PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Agree

Students are always challenged and teachers will work with students at their own pace. It is not uncommon to see teachers staying late after school to offer free tutoring.

Best private school in the Denton area, I went to Selwyn K-3, 8-11. Small classes with very involved caring teachers with high standards. You don't get that snotty uppity attitude like a lot of private schools. I couldn't give this school a better rating. The classes I took in 8th grade were more challenging than most any class I took in college. When I think of Selwyn I think of it as a FAMILY. They have a great opportunity for lower income families through grants as well! Taylor Haywood

A wonderful hidden gem! Tremendous education, even in the early childhood. Loving, well educated teachers. Our family loves it here.

We love Selwyn! I feel that the education my children get at Selwyn College Preparatory school is an ivestment that will pay for itself because they will actually know how to study and be self-motivated when the attend college. Selwyn teaches students how to think rather than how to sit and be fed information. Every student's opinion is valued at Selwyn and because they don't have to take time in the classroom to teach to the TAKS, there is time for discussion of the subject at hand. Selwyn's teachers truly care about the students and their approach instills a love of learning!

I have been extremely disappointed with this school. Our daughters teacher has been very destructive to our daughters desire to learn. She is extremely negative and plays favorites among the students. My wife and I are both educators and have been appalled at the lack of professionalism at this school - teacher discussing other students by name at our parent conference, teacher posted student grades on the wall, teacher spoke very freely about religious beliefs to the young students making them feel negative about their personal beliefs...Administration seems to turn a blind eye to complaints by parents and continue to allow teachers act in ways that are distructive to the students. I have heard MANY complaints from other parents and things only continued to get worse as the year went on. We cannot wait for this year to be over!!! I would NEVER recommend this school.

Selwyn is wonderful. There are only 8 children in my son's kindergarten class and the quality of teaching is great. My son learns so much and has really been able to blossom at Selwyn.

the school is a great school for preK through 5 but it lacks boy students above that age. it is great for preK through 5 cause it's a good inviorment for your child's early age. But when you get into middle school thats when it gets bad! They say bad words, are not nice,and are not big at all. maybe 10 people per grade. and high school problely has 20 people in all! after all of this. This school is just for the youngsters.

The Selwyn School is a waste of money. One of the worst school I have ever put my child in. The teachers and staff are hypocritcal and biased toward students by picking favorites and not treating all children as equals. They are not focused on the importance of education. I would never recommend this school to anyone.

Selwyn has been and continues to be such an amazing experience for our son. It balances challenging academics and a nurturing environment perfectly. We love the enrichment programs and we are so grateful that we aren't faced with yearly TAKS testing. It is a bit of a drive for us and is a financial sacrifice, but well worth it!

I am grateful every day to have such an incredible school for my son. Selwyn offers such a safe, nurturing environment where my son has just blossomed. Even at a young age, the curriculum has been wonderful and diverse, including math, science, reading, writing, music, arts, computer, and nature studies on the beautiful 90 acre campus. In my opionion, Selwyn is the clear choice for a non-sectarian, college prep education in Denton. We even commute 40 minutes to get there!

Last modified The Selwyn School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12