No rating

Desoto Private School

Private | PK-6

Living in DeSoto

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $125,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $880.

Posted February 20, 2014

My daughter is in the three year old preschool program and she is blossoming!! She loves to go to school and is learning so much. She knows all her letters and sounds and can even write them. She comes home singing songs and telling me all about their theme for the week. My friend's children also attend there and they absolutely love it. I would recommend it to everyone !!!

Posted May 9, 2012

The best thing I've ever done for my 3 kids. They have grown both personally and academically. The hands on approach is a very important aspect of this great school. The tuition is very affordable and allows us to send all 3 kids there. DPS came very highly recommended from friends in our community and we havent been disappointed yet. If you look at surrounding community high schools many of their top awarded students got there start at DeSoto Private.

Posted May 9, 2012

My daughter attends DPS and is in the first grade. She is writing in cursive reads like a champ. Her confidence has sky rocketed since her transition to DeSoto Private School. It brings tears to my eyes when I think of it. As a single parent I can afford to enhance my daughters life.

Posted December 8, 2010

My daughter is in PK-3 and she has been at DeSoto Private for a year now. She has learned so much! She can recognize almost all of her letters and numbers and can count nearly to 20. She is already starting to write letters and numbers. And she comes home saying the names of animals I had no idea she knew about, like Hippopotomus. And they talk about a lot of subjects I would think would be too advanced for a 3 year old (like condensation for example) but I very much like that they start topics like this early because repetition is key. I am very happy with the progress she has made since she has been enrolled in this school.

Posted July 28, 2010

My daughter went to DPS for Pre K - 2 grade she did wonderfully and enjoyed school, unfortunately for financial reasons we had to pur her into public school for 3 & 4 grade, where she all of a suddent had dicipline probelms and the curriculm had no rigor. Each summer she attend the camp and missed the school and the staff so much, this year we are making a financial sacrifice to get her back into a school that really cares for the children and respects education.

Posted April 19, 2010

There are some good things and some things that need serious attention. My daughter has attended DPS for 3 years. The cirriculum is good but not great. Unfortunately, I think most parents buy into the name 'Private'. This will be my daughter's last year.

Posted February 25, 2010

This school has wonderful 3 year old teachers , but they also act is if they are trying to hide something. The head staff do not seem to be genuine. My child is in the 3 year old program and does lots of coloring. I love his teachers, but do not care for the ones after, they also watch lots of television. Morning and evening. This is my child's last year.

Posted February 22, 2010

I did not like this school for PK-4. They were just coloring all day long. And no social interaction. My child was miserable and bored.

Posted January 22, 2010

This is school is such a joke!!!! They are doing the same work in PreK 4 as they did in PreK3.. No difference and no one can tell my why there is not a PreK 4 Cirriculum...They are a great daycare!!

Posted January 9, 2010

This is one of those schools that sounds like a good idea till you have enrolled here.I am very upset with the way they handle things at this school. My child learned more when they were up the road at Cross of Christ. We will not be back next year!!!!!

Posted May 28, 2009

this is the best school my son ever attending. I love this school but not only me but my son love it. this school teaches the kids not just baby sit like alot of the other schools/daycare. My son learns alot my son is only 4yrs old and already know how to count to ten in spanish. this schools is just awesome.

Posted January 7, 2009

My children have been at DPS since they were 3 and 4.( Currently in 6 and 4th grade) I love and respect the education that they are receiving. Yes there is a lot of homework. However the education that they are receiving will carry forth with them into middle school. The study skills that they are developing will be needed as they move forward into their education journey.

Posted November 1, 2008

The curriculum is too slow paced. I expected more rigor from a private school.

Posted August 7, 2008

Both of my childern go to DPS. From a different school I was told by my son's K teacher that he would strugle in 1st grade and might not pass. I fought with him just to go to school. Now he completed 1st grade with honors and loves to go to school. Thanks for the special attention and care that he got from DPS. It is like getting a homeschool education in a school. It is a great school. Thank God for DPS!

Posted April 27, 2008

My daughter graduated from DPS last year and went to a college prep school. She is making all 'A's' at the college prep Jr. High. This school is the best private elementary school in the area. The standards are high, and the staff accomplished. I cannot say enough good things about thes chool and can find very little bad to say. It is simplay a miracle what my child learned there, and what she has retained.

Posted September 25, 2007

This school is wonderful and our daughter enjoys going there very much! They do alot of homework..which isn't a complaing..just a fact! The student population could be a little more diverse in ethnicity ratios but this may be due to location of the school in Southern Dallas County.

Posted November 3, 2006

I can't say enough wonderful things about DeSoto Private School. My children started there in their 3k Pre-school and are now in kindergarten. The fact that they attended pre-school there made the transition into kindergarten very smooth. The curriculum is excellent and I love the emphasis they place on Phonics. I couldn't believe how fast the kids learned to read. They make the learning experience fun for kids at all grade levels. The Headmaster and Director have open door policies and encourage parents to communicate with them whether the need is big or small. DeSoto Private School will give your child an excellent foundation to go on and be an excellent student. Before & After school care is available and tuition is more than fair!

Posted March 6, 2006

This school is a very good school. I have a child who was been here since he was in PreK4. The teachers and headmaster are very professional and the lesson plans for the students are very concrete and valuable. My child is very excited to go to school. There are no extra curricular activities provided which is probably good because my child has a full work load with class and homework assignment.

Asian or Pacific Islander 0% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Fax number
  • (972) 230-0629

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

301 East Belt Line Road