White Rock North School 2

Posted August 17, 2014
I posted one of the previous 5 star reviews about a year and a half ago. Since that time my opinion of the school has changed completely. The communication from the administration is horrible and often times confusing and contradictory. There is no flexibility and they always act as if the parents are the basis for all of the problems at the school. The administration is the most patronizing group of women. I still give the school two stars because all of the administration problems do not spill into the classroom. Our children still receive excellent care and education. And we have enjoyed all of the families we have met there but I am counting down the days until we leave.

Posted June 23, 2014
This is an amazing school and they do an excellent job nurturing and educating the children and grades of all ages. After over 6 years at this school, I truly have nothing but good things to say about the staff and experience. You will feel part of a family here in a place where you can always voice concerns and see results. Both of my children have tested, each year, two or three years ahead of their grade. The smaller class sizes are a plus for the children's learning atmosphere.

Posted May 30, 2014
This is one of the great small schools in Texas. My granddaughter has had an amazing experience here for the last 3 years. The kids are taught so much more than academics. They are really good people that run this school. Trust me, as a grandma, check it out.

Posted March 30, 2014
I agree with some of the other reviews that the school is really a day care. We were underwhelmed with the quality of the education at the grade level. Turnover with teachers and hard to work with owners. It's a family-run business trying to compete with more top notch schools (public and private) in the area. Ultimately, we moved our son. Once we did, we realized the deficiencies in curriculum - he was quite behind in 2 core subjects but was able to catch up academically and socially in the right setting.

Posted March 04, 2014
Our son attended White Rock North from 4th grade until he graduated as a 6th grader. As an entering student, he was more than a year below reading level and about 18 months behind in math. By the end of his first year at White Rock North, our son was testing at post high school levels for vocabulary and had caught up in math. This school was truly a blessing for us.

Posted January 31, 2014
My son started the PreK program as a 5 year old this year. As an educator in the area, I knew what was expected in public kindergarten and felt my son's previous school was not readying him enough for that, so we enrolled him in WRNS. I am an alum of WRNS and have known the principal and program for many years. I cannot tell enough people enough good things about the PreK program! His academics have soared! His previous behavior probelms are not as frequent and are handled in a positive way and are communicated to us daily. The principal, director, and his teacher worked closely with us when his breathing treatments in the morning were the culprit for his misbehaviors and now he is successful the majority of the days! I am so pleased with this program, the teachers, the curriculum, and the success we are seeing in him!

Posted January 30, 2014
I credit White Rock North with my son's development. from the moment he entered the corner cottage, their nurturing and attentive staff helped my son thrive in a social, academic setting. I honestly don't know what our lives would be like without this school and the amazing teachers. They are phenomenal and truly love my child and want to see him develop. The principal and staff are easy to talk to, and take a very tailored individual approach to development. I will send all of my kids here!

Posted January 30, 2014
My son started at WRNS for summer camp, he had so much fun with all the activities, so I decided to enroll him for 2013/2014 school year, I couldn't believe how much my son has changed in a positive way, when he came to WRNS he was reading and doing work on a 1st grade level (he is in 3rd grade) within a month he started reading and doing work on a 2nd grade level, now he is on 3rd grade level, he seems so happy and comfortable, the way they care and understand my son makes me so happy, just to see my son loving to go to school is a great feeling I suggest this school to everyone, you will be happy and satisfied.

Posted January 20, 2014
I am so disappointed with White Rock North School. My son attended this school until October of 2013. He enjoyed the summer program, however as soon as the school year started his entire demeaner and attitute changed. I talked to the principal and she said she would observe my son. In the half hour she spent in the classroom with him she determined he was ADHD and advised me to give him soda's to counteract the hyperactivity. I was floored and alarmed. I also found out that the prek teacher seated my son away from his classmates and had labeled him a "problem". My son has been traumitized by the time that he spent at White Rock North. He is not in a loving environement and is receiving therapy for the trauma of attending this school. Save the mental health of your children and go elsewhere.

Posted December 21, 2013
We've been truly disappointed with WRNS. The other posters here have shared the school is essentially a day care versus a grade school. I agree wholeheartedly. High turnover with teachers, classes dwindling and it's not very professionally run. For the dollars and issues we've had to endure, we are moving on.

White Rock North School
9727 White Rock Trail, Dallas, TX  75238
Last modified White Rock North School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
White Rock North School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 103 reviews. Top