Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

All Travis kids enter with an IQ test, seperating us from the norm and giving us an opportunity to achieve more and work for an ambitious mindset. Then there are those who skimp by, like myself. Although the experience is strenuous, the bond between classmates will become even stronger. Small pool of students, very strong bond. Had a great time dying. Drama Teacher hmu -It's Ya Boi, Best Actor.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Small pool of students. Absolutely no hierarchy whatsoever so bullying does not exist in this school.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

No divide, all is equal. All events outside of school itself will be held against you as an excuse to not be doing something you should be doing.

Develops character: Disagree

If you are dishonest, you will be punished, however, every student I have talked to has admitted to lying to teachers simply because we cannot keep up with the amount of work. Fairness and integrity are simply dismissed.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at this school strive to create a community with their students and help as much as humanly possible to help us understand anything that isn't as clear as crystal. They can always tell if something's wrong, and when they see that you're not okay, they ask what's wrong because they genuinely care. They teach the material so amazingly and push students to ask questions to make sure everyone understands. Most teachers even provide tutoring to help students if they need any extra clarification. Bottom line is the teachers that work here are amazing.

This school is filled with great students and teachers. With such a small amount of students, you get to know everyone and everyone treats each other like family. The academics at this school are very challenging, which expands the mind and helps people gain more knowledge. This school has taught me so much and I truly believe it to be the best in the nation.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I've just learned to hate myself. The four teachers that have made a difference in my life are teachers that know I am a transgender boy or are teachers I've just gotten along with very well and that has nothing to do with education.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Technically, each class is only allowed to give us 20 minutes a night. They do that most of the time but when it comes to projects, I have no time for anything else. I can't even watch TV anymore

I have just graduated this year from high school and I am an alumni from Travis. I can honestly say that it was an honor and privilege to have been able to attend such a high-ranking and challenging school with some of the most inspirational teachers and staff. To this day, I thank my teachers for constantly pushing me to try my hardest and always motivating me to keep going, even when I failed. Not only did I attain some of my most valuable knowledge there, but I also developed bonds which I still have today. I met three girls in particular, and it is definitely no coincidence that all four of us were accepted to a high-ranking magnet high school, graduated in the top 10% of our class, and were accepted to some of the most prestigious universities in the nation, including UT Austin, A&M College Station, NYU, and many more. We all know in our hearts that it was Travis that prepared us for these successes in our lives and as I write to you at my first job in a well-known commercial real estate company at the age of 18, I can definitely vouch that it may be difficult, but it is definitely worth it.

I am a former student. I just graduated from Travis last year, and I couldn't have made a better choice than switching for 4th Grade. Some of the teachers are strict, some are controlling, but the education is second to none, and is beyond worth it. Students of all types come to Travis; a lot go on to TAG Magnet (the #1 high school in the US), and some go on to Booker T. Washington (a highly recognized arts magnet). In any case, the small size creates a strong bond between the students, and it becomes difficult to let go at the end of the 8th grade. 86 out of 88 students cry at the school's 8th Grade dance, which is the last time they see each other as middle school students. I couldn't reccomend a school more. Just remember, it won't be easy, but it's doable. It'll be worth it.

Last modified William B Travis Acad/Vangrd For A is a Public school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.