Marguerite J Lundy Elementary School 2

Posted December 16, 2014
Lundy is not the most organized school. The Principle Mr. Mendoza is not approachable and cold. He does not understand elementary students; many of his policies would work better in a high school instead of an elementary school. The teachers I have encountered here do not seem to have a sense of responsibility for knowing the children in their class. Office staff has always been pleasant however often often seem stressed and have more on their plate then they can handle. Overall not the best experience however I keep telling myself it could be worst.

Marguerite J Lundy Elementary School 5

Posted October 20, 2014
I am very happy with this school. I was surprised with the other comments. Clerks are always nice and very polite. I see the principal outside every day that I go to pick up my daughter. This is the 2nd year that my daughter goes to Lundy and her teachers are great. She is in the dual language and is learning more than what I thought. My daughter is happy so I am happy too.

Marguerite J Lundy Elementary School 3

Posted July 24, 2014
The school has deteriorated since the new Principal arrived, the front office staff is rude, and PE is a Joke. Most of the teaches and the VP are good educators, but you can tell that the lack of leadership is eroding the quality of the school. The new Principal is more of a bureaucrat than an educator.

Posted April 29, 2014
The office staff are the rudest people I have ever had to deal with. The principal can't be bothered and I'm not sure why he is even there. I'm so glad we moved out of El Paso - that was the worse experience I've ever had being a parent.

Marguerite J Lundy Elementary School 2

Posted April 03, 2014
I agree with a lot of these negative posts. While my two children seem to enjoy school, the teaching leaves a lot to be desired. My daughter's 4th and 5th grade teachers have been wonderful. My other daughter's kindergarten teacher was amazing and I loved her. Her 1st grade teacher, however, is so bad I've had to meet with the principal on multiple occasions regarding the learning and what is NOT being taught. Hand outs have so many grammatical and spelling errors I'm afraid my children won't get a quality education. I've pointed out the errors and the teachers ignore it. I've also pointed out errors on graded papers. The teacher agreed my child's answer was correct, however, the answer key was what she needed to go by. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? El Paso is horrific for education and I can't wait to move from this city.

Posted March 24, 2014
I'm a Lundy 5th grade student, and I go to this school. To be honest, it is the worst school I have ever been to, and if I could switch I would. My main complaint is P.E. Our coaches are careless, and they waste a lot of our P.E. time. The only breaks we ever get out of class are only five minutes, because usually the only thing the coaches do is make us sit there and do nothing for recess. The principal and the VP have still done nothing about this. Other than that, we have wonderful and talented teachers and a great school building. I would not recommend this school to anyone, nor will I want my younger sisters and brothers attending this school.

Posted March 23, 2014
What once was and felt like an incredible and exciting school for our neighborhood. Is now overcrowded and poorly administered. My husband and I have attempted to contact the principal numerous times on different issues, during different times for the past two years, and not once has he returned our calls. I agree with previous posts that physical education is not being thought (time for play). The staff use scare tactics (yelling) for discipline and are unfriendly and unprofessional. We are happily waiting for the year to end and switching our children to a private school.

Posted November 06, 2013
Beautiful building is about the only good thing that I can say about Lundy. The principal is never available and he passes voicemails that were left for him onto staff members. The teachers seem to be there to get a pay check and not for a true passion of teaching. (Obviously one can not say that about all the teachers, but I can say that about the teachers my children have.) PE seems to involve jogging and not much else. We are so very disappointed in this school and will be removing our children and sending them to a school where they will be challenged by passionate teachers.

Posted August 24, 2013
Horrible, horrible office staff. Very unfriendly nature and very impolite. Young staff but still acts as grumpy grandpas.

Posted August 07, 2013
The new principal is not involved. You can witness him with his arms crossed and nose in the air. The front office is very RUDE and empty most of the time. They see you standing there and ignore you! The teacher was a child's worst nightmare. When it was brought to the attention of the office, they could not care less! And to top if off, picking up your child is a nightmare due to lack of parking. You have to go 45 minutes early for a spot and sit in the heat.

Marguerite J Lundy Elementary School
6201 High Ridge Drive, El Paso, TX  79912
Last modified Marguerite J Lundy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marguerite J Lundy Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top