Duncanville, TX

Clint Q Smith Elementary School 1

Posted April 07, 2015
I have two children who have endured this school. Three years ago, it was decent, now...it seems very disorganized with teachers who seem inexperienced and at a loss on how to connect with and educate elementary students. The entire school seems to really struggle to keep up with and maintain decent standards. My child will definitely be moved to another school after this school year. I'm a bit disappointed with the outcome of our experience at Smith - and the Duncanville district as a whole, but in my search for better, I've found surrounding districts to be equally poor in their service to educating children as well. I have a whole newfound respect for those who are able to home school their child(ren).

Posted August 24, 2013
Great school with awesome teachers and staff. My son loves this school. Teachers and staff knows each child by name.

Posted August 21, 2011
It is a great school, wonderful teachers & staff - most important, my child is excited to learn since day 1. I absolutely like the parent involvement and principal supports new ideas. Looking forward to more sucessful years @ Smith!

Posted April 24, 2011
Smith Elementary has always been a top notch school. Very good caring veteran teachers. My children went the school and are now college graduates.

Posted April 05, 2011
I love this school and my 3 children do also. They are so involved with the children and the principal is Awesome!!!!

Clint Q Smith Elementary School

Posted April 20, 2010
I have a 4th grader who is in Ms Winn class. He really like Ms Winn and she has been a great help with assisting him in learning. Also my K-5 student has a great teacher as well. My student love Ms Richardson and has learn alot being in her class. These are two outstanding teachers. Mostly everyone is excellent to work with including the lunch room staff, Pricipal and Assist Pricipal. Great Job Smith

Clint Q Smith Elementary School 4

Posted April 16, 2010
I've had a good experience at this school. Teachers have been open to parental invovlment. My daughter 4th grade teacher Mrs. Craft is awesome she gave great suggestions on what I can work with my daughter own. Environment seems pleasing and the office staff was welcoming. If any complaints, I believe teachers need more help in disciplining misbehaving students in class.

Posted November 17, 2009
My baby girl goes there and always come back home with a smile on her face she say she love her teachers Mrs.Valintine and Mrs.Reid I think that they are pretty good teachers ,too. :)

Clint Q Smith Elementary School 3

Posted March 01, 2006
We were really impressed with Smith when our son was in first grade. At that time, it was known as Smith Academy. It had excellent an outstanding principal and many advanced programs for the kids. That changed the next year, with the change in principals. DISD decided all elementary schools should be equal, but rather than adding to the other schools, resources were withdrawn from Smith. Children were no longer allowed to talk at lunch nor to go outside after lunch. Recess was eliminated. The school day for these K-4 kids was longer than for highschoolers. We pulled our sons out and homeschool them.

Posted September 26, 2005
This school is as close to private as you can get in a public setting. We really enjoyed the Kindergarten teachers!

Clint Q Smith Elementary School
1010 Big Stone Gap Road, Duncanville, TX  75137
Last modified Clint Q Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clint Q Smith Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top