644 students|Academy Of Dallas

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This school has maybe 2 to 3 good teachers, the dean's at both campus are horrible, they are rude and don't know how to work with children or their parents. Last year was my babies last year there, one teacher choke my baby and they only gave her 2 weeks off from what I was told. Also on last week of school they sent a letter home saying dress down and they could wear shorts but no sandals. I go to drop my baby off but they wouldn't let her come to school unless I took her home to change, they sent dang near of half theschool home to change talking about the handbook say no shorts,but I guess the letter they sent home was false. I really dislike Academy of Dallas.

This is my childs first year attending the Oak Park campus in the pre k program and I must say Iam very happy with the development of my childs learning thus far. I have been told by other parents that the past couple of years at the school had become pretty crazy but from what I have noticed change has happened in a good way this year through them really trying to implement more structure. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THE OAK PARK CAMPUS TO PARENTS THAT ARE LOOKING FOR AN ALTERNATIVE TO THE "I.S.D's". The teachers seem to have a genuine love for the students and the assistant principal Mr. Franklin really is hands on with the students and seems to reaaly want the best for them. Lord knows I hear my childs talk about him daily and I see the other students flock around him all the time , they seem to trully adore him.

My kids been going to AOD for 3 yrs and what I love the best about it is the pk program but it's really messing up there. Oh yeah, it's a parents catcher there so moms watch out.

Vernon campus is trash ......oak park campus is definitely trash..... This is a trash can school... They don't even have a gym ... The gym is where ever the classroom at... The curriculum is terrible .....principle curses u out and wants too fight ... Yeah u know who u are... She's the ugly lady with the twist braids last year at the oak park campus. Mad because your face is ugly too.. That's a personal problem... Yeah I said it....we were about to get in an altercation..she was not professional....this year it's still trash ....low money for the school....do not send your child here.......Focus learning academy ...aw brown ....life charter ...even the school next to academy of Dallas on Vernon campus are all great schools...

all i have to say is that Academy of Dallas (vernon campus & Oak Park Campus) are the best! i have my son there since he was in Kinder garden now he is 4Th grade i being notice his improvement day by day. i have to admitted in the past two year Academy of Dallas is being improving not only with the students also with teachers and dicipline. i love the dress code that the school have now.

I love Academy of Dallas (oak park) my son have been going there since he was 3 he have learned a lot. I love that the teachers work with them and keep the parents in the mix with everything going on with school and your kids. I would refer any and everyone to this school. Thanks a lot.

I can't wait to get my child out of this school! (Vernon Campus) Some of the teachers are just plain rude. They curse (yes curse!) at the kids & they are very insensitive to special needs children. One teacher has even been known to put her hands on the students! They have no problem with embarrassing your special needs child in front of the whole class. They say things like "If you don't get to work I will break your neck." Don't even try to express your concerns to Mr. Young the director. I have found that he laughs off what the teachers do & makes excuses for them. They have absolutely no tissue or soap in the bathrooms (gross huh?) I'm fed up with the unprofessional atmosphere that this school shows. Never again will my child attend here after this school year.

I enrolled my daughter in academy of dallas this past week and i must admit first impression is everything to me. The staff was very nice to me and down to earth. I will be back later to give my full review but as of now the school is excellent and so are the many personalities that occupy the school.

Academy of Dallas ( Oak Park ) I must say I absolutely love this school and it's teachers. My son is in Pre-K and by far surpassed other children we know that are in his same age group enrolled in other Pre-K programs.

Academy of Dallas (Oak Park) is an excellent school. My child has learned so much. Its structured as well as fun activities for the students. Academy of Dallas keep up the good work and keep educating the children!

Last modified Academy Of Dallas is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.