Bad
Good

with the teacher not what I ecpected I think that teachers that have years of teaching get tierd and they do not have patience with students im not saying they should babysit but they have to be more sweet and nice speacily with pk and kinder student!!!!! everyday there has to be something

Canterbury is an awesome school! The teachers and staff truly care about the kids. My children attended a private school before coming to Canterbury. The quality of education and the curriculum has been far superior to that of the private school. In addition, student behavior has always been fantastic. As with any school, there will always be behavioral issues. At Canterbury, they are always quickly addressed and modified. Great teachers, students and parents at this school!

My school is a spectacular institute for learning and molding successful leaders for tomorrow! We have superior students, terrific teachers, awesome administration and stupendous support staff!

The best public school in Rio Grande Valley with excellent Principal, teachers and staff. Curriculum for Gifted and Talented Program is awesome. Recognized as District Champion in UIL, Pop Quiz, etc. Parental involvement is highly appreciated too. My two children are very fortunate to complete their elementary years @ Canterbury. Thank You Canterbury!

I WAS A STUDENT OF CANTERBURY. i loved all my teachers here, but my favorite were: Mr.Flores and Mr.Chrismer. They push all their students very hard. When i made it to 6th grade I already knew all the work that was going to be taught. I am at the top of my class right now, all thanks to Canterbury, because they have so many programs for the students that will premote their education. Another school you should look into after elementary is IDEA Public Schools, a charter school. 100% of the students that stay there for more than 2 years will go to college. I am 12 years old and i am in 7th grade. Canterbury is a good school to go to

This is a really good school. The progam UIL is supported by teachers and parents. Their is no lack of parent involvement.

Canterbury is like a private school, only it is public. The staff is very dedicated and there is a high morale overall. There are many activities to encourage family togetherness at the school. My child seems to be ahead of all his friends who attend other schools nearby. Also the school seems like it is clean and sanitary. I couldn't ask for more.

My son comes from a one income family and on top of that he is disabled and does not get any government assistance whatsoever. So, we are not wealthy. However, I don't understand why that is an issue in having a good education or taking part in it. We, as parents, need to be held more accountable for the futures of our kids. We can call the teachers or send notes with our children and ask them about their progress or what we need to do to help out. We're not doing their jobs but we do need to take an interest. Parenting does not stop at school. I, for one cannot volunteer during the day, but there is a PTA to attend and voice our concerns or even give our praises. I, for one, am very happy with this school. It is a very sought after school to attend.

This school was problematic because some students were economically better off than others and this caused a riff within the students. For example, some students were able to stay after school for their extracurricular activities because they could afford the t-shirts and had rides. The students from single parent homes didn't have the option of staying after school so they missed out on clubs. The teachers and meetings also don't consider that single parent homes in which the parent works cannot attend all the functions that are during the day. Another thing that was a problem was the preferred treatment that children received if they had parents who were teachers. It would be helpful if they could implement a system where teachers took turns with the children and offered rides or offered after school activities or Saturday, where parents could pick them up or drop them off.

Last modified Canterbury Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.