 2012

My daughter attended White Rock North from Pre-K to 3rd Grade and it was an incredible experience for all of us. She is now in 7th grade at another private school in the area and we were so happy that she was able to do so well on her testing. When WRN tells you they are a year ahead, they are a year ahead. My daughter was nurtured, challenged and held to a high standard that set her up for success. I see the results every day. I am so happy to hear that Amy Adams is back as the principal - I believe in her passion for the school and the children. I have recommended WRN to many of my friends and neighbors and will continue to do so! Elizabeth Britton

Posted April 4, 2012

I'm honestly surprised at the poor reviews of this school. My daughter has been going to WRN since she was 6 months old and she is now 3 1/2. The administration, staff, and teachers have all been wonderful and have listened attentively and adequately responded to any issues we've ever had (which have been few). My daughter is academically WAY ahead of other kids her age and gets lots of attention from her teachers. She loves going to school every day and that itself speaks volumes. The same 10-15 other children her age have followed her from class to class as she has moved up the age levels, so there is clearly not a lot turnover. That means all the other parents are happy with WRN, as well, and every parent I've spoken to has had nothing but positive comments. WRN is truly a neighborhood gem!

Posted August 25, 2011

Both of our children went to White Rock North for years. The facilities are good and most teachers are great. The administration and specifically the dirctor, Ms. Keeling, however have been a constant source of frustration. We had had to deal with so many issues that we decided to take both of our children to other schools. We are tired of dealing with Ms. Keeling. She is incredibly rude, singles out children for punishment when she disagrees with parents (this did not just happened to us) and she has pushed the limits to a point where our three-year old son has developed a thorough fear of going to school. In addition, we have had several issues inside the classroom. For example, both of our children have been repeatedly hit or bitten by other children while the teachers or administration have done nothing to remedy these issues. Overall, we do not recommend this school watsoever and we know of close to a dozen parents who have taken their children elsewhere due to concerns about the leadership or rather the lack thereof. We strongly felt that we can find a better eductaion and substantially less hostile envirnoment for the money. I am happy to say that we did.

Posted July 29, 2011

Our son has been going here since he was a baby. The school has been good but according too him pre-k class was the best. We were fortunate enough to have a teacher that was outstanding! She was a first year teacher and made my sons year very enjoyable. He still talks about all of the things she taught him, genius! This is incredible because my son can be a handful. We will be returning for kindergarten (his teacher plays the guitar in class...very neat) this year and like that our son can keep active in p.e., roller skating (on site), swimming and the music teacher is delightful as well. I agree that the administration is lacking and that concerns could be addressed in a more timely manner, but the cost of tuition for us is consistent with the care and learning environment we feel is best for our child-I still wish my son's pre-k teacher could move to the grader building with him....she truly is a fabulous teacher. This school is good, I just hope it is fortunate enough to keep its "excellent" teachers so it can be great!

Posted July 15, 2011

Our experience with the school went from good to terrible. Our son was constantly moved from classroom to classroom and never had a chance to settle in anywhere with no good explanation why. Work sheets were almost always finished by staff and not our son. The place seemed under staffed and the prek teachers not properly trained. The swimming lessons seem like a great idea until you realize your paying for only 15min. The only positive thing about the school is the corner cottage and its staff.

Posted May 3, 2011

The faculty and administration have always been professional and attentive to all of our questions and concerns. They have recently completed some new additions and renovations to the facility and our kids have always been at least a year ahead of what is being taught in our public shools.

Posted January 20, 2011

Our experience with White Rock North has been absolutely horrible. The administration still lacks regard for parent's concerns and are rude to boot. My daughter used to love school until she got to pre-k 4. Her current teacher yells constantly and there is little if any physical activity during the day. The bring home mountians of worksheets that are not age appropriate and watch TV more than I am comfortable with. My child is complaining of being bored at school and I don't blame her. I would like to say that parent involvement is good but it is not encouraged at the school. Parents are treated poorly and talked down to by the administration.

Posted September 16, 2010

This school has been a big disappointment to myself and my family. We had two children at this school and feel the administration has no concern for our thoughts or questions. I went to principal on several occasions questioning billing and/or discipline issues and they didn't seem to care at all about my thoughts. Based on previous reviews I can now see I am not the only parent that has had concerns.

Posted September 14, 2010

White Rock North is a wonderful school with an incredible director and staff. They take care of my children as if they were their own. They have an excelled learning program and teach every child (even the ones in preschool) a year ahead. My children have been there in different grades for five years, from the time they were infants and I could not be happier. The amount of diversity is unheard of in any other school, especially starting at such a young age. they have a roller rink, music and dance program, piano lessons, a swimming pool and countless programs all year long. I have never met anyone who doesn't like this school and I can not think of another place I would ever want to send my children.

Posted September 14, 2010

I read some of these reviews and can not believe that they are talking about the same school my son goes to. I believe that every child is unique in what environment they will excell in and this school provides this for my son. It is true that they have high standards for behavor. This school is perfect for parents who would like children that know their manners. I would not recomend this school for parents who feel that their child should make the rules. They provide fun with structure in a more traditional learning environment.

Posted July 16, 2010

We've had two children at this school for over three years and love the experience. The teachers are fantastic, and the focus on education and manners really shows. I've had discussions with the administration and have found them to be reasonable and understanding. Take the time to visit and see for yourself why so many families find this school a great solution, particularly for working parents.

Posted February 6, 2010

Anyone who has anything bad to say about this school has not spent the time it takes to know what is good for their child. There are issues in every school, everywhere and most bad reviews come from people who have left without trying. I have had both of my girls at White Rock since 6 weeks, they are now 2 and 4, I am constantly being told how polite, smart and beyond their years they are. The curriculum is a year ahead, the teachers are awesome, the school is cleaner then any you will find and the education your child will take away is immeasurable. Ms. Keeling, Mrs. Adams and Ms. Drake are incredible and tend to our every need. The boy who calls the children to the cars when parents are there to pick up went there since preschool and he is a wonderful gentlemen. The Best School! Jen

Posted October 20, 2009

Our son has been at WRNS for almost three years now. We were around during Amy Adams tenure. Our son had six teachers during his first year at WRNS. We never received an answer as to why (asked in person and via email). We also received incorrect tuition invoices and our child's file was misplaced (all his info/SSN/financial info). We considered leaving. However, our son loved the school and was learning so much. Over the last year, WRNS has seen many changes. Since Amy Adams departure, the school is running much smoother. We have not had any paperwork issues or problems obtaining information. The teachers send home regular reports and information. We could not be happier. For about a year I did not recommend the school. I can fully recommend the school now. The teachers have continued to be the strong backbone that makes WRNS such a great school.

Posted October 15, 2009

That anyone thinks the school is LESS homey since the admin. change is crazy. I have a grader in the school as well as a younger child and BOTH are getting educated in spades. They LOVE the school and actually WANT to go there every day (unlike the local 'exemplary' public school nearby). I only wish my older child had gone here sooner (was in a daycare and we didn't know that KG was the new 1st grade!) If my older child had the pre-k education my younger child is experiencing now, they most likely would have been fine. The class size is amazingly small and the curriculum FAR better than what they were learning in public (more repetition, which is the seed of learning, etc. and not just moving on to the next thing b/c beaurocrats want them to.) If you're truly worried about EDUCATION, it's difficult to find any better.

Posted March 11, 2009

Love it, Love it, Love it....I live in the Park Cities and unfortunatley there are very few full-time infant/toddler programs in my neighborhood. The HPISD schools are accelerated and I am very confident that my child is getting a jump start on most the children in my area that attend a Mommy's Day Out program 2 or 3 times a week. My daughter is almost two and sings abc's, knows all the colors and shapes, counts 1-12 and even says the days of the week and months of the year. August to May is a normal teaching year, but June ans July they have a terrific camp program with field trips, swim days and other fun activities. The pricing is just amazing for what you get! I have not found a school in the area that comes close in comparison.

Posted February 21, 2009

Our family has been at WRN for many years and witnessed many of the changes in the administration of the school. What has remained consistent is solid academic core curriculum (which is a year ahead of many of the other schools in the area) and the individualized attention our child has received. Our child loves to go to school everyday, and the extras like Ginger the horse who likes carrots and apples and the rollerskating on-site make it irresistable to almost any child. We feel so lucky to have found such a unique and wonderful school.

Posted February 17, 2009

There has been a remarkable change in the school since Mrs. Keeling took over as director. The level of professionalism with which the school is now run is a fantastic turn-around and provides much welcome leadership that is proactive, approachable and effective. This is a gem of a school tucked away in the big city, and the family atmosphere, unique activities,caring and dedicated staff, and reasonable tuition rates set it apart from others. It is clear that the school's focus on structure, learning, arts and music, social interactions, physical activity, and manners have made a difference for our girls. When I think back to the frantic day that we found WRNS while needing to make a surprise childcare change, I am so thankful that WRNS could accomodate both of our children on extremely short notice. My only regret is that we did not come to White Rock North sooner.

Posted February 16, 2009

The new Director of the school along with the owner Mrs. Adams are doing a fantastic job. There is much more organization and calm in the school since Amy Adams the previous principal left. All of the teachers and staff have every child's interest at heart. The school offers a very professional, loving, warm and caring environment. The office staff is outstanding and cares about every child in the school. Come see for yourself.

Posted February 16, 2009

We have been very active parents at WRN for many years. Our child has received a wonderful education and has been nurtured and supported way beyond what a school is required to do. We love the teachers - they are very committed and a great group of educators. We miss Amy Adams - and yes, while the office is more organized, with the passing of Mr. Adams and Amy gone - what we originally loved about the school is missing. We can go to many other private schools for great academics, but the loving, warm, caring environment is not what it was and it makes me very sad. I hope that this precious school is able to regain in the future what it has been in the past.

Posted February 5, 2009

My children have been going to WRN for 3 years. I don't think I will be sending them back next year because of all the political issues with the office. It is not the same since Amy Adams left and Mr Adams dies. The people that are runing the school now don't seem to have the children's best interest at heart. It use to have a family environment and great energy now it is very cold.

Asian or Pacific Islander 11% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab