Immaculate Conception Catholic School 2

Posted April 10, 2015
This school employs both outstanding and mediocre educators. While one of the best teachers strives to 'teach to the highest student', another is found asleep with a full classroom of students. The administrator is a great 'salesman', and has proven on several occasions, to utilize staff and students alike to maintain her employment and ensure her position, without regard for their well-being. The curriculum is fair at best, and produces minimal results. Students with disabilities lack the support required-not due to their educators, but due to the lack of enough sufficient, qualified staff, instruction time and resources. The campus also utilizes PSIA competition results and honors won by a small few, to further boost enrollment. This same competition is so vital to the administration, that a great amount of actual instruction time is taken from the students as a whole, and staff are required to take away subject area time in order to incorporate PSIA. It is genuinely a school bursting with Catholic faith, but truly lacks vision and pediological leadership. After much consideration and our own previous involvement with ICCS, our decision was to look elsewhere.

Posted March 22, 2015
Recently I had the opportunity to do some substitute teaching for the ICCS and I found the school community to be the warm, loving and overall an excellent educational environment. The teachers are full of passion, professionalism, affection, and have a nurturing spirit towards their students and colleagues. The commitment, hard work of the Faculty and Staff and the proactive leadership and dedication of the principal, Mrs. Elaine Schad, is what makes the Our Lady's school into a successful Community of Faith and Education. I was once a member of Texas Catholic Conference Education Department (TCCED) Accreditation Visiting Team and I wouldn't have hesitated to rate the ICCS Excellent. It is a great school to be at and completely worth the investment for a child's education. I would highly recommend parents consider this school if they want to provide their children with a holistic excellent private school education along with the freedom to pray and learn substantial solid Christian values.

Posted February 25, 2015
We have attended Immaculate Conception Catholic School (ICCS) for many years and could not happier with the staff, the cirriculum, the facilities, and the church community surrounding this small school. We looked into many local schools in the Dallas and Ft Worth dioceses and ICCS not only has one of the best tuition rates, but it also has the rare opportunity to be spiritually supported by three local parishes. My children have thrived at this school both academically and spiritually. There are usually around 250 students in pre-k through 8th so the class sizes are small enough that each student receives the attention they need. I can only hope that this school or some other in the Denton community will expand to include a high school in the near future.

Posted July 28, 2014
We have attended Immaculate Conception for over 5 years and have been more than pleased with the principle, the teachers and the staff. It is obvious that the principle works above and beyond her duty to ensure the sound education and safety of all students. She loves these kids! The teachers truly love their vocation of teaching and generously give their time to every student and we have found them to be well qualified in education and experience. The family environment is fantastic and all parents are looking out for each other and their children. Love and discipleship are alive at ICCS and we are blessed to be apart of this school!

Posted April 14, 2014
ICCS is a fantastic school. I have never been happier with a privet school. This is my 3rd school, to send my kids to. This will be the last change in location of schooling. So happy here. The teachers are incredible. The one on one with the kids, is outstanding. Love it I give it 10 stars

Posted June 19, 2011
We have been at this wonderful Catholic school since my daughter was in the pre-k for 3 year olds and she is now entering second grade. This is a very small school where everyone knows each other by first name and I always feel like we are part of a loving family unit. We all care about all the children so much. I have so much love for the staff and have always been treated as a major player in my daughters education. When my daughter was out I'll, her teacher came to our home and made sure she was not getting behind and she would stay to go over that weeks lessons. Find that in any public school! I have looked at all the private schools in the area and I can honestly tell you this school stands way out above the crowd!

Posted April 30, 2010
We want our daughter to learn and grow in the best possible Catholic environment and we have that at Immaculate Conception Catholic School. She is receiving an excellent education and maturing in her faith every day. ICCS is an extension of what we teach her at home. How blessed we are to have this school and these teachers who love and teach our daughter!

Posted April 09, 2010
My daughter has attended ICCS for 2 years. Though there is a lack of diversity, she is getting what she needs, academically and her faith has increased. I noticed a significant difference in children who do not attend faith based schools. My daughter knows quite a bit about her faith. Recently, she told her dad 'I want to make sure my soul is clean' . She is 6 years old. Academically, these children are encouraged to excel to exceedingly high levels. They are aware greatness is expected of them. They are taught to resolve conflicts without being physical. I am truly amazed and proud my child is a student there. Ms. Schad is the absolute best. The teachers and principal all understand the sacrifices many parents make to send their children to private school. We are blessed to be able to send our child to ICCS. I love ICCS!

Immaculate Conception Catholic School 1

Posted August 09, 2009
As a parent of 2 children, I had them at this school for 9 yrs. It's a well-maintained bldg, and a good location. I question the curriculum, ethics, and admin. Proceed with caution.

Immaculate Conception Catholic School

Posted July 24, 2009
Immaculate Conception Catholic School is a back to basics, family oriented, Christ-centered place of learning and living. The community of students, pastors, staff, and parents work together to 'Teach as Jesus taught,' to provide the children and one another with a deeply Catholic climate where values, morals and the 3 R's of Reverence, Respect, and Responsibility can grow.

Immaculate Conception Catholic School
2301 North Bonnie Brae Street, Denton, TX  76207
Last modified Immaculate Conception Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Immaculate Conception Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top