8-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted June 02, 2014
Bending Oaks High School is a wonderful school. My son attended for four years. Wonderful teachers and staff. My son got a great education and actually enjoyed every minute he was there. Thank you Bending Oaks!

Posted May 29, 2014
I love Bending Oaks. I moved my daughter from a large suburban school to Bending Oaks. She could not handle the class size or pressure of the large schools. Bending Oaks has a laid back atmosphere and small classes that made a huge difference for us. However, do not confuse "laid back" with easy. Our child did work for her grades at Bending Oaks. In fact, in some of her classes the more individualized attention required more work because more was expected. But she was able to succeed because the learning atmosphere was more conducive to her style. In fact, she is a 2014 graduate with awesome grades. I doubt she'd be graduating if we had kept her where she was.

Posted May 29, 2014
I could not be more proud that my son attends As a parent of a Bending Oaks Student and a former public school teacher as well as son of a 2 teachers, I have been around educational systems in some respect for most of his life. Bending Oaks is an example to all educational institutions to follow. Education is paramount not test scores. Students learn to think, critique, examine.....they learn how to learn, not regurgitate. The teachers become friends, instead of faculty in charge of information and order. It is Very nurturing, very caring, very insightful; and they provide a top notch education to boot! It is expensive, and I have a hard time affording it, thats just honest. But it is worth every single penny. My son went from bullied, bored, underachieving, depressed lonely, lost, C to F student. To: As and Bs in harder classes, happy, comfortable, confident, intrigued, and more prepared than I thought possible...in his first year If you can, send your kids here. Its different, its expensive, it doesn't fit our current idea of a `school` ....its way way better than that.

Posted March 17, 2014
Bending Oaks is a great fit for our son. He is so happy attending school here that he gets up & off to school with no complaints. The small classes & engaged teachers are perfect for his learning style. Beth is a fabulous asset to this school. We are excited about his future at Bending Oaks.

Posted February 03, 2014
I wish all schools were like Bending Oaks. My son loves going to this school so much that he misses it when he's not there. He also loves and wants to go to summer school sessions. The staff are so in tune with their students and everyone feels respected and appreciated. Learning is fun there and the students are completely engaged. This school is a hidden gem, and I'm so glad to have found it for my child!

Posted September 23, 2013
Bending Oaks High School saved my son's life. The school accepted my son into what can only be called a family. He has a stutter and was bullied all through school until he entered Bending Oaks. The kids and staff embraced him and made him feel, for the first time in his life, that he was one of them. He attended all four years there and it was by far the best investment I have ever made. He thrived - his self esteem soared and he loved every minute of it. The teachers and staff help each student find their strengths while encouraging them to challenge themselves. I strongly recommend this school to any parent whose child feels lost in big schools or has faced bullying or just needs more a personal learning environment. Thank you, Bending Oaks High School, for helping my son become the man that he is today. He is happy, confident and most of all, positive about the future.

Posted September 23, 2013
I loved going to Bending Oaks - it is a great school and the teachers are really helpful. I felt like I belonged there and everyone is one big family.

Posted June 05, 2013
The best school ever! Prior to coming to Bending Oaks, my son struggled in school. We constantly had to hire tutors and seek out additional help. He (and us) were convinced that college was not in his future. After starting Bending Oaks that has all changed. Not only has his grades improved...so has his confidence level. Even better, he loves going to school now and is actually LEARNING. All the students bond and become a tight knit group which eliminates the typical stressors of the public school system and the teachers are the best. Thank you Bending Oaks. You have made a ROCK STAR out of my son who was convinced he wasn't smart enough to be successful.

Posted June 11, 2012
My daughter just graduated from Bending Oaks. The schools is amazing. The personal attention that she received from the teachers and administrators changed her outlook on life. The classes were small. The school has a non-competitive feel. I felt very comfortable with the school. It is a schoo where a person feels they don't have to change themselves or pretend to be someone they at not to be accepted and cared about. I am comfortable sending her away to college and she did the entire college application by herself. I love this school and all the people there.

Posted September 22, 2010
When we went for the interview, I watched my completely stressed out child relax for the first time since he started high school. This is the perfect environment for him. He is eager to go to school everyday and his grades went from failing to high As. The facilitation model is great and the atmosphere is relaxed. I highly recommend Bending Oaks and wish I had found this school 3 years ago.

Bending Oaks High School
11884 Greenville Avenue, Dallas, TX  75243
Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. (214) 883-1941
Last modified Bending Oaks High School is a Private school that serves grades 8-12