El Paso, TX

Posted March 27, 2015
If your child has special needs than you need to stay away from this school. I could write a book on how horrible things were for our son. From the top, the principal is burnt out, unprofessional, frumpy, apathetic. If your child is in the process of testing for their special needs, good luck. The diagnostician will make you jump through hoops of fire and give you every excuse in the book not to get your child what they need. Safety there? What safety? If your child wanders then you need to be extra cautious, they will let your child run off and talking to the military police or administration will do little. Of course there are some caring staff there but let me just throw a word of caution to those who look at ratings and reviews, this is not where you want to be. On another note, if you are told to go here and your child has so many needs and El Paso is not for you, you need to investigate further, EFMP is backed up in certain areas and diving deeper will reveal that. Hopefully you can bypass El Paso altogether.

Posted January 28, 2014
Logan Elementary- HORRIBLE school. Issues never get resolved. Lazy& unprofessional staff minus a few that actually care about their job& the students. Can never talk to one of the many Principals they've had with in a year& a half. Some teachers don't hand out homework. School is very old& unsafe. Teachers speak horribly to the kids. Communication with teachers in non existent. No one ever calls you back to settle an issue. Most of the time what is on the lunch menu isn't what your children actually eat. The school doesn't offer many extra curricular activities. Whenever you want to speak with your child's teacher it's almost impossible. Constantly changing the rules to where you can& can't park to pick up your child. There's no play ground. Kids play with the sand& old cut up bleach buckets. There's no shade on ridiculously hot days or on extremely cold days. The campus is not secure& they let the youngest of the kids walk alone without an adult. My advice DON'T send your children to this school. I've not seen such a horrible school in all the schools my children or I've attended. It's pretty pathetic. Just stating my experiences& those of others I've spoken with. Good Luck

Logan Elementary School 4

Posted October 22, 2012
My autistic son attended Logan for 5 years and thrived under the great teachers and faculty. While the open campus was a concern at first, being located in military housing area it is constantly patroled by military police. The buildings are old, but construction is begining for the new facilities to replace the existing school. The office staff are some of the nicest, most conciderate ladies I have met, even remembering my family after we left the area for two years. I found no difficulties with getting my son the help and assistance he needed for his autism, the staff going so far as to assist me in finding training off campus to help cope his disabilities. I could not ask for a better school.

Posted January 17, 2011
My son attended Logan last year & everytime I think about how he did there I cry. He is diagnosed autistic, but very high functioning & all of the faculty was unwilling to do anything to help him. I would say if your child needs any extra help in school, avoid Logan.

Posted April 29, 2010
Very poor school, unsafe pickup/drop off, not good at all. Lacking in everyway possible.

Logan Elementary School 2

Posted October 09, 2008
My childs last school was a DOD school and Logan is lacking in every way compared to it. The security measures are poor and the disiplinary actions are non existant. I think the teachers are over burdened with many children and no assistants in the class. MY son loved his last school and learned so much, at Logan it is strictly by the book hand out learning. I am not impressed and if we had the money he would be in an private school.

Posted August 14, 2008
As a subsitute teacher I've been at many of the schools in the district. If El Paso is trying to get more military here, this school should be a model of the schools available within the city. The school and its grounds are really showing their age. On the other hand, the students and staff are top notch. The parents seem more involved than they are at other El Paso schools. I think that since most are military they are transfered out before they can effectively change the building or grounds.

Posted July 10, 2007
My son's first grade teacher was wonderful! I feel the education my son received was excellent. However, I am concerned with how open the school is. Of course they say you have to sign in before going anywhere in the school, but it's not necessary to go to the office to get to any of the classrooms. I really miss the security of the closed building of my son's last school.

Posted April 23, 2007
I cannot believe that a school located in a military base can be so in a bad shape. If your son is allergic to any food product, you are in the wrong school.

Logan Elementary School 5

Posted February 21, 2007
My son is a walk-in speech therapy student twice a week. The speech therapist on campus is AWESOME! When I enrolled my son the office staff was very friendly and got me in and out as quickly as possible. My son absolutely loves his speech days with Mrs.LaBelle. She has worked with my son for two months and I see such great improvement in him that I will switch him from the headstart program he is in this year to Logan next year, if only for the speech therapy. I have been very impressed with this school. Amanda

3200 Ellerthorpe Avenue, El Paso, TX  79904
Last modified Logan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Logan Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top